Tankadins become crushable in sunwell?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tankadins become crushable in sunwell?

Postby Tenku » Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 pm

On bosskillers it states that all trash mobs and boss will have the buff that reduce our chance to dodge by 20% and increase our chance of being hit by 5%

Is there any particular gearing or gemming needed to counteract this buff in order to be uncrushable again?
Tenku

Postby Stroja » Thu May 29, 2008 10:31 pm

The first couple of bosses don't crush at all. I'm uncertain about Felmyst, but I'm positive that the twins can.

I believe I've seen at least one person floating around here that is uncrushable on twins with very respectable stats - don't know if it's including a -hit debuff on the boss or not.
Stroja

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu May 29, 2008 10:36 pm

25% off dodge btw*
You can see the buff simply by targeting any mob in sunwell.

Nothing in the instance crushes other than one of the twins.

AFAIK KJ don't crush either.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Lucit » Thu May 29, 2008 11:25 pm

Stroja wrote:The first couple of bosses don't crush at all. I'm uncertain about Felmyst, but I'm positive that the twins can.

I believe I've seen at least one person floating around here that is uncrushable on twins with very respectable stats - don't know if it's including a -hit debuff on the boss or not.

Yeah, it's pretty straightforward to get "Sunwell uncrushable" if you've got the appropriate gear to be working on Twins. I don't actually bother - I'm pretty close, but the only time I've died to a crush was a confound+crush that I couldn't have avoided anyway.
Lucit

Postby Seloei » Fri May 30, 2008 12:10 am

full bt gear + scorpid sting already puts you back in the uncrushable level, but the only ones i've heard of crushing are twins, and every fight needs different gear "builds" so...
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Fri May 30, 2008 5:08 am

It's the answer to the block rating on new T6 items :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Fri May 30, 2008 6:59 am

QuantumDelta wrote:25% off dodge btw*
You can see the buff simply by targeting any mob in sunwell.

You mean this buff? http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=45769

;)
Lore
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 am

ZOOOMG
My bad :<
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Lore » Fri May 30, 2008 7:16 am

More to the point, I can get pretty close to Sunwell uncrushable without too much work. I re-enchanted my The Seeker's Wristguards with +12 defense, and with those, my block libram, and Scorpid Sting I'm pretty set.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Fri May 30, 2008 7:52 am

the sunwell shield, t6 belt, and t6 bracers make uncrushable fairly easymode. Remember twins DW so we're the only tanks that can really maintain uncrushable on this boss. I've seen her chew down shield block charges.

I'm not yet sure if entropius can crush, but the adds are all lvl 72.
Elsie

Postby Lore » Fri May 30, 2008 8:03 am

Throwing this in for the sake of clarity: Twins don't suffer from dual wield miss rate.

(I know that wasn't your point Elsie but I thought I'd answer it before someone asked :P)
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 am

Hehe, actually it just strengthens my point. If brutallus was made for Druids, then Sacrolash is made for a geared paladin.
Elsie

Postby Lore » Fri May 30, 2008 8:41 am

Elsie wrote:Hehe, actually it just strengthens my point. If brutallus was made for Druids, then Sacrolash is made for a geared paladin.

Pfft, Brutallus was made for Paladins.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Catriona » Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 am

Lore wrote:
Elsie wrote:Hehe, actually it just strengthens my point. If brutallus was made for Druids, then Sacrolash is made for a geared paladin.

Pfft, Brutallus was made for Paladins.

True story.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Virgil » Sat May 31, 2008 2:23 am

what I do find annoying is that the 5% chance to miss affects taunt resist, so brutallus becomes difficult when I'm trying to tank him. I die less than warriors tho, which is always nice :p

Kalecgos is ezmode for tanking as a paladin, you can keep aggro on the demon for as long as you are down there with 550ish Spelldamage.

I've not been crushed in sunwell by a boss yet, so its safe to say its impossible.
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... r&n=Virgil

My armory profile :) Might be in holy or retri gear!
Virgil

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau