Remove Advertisements

Taunt on Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tarali » Mon May 19, 2008 3:00 am

Did anyone notice, that Righteous Defense is now also castable on mobs without using a macro. Read about it on wowhead.com, tested, and found the following:

- you can taunt players, which will get you up to three mobs they have aggro from

- you can taunt mobs, that target players, which will get you up to three mobs, targeting the same player as the mob your taunting

- you can taunt NPCs, which will get you up to three mobs aggroing that NPC

- you can NOT taunt Mobs that target NPCs (which would have been nice for Sathrovarr)

- not tested: taunting mobs, that have no target
Tarali

Postby Worldie » Mon May 19, 2008 10:51 am

Seen and noticed by almost every paladin that reads this board.

For the last one, if you use on a mob that's targetting nothing it doesn't even use the skill.
They just made it work that if you target a hostile being, it will automatically be casted on the target's target unless it's a NPC.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby submerged » Thu May 29, 2008 10:13 am

The first time I tanked the fight I had problems holding the Demon off of the human form from time to time as well, especially if I was the first one to be ported down. I was talking it over with the other 2 tanks that do the fight with me and they were having problems with it as well lately, not really sure why.

I tanked it last night fine though, just start your rotation before taunting, and right after taunting use burst threat moves like Exorcism and Judgment, after you get the initial lead it seems like once you fall into the cycle it doesn't normally get pulled off, and even if it does if you hold it long enough for your taunt to be back off cool down it's not that big of an issue. I normally save my wings for the demon as well, since the other tanks normally have enough threat built up on the dragon that holding him isn't really an issue. One thing I have had problems with is taunt resists on the demon, I definitely need to get my hit rating up...
submerged

Postby Katamai » Thu May 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Either i fail horribly or something is wrong with Sathovar...

JoCr, consecration, HS up, after he fired CS, i did AW then casted RD, Exo, JoR... 4 sec later he was on human Kalec again.

Anyone got any ideas? :/

(PS yes, i had RF up <_<)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Splug » Thu May 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Sometimes, I feel like Kalecgos taunts. I'll taunt off the other tank (thus inheriting his threat lead if he has one), be cruising right along, taunt will finish (meaning I'm still ahead on threat), and then 3-4 seconds later Sathrovarr will turn back to Kalecgos. Then there are other runs where I'll taunt Sathrovarr, run a threat cycle, and realize all my healers are leaving the spectral realm in 5 seconds... so I cut everything, and Sathrovarr stays on me for a good 10 seconds. I wonder if Kalecgos has an ability that applies additional threat or something, which gets used on a 15 second cooldown or something.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu May 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Kalec uses some silly rank of heroic strike.
It works to your advantage if you can work out roughly where your threat-generation-cycle lets Sathrovar back on Kalec every 12-13 seconds you can let him eat all the corrupting strikes and otherwise tank him yourself.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Katamai » Thu May 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Splug wrote:Sometimes, I feel like Kalecgos taunts. I'll taunt off the other tank (thus inheriting his threat lead if he has one), be cruising right along, taunt will finish (meaning I'm still ahead on threat), and then 3-4 seconds later Sathrovarr will turn back to Kalecgos. Then there are other runs where I'll taunt Sathrovarr, run a threat cycle, and realize all my healers are leaving the spectral realm in 5 seconds... so I cut everything, and Sathrovarr stays on me for a good 10 seconds. I wonder if Kalecgos has an ability that applies additional threat or something, which gets used on a 15 second cooldown or something.

-Splug

Couldn't have put it better... something is just odd. I mean i don't lose aggro when i tank Kalec when he's enraged and everyone's nuking their ass off, yet i lose aggro on a demon to an NPC :/
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu May 29, 2008 1:19 pm

QuantumDelta

Kalecgos indeed taunts.

Postby Lorenai » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi,
Kalecgos indeed taunts the demon every 8 or 10 seconds. If you taunt just before he taunts, you will never get to tank the demon, unless you do some insane amount of threat. He taunts just after the demon does Corrupting Strike. Also, taunting before you hit him is not a good idea. I used to have the same problem, I could not get him on me no matter what I did, so I made some changes and now I have no trouble to hold threat.

Basically I come in, hit the demon, and consecrate under him, then watch few seconds for the corrupting strike, once he does it and gets back to Kalecgos, I taunt, judgement, exorcism and consecrate again. Since then a normal rotation and every time Kalecgos taunts from me, I taunt back. By the end of the 40 seconds I have such a high threat he cannot even taunt him off me.

It also seems that both on Kalecgos and demon, the taunting tank takes over the threat of the taunted tank. So if you come in on second rotation, make sure you taunt the demon from the tank before you, not from Kalecgos human, because in my experience you get instantly more threat. Usually but the 2nd round there are no problems at all of the human Kalecgos tanking at all.

-Lorenai (0/40/21 - member of Worldie fanclub)
Lorenai

Postby Tekkel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:31 am

I had some issues with losing aggro the one try and keeping the demon on me the whole next try. All in all the taunt resists cause the most pita. Up to 7% hit now so shouldn't get too much.

I always go into the first portal unless the 3rd portal tank gets ported himself. However I only have 1 MT healer and 1 crosshealer with me and their group. I've been going for a FAP+moroes+seed and tank it for the time with only 1 real healer on me but it goes close every try. Dropping to 2k hp is not unusual.

I've been slapping them around since the first evening where I got flash healed and it goes a bit better but they're still not going full max rank either it seems. I take it pre radiance 59% avoidance and 600 BV with judgement in should be enough :)

Other tanks have the same issues though and we keep dieing due to lack of healing on tanks with 9 healers of which 4 are on the tanks, 4 on cross and 1 floater. It seems to be mostly when there's only MT 1 healer left for a tank that we die.
Tekkel

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 am

.....Why do people make the demon out to be more complex than it is?

Basic ground rules:

Kalecgos:

Kalecgos does ~1200 constant TPS (*Assumes he hits every time - doesn't happen, he has 5% miss and no expertise, so this number fluctuates a lot).
Kalecgos does not taunt.
Kalecgos has an aura that restores mana and health to the people around him, the 1200 TPS takes this into account.

Sathrovaar:

Has a 13 second cooldown(not timer) ability that stuns and does massive damage, and does significantly more damage on Kalec than yourself per swing.
He also targets other people to cast shadowbolts and curses.
Righteous Defence and all other taunts works fine on Sathrovaar no matter who he is targeting unless you have a weird macro.
If you taunt Sathrovaar whilst he is targeting another raid member you will gain that raid members threat, not 100% of the highest threat-owners threat, if that raid members threat is more than 90~% lower than Kalec's you will not retain agro.

The fight is as simple as that for tanks.
QuantumDelta

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau