Remove Advertisements

No tankadin gloves in SWP?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

No tankadin gloves in SWP?

Postby Katamai » Thu May 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Borderland Fortress Grips dropped tonight and while i could have gotten them, i passed for a warrior thinking they're not worth loss in threat until i realized there are NO prot paladin gloves in any of the boss loot tables.

Is this a joke? Holy paladins get both crafted gloves and the ones from M'uru yet we get none?

So now next to having to tanking weapon, cloak, ring or trinket in SWP (the ones in game are a bit more useful than gear with str), we don't even get our gloves?

According to my calendar, it's not 1st of April :/
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Katamai » Thu May 29, 2008 4:51 pm

The usual Blizzard shit then :D

God i wish i could be alone in a room with those retards and a nice baseball bat... i bet our itemization would be fixed rather quickly after some "persuasion".

Morons...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Lore » Thu May 29, 2008 5:24 pm

Uhh

Expertise is the best threat stat for a Sunwell paladin. So the cloak is awesome. The ring off M'uru is pretty solid also.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Thu May 29, 2008 8:58 pm

Lore wrote:Uhh

Expertise is the best threat stat for a Sunwell paladin. So the cloak is awesome. The ring off M'uru is pretty solid also.

This, too. The three expertise pieces are pretty awesome... spell damage doesn't really increase in sunwell, so it's about the best way to boost threat further.

Probably a better way to put this is that expertise is actually a better way to increase the effectiveness of your existing spell damage, compared to just... more spell damage.

edit: Also, see http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... php?t=3678
Lucit

Postby Katamai » Fri May 30, 2008 1:42 am

Theorycraft was never my strongest side but i don't see how a stat that boosts only Seal threat is better than a stat that affects Seals, judgments, consecration, AS and exorcism.

And Lucit, here's a quote from that thread:

In summary, taken solely in terms of threat, most Tankadins should prioritize threat stats in the following order:

spell damage > expertise rating >>>>> spell hit rating > hit rating

And another one:

In general however, I would conclude that most Tankadins are actually best off ignoring all threat stats except for spell damage. If you happen to pick up the others that's fine, but I wouldn't go out of your way for them.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri May 30, 2008 6:34 am

reading is apparently not your strong suit either.

Dorvan wrote:
Expertise rating -- reduces the chance for our melee attacks to be dodged/parried, having similar effects on our threat to hit rating. Does not affect AS/RD, but does reduce incoming damage slightly due to fewer parries.

Expertise rating: Here the same assumptions will be used as with hit rating.

1 expertise is -.25% dodge/parry (.5% combined), which provides a .35*(.005/(1-.27)) ~= .24% increase in threat generation. 3.94 expertise rating = 1 expertise, so each point of expertise rating provides a ~.061% threat increase. In other words, 1 expertise rating = 1 spell damage at about 825 tps
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Katamai » Fri May 30, 2008 6:41 am

QuantumDelta wrote:reading is apparently not your strong suit either.

Oh really? I guess your superior reading skills failed to notice the quotes i posted?

Get off your high horse QD.

Here it is again just for you:

Dorvan wrote:In general however, I would conclude that most Tankadins are actually best off ignoring all threat stats except for spell damage. If you happen to pick up the others that's fine, but I wouldn't go out of your way for them.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri May 30, 2008 6:44 am

You only quoted that because it supported your WAHHHH as usual.

The very last sentence in the quote is the only important thing pertaining to the whole subject you opened up, in the thread, bar Lores and Lucits posts.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Katamai » Fri May 30, 2008 6:47 am

QuantumDelta wrote:You only quoted that because it supported your WAHHHH as usual.

The very last sentence in the quote is the only important thing pertaining to the whole subject you opened up, in the thread, bar Lores' and Lucits' posts.

That is the conclusion of the thread you use to support your claim and now it's wrong when it's against what you?

Make up your mind already ;)
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Lore » Fri May 30, 2008 6:55 am

K.

Katamai, expertise becomes better than spell damage once you pass 825 sustained TPS, like QD said. Read the thread Lucit linked if you need more proof. The quotes you posted are indeed correct, as most tankadins don't sustain 825 TPS. Once you do, however, expertise's scaling makes it a better threat stat.

That said, in light of the childishness in this thread, I'm closing it down.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to Sunwell Plateau