Remove Advertisements

minimum requirements for Zul Aman

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby kensanity » Tue May 13, 2008 3:03 am

i see what you are saying with hexlord.

idk, I usually bring only 1 rogue and maybe 1 enchancement shaman when attempting the avatars (and a warrior OT) I'm beginning to wonder if there are enough kicks on the hexlord's heals.

perhaps its cuz my group doesn't know what spells malacriss will throw out depending on the abilities he absorbs.

all i know ais that damn, when he gets me i just dont put consecrate down cuz i dont want any confusion of who's consecrate it is.

i guess it just takes practice. personally, i've never seen him go down when i was on my CoH priest. but i'm sure if i change group assignements for heals, he is gonna go down next attempt :)
kensanity

Postby BigBlueCheese » Tue May 13, 2008 11:59 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Provided t5+ dps i'm fairly sure you don't need any kind of cc. On eagle you'll be low on mana even tanking everything(kililng only healers) till the tempest if the aoe is killing more than the eagles, and on hawk... the important part is killing the scouts fast. If you time your pull do hit them before the dpsers start, they'll all go to you. A mage makes this gauntlet easy with spellsteal + coutnerspell + aoe

Thanks. I tried ZA with another guild, they needed a pally tank, and the gauntlet was cake. Actually surprised how easy it was. Kinda felt bad that I didn't have any mana pots with me because I didn't have enough mana for consecration when a wave was coming but no one died. Downed bear and bird boss but no timed chests. Stopped after 2nd boss cus one of their healers had to leave. But not bad considering I've never really played with this guild.

Trying with the guild tomorrow and hoping to get at least the 1st timed chest and down Jan'alai.
BigBlueCheese

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 13, 2008 12:06 pm

If you can't skip the riderless bears, they *can* be solo tanked by you, too. Just make sure you stun the second one as it reaches you and the dps doesn't suck.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Boomtank » Tue May 13, 2008 12:24 pm

yeah my biggist problem on any trash is the guantlet up to eagle going oom.
but luckily our regular mage keeps a large stock of ice grenades and generaly no one takes any damage by the birds
Boomtank

Postby Sammuel » Wed May 14, 2008 5:23 pm

well ive tanked every boss in the place( we just got to zuljin and only had 2 attempts b4 we had to call it but got him below 30%) with the stats i have now. we have first 5 bosses easy and 3 timers... 15k unbuffed is fine.. the only way you should ever recieve an 18k lash is if you dont take an offtank. only reason you would do that is to reach 4 timer.... which right now isnt important to my guild. i recommend at least 400 sd... you can do with less but more dps the better so you can get timers. no cc is really required but i let my mage sheep from time to time so he feels needed :)..... hopefully tomorrow we will take down zuljin since we have a new strat for eagle section..... :) wish us luck lol
"everything is easier with a pally tank"
Sammuel

Postby Boomtank » Wed May 14, 2008 7:12 pm

yeah ZJ eagle phase is hell
i had a 6/6 farm group go in and we had 1 healer we didnt normaly have and we wiped 7 times, brought in a diff healer and then 1 shot.

but yeah anyways sucksss
Boomtank

Postby shaak » Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 am

hey just wondering whether i'm well geared enough to main tank ZA yet

heres my unbuffed stats:
Health- 15147
Armor- 15220
Avoidance- 102.4% (41.66% pure avoidance)
Spell Damage- 280

i'll be getting Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian
shaak

Postby Pane » Thu May 29, 2008 3:27 am

shaak wrote:hey just wondering whether i'm well geared enough to main tank ZA yet

heres my unbuffed stats:
Health- 15147
Armor- 15220
Avoidance- 102.4% (41.66% pure avoidance)
Spell Damage- 280

i'll be getting Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian

Yes
Pane

Postby Seloei » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 pm

With those stats i'd hope you've got a few good healers, since 40% pure avoidance is a bit low. Altho, you will manage fine i presume (just let someone with better gear tank bear form and lynx boss since those can do some insane burst damage)
Seloei

Postby shaak » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:21 am

ok thanks
shaak

Postby Elhadj » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:27 am

Healzorz25 wrote:Our first ZA run the other night this was me unbuffed (MT'ing)...

Hp: 12807
Mana: 4-5k i forget. doesnt matter much
Def: 491
Dodge: 18.73%
Parry: 16.55%
Block: 25.99%
Spell dam: 221 Spell Damage.

Don't need much. I think I have two badge pieces Libram and Belt. And two kara pieces. Bracers from Attumen and T4 hat. Other than that full blues/kara ring. Don't need a ton. I would link armory but I logged off in my lolhealing gear. :P

No offense but I just don't believe this.
Elhadj

Postby Lookit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:20 pm

Boomtank wrote:yeah my biggist problem on any trash is the guantlet up to eagle going oom.
but luckily our regular mage keeps a large stock of ice grenades and generaly no one takes any damage by the birds

I never have any trouble with the eagle gauntlet, here's what I do:

- Pull the first four mobs at once, mark one of the Windcallers with a Skull, mark the second with an X. Kill Skull first, then X. By this time the first wave of birds should have arrived, so DPS can AOE the birds down with the Protectors.

- As soon as your remaining 2 protectors are low health, run up and pull the next 2 mobs, killing the windcaller first. As soon as the windcaller is down, pull the next 2 mobs, and AOE them along with the birds you should be getting right about now.

- During this time, your OT should be on Warrior duty in the back, picking up the warriors as they spawn. As you pull the final 2 mobs before the tempest, give your dps a little bit of time to get the windcaller down and then have the OT grab the Tempest while you clean up any birds, protectors, or warriors that are still up.

The faster you can engage the Tempest, the fewer birds and warriors you'll have to deal with. We clear the entire gauntlet in under 4 mins, so speed is definitely the key to success. If you spend time waiting, the adds just keep piling up and pretty soon everyone is running out of mana.

The only mobs that hit hard in the gauntlet are the windcallers, so make them your top priority. Birds and Protectors are great light-hitting melee mobs, so having tons of them on you just means you'll have plenty of mana without much fear of dying.

Also make sure you have plenty of mana pots whenever you run ZA, because there are just too many times during the trash where not having enough mana to consecrate means a dead healer or DPS. And if you can finagle a shadow priest in your group, you'll be set as well.
Lookit

Postby Kinrain » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 am

Our GL/RL made a joke about us going to ZA for a looksee last night and we all took him literally and went.

We've got upto Illhoof on farm but need more practice on him, the dragons & Prince so we're not really ready.

We snagged a freindly Warrior who's done ZA a lot to guide us through and got to Nalorak but couldn't down him (got him to 70% first try which the Warrior said was very good). I was wondering if it was me being undergeared or the healers but I went down blindingly fast on the double bear pull and also on Nal.

I have unbuffed;

HPS: 12.6k (I had 17k buffed)
Armour: 14k
Dodge: 24.9%
Parry: 16.73%
Block: 15.79%
Def: 496
Spell Dam: 315
Kinrain

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:25 am

low armor and health, the bear trash will murder you, sorry :(

Pop ironshields to make it a bit easier to stay alive when you are going with that gear. Also consider doing eagle instead, once the gauntlet is down and everyone learns to collapse on the tank (or near him) he is a free kill. Think Maiden (damage intake about same also) with noone being allowed to missed a repentance cleanse.
Seloei

Postby rabbel » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:45 am

Humm. Eagle before bear? Well, I never saw a group downing the eagle and dying to the bear, but the other way 'round its perfectly possible. Don't know, we usually don't have any problems on the bear, and next to no problems on the lynx, but that goddamn sonofabitch-parrot still kicks our asses hard from time to time, even if we don't make the slightest mistake. He is just random, sometimes he casts that storm before the cooldown wears off, sometime he decides to fire two chain lightnings into the collapsed group before storming one of the few survivors. Oh, and did I mention the clothies biting the dust after getting a Gust of Wind and 2-3 of his "bruddahs" in approximately 0,04 seconds? And thats just frustrating...
Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is more difficult than Halazzi, who just hurts, but he is without a doubt more difficult than the bear from a movement, a healing and a predictability point of view, he just doesn't has the punch Nalorakk has in his bear form. I won't suggest anyone to try that guy before downing Nalorakk. If you can't bring Teddy down, gear up and come back, but when he kills you, I'd say you will have a very, very hard time on the eagle.
rabbel

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman