Remove Advertisements

Next BoJ upgrade

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Next BoJ upgrade

Postby Lord_Paladin » Wed May 21, 2008 2:29 pm

So, I just spent my 75 badges and got the BP of the Stoic Guardian and that made a HUGE difference in my game. After tonight's kara run, I'll have almost 30 badges for my next upgrade...

So looking at my stuff, I'm not sure which I should get. A lot of people have the badge cape, but I lose a lot of stuff if I change mine (I have the devilshark). Also, comparing the badge bracers with my Green Fortress ones, I lose avoidance for a gem slot and a little more armor and some HP.

So I'm wondering... what's the next (badge purchase) upgrade that I should aim for?
Lord_Paladin

Postby Erendis » Wed May 21, 2008 3:54 pm

I'm a big fan of [item=34946]Inscribed Legplates of the Aldor[/item]. It is 100 badges but well worth it.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Lord_Paladin » Sun May 25, 2008 1:04 am

O.o

I plan to get those eventually, but should I purchase anything in the mean time?
Lord_Paladin

Postby Aloette » Sun May 25, 2008 7:13 am

Do NOT Post Threads Like This:
- "Is my gear good enough?"
- "Am I ready for ________?"
- "Rate my gear!"
- "Am I Uncrushable?"
- "What badge gear should I get?"
Questions along these lines should go in the Gear Check sticky, located here: http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... php?t=7896

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... order.html
Aloette

Postby Lord_Paladin » Mon May 26, 2008 2:17 am

I read that, and I agree with a lot of it... but I'm torn between what I need more. The ring (what, 60 badgs? the 2.4 one) or the cloak to replace my devilshark. I feel like the cloak is an upgrade, but I'm not sure if it's my most pressing one. I could also save up for the 60 badge boots, but while that would boost my HP up nice, I'm missing out on 38 dodge rating, and thats not something I want to lose currently. I could probably make up the uncrushibability, but it would probably be with block rating, and right now i'm sitting on a cool 49% unbuffed avoidance.

Now that I no longer have the set bonus from my Righteous Armor, I feel like I should change those out, but we've been having problems dropping netherspite and I don't see any intermediate shoulders. I really only have Kara, ZA, and badge gear access.
Lord_Paladin

Postby Marker » Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 am

Lord_Paladin wrote:I read that, and I agree with a lot of it... but I'm torn between what I need more. The ring (what, 60 badgs? the 2.4 one) or the cloak to replace my devilshark. I feel like the cloak is an upgrade, but I'm not sure if it's my most pressing one. I could also save up for the 60 badge boots, but while that would boost my HP up nice, I'm missing out on 38 dodge rating, and thats not something I want to lose currently. I could probably make up the uncrushibability, but it would probably be with block rating, and right now i'm sitting on a cool 49% unbuffed avoidance.

Now that I no longer have the set bonus from my Righteous Armor, I feel like I should change those out, but we've been having problems dropping netherspite and I don't see any intermediate shoulders. I really only have Kara, ZA, and badge gear access.

If you're doing ZA, get the Pauldrons of Stone Resolve

I'm hoping the 3.5% block chance they provide will give me some more flexibility to shift my gear around while staying uncrushable, which is currently a too fine balance.
Marker

Postby Eaglestrike » Wed May 28, 2008 12:36 am

Marker wrote:
Lord_Paladin wrote:I read that, and I agree with a lot of it... but I'm torn between what I need more. The ring (what, 60 badgs? the 2.4 one) or the cloak to replace my devilshark. I feel like the cloak is an upgrade, but I'm not sure if it's my most pressing one. I could also save up for the 60 badge boots, but while that would boost my HP up nice, I'm missing out on 38 dodge rating, and thats not something I want to lose currently. I could probably make up the uncrushibability, but it would probably be with block rating, and right now i'm sitting on a cool 49% unbuffed avoidance.

If you're doing ZA, get the Pauldrons of Stone Resolve

I'm hoping the 3.5% block chance they provide will give me some more flexibility to shift my gear around while staying uncrushable, which is currently a too fine balance.

Those shoulders did wonders for me. Was able to safely move to using the other badge libram (for SoR/JoR) and won't mind putting stam gems into my Legplates of the Aldor (currently have some heroic gems as placeholders which give avoidance).

I actually recommend the Legplates of the Aldor for the OP's next upgrade. I'm a big fan of getting the tough stuff done first here. Eventually you may get a little sick of heroic whoring, but by that point it's only a few heroics per upgrade and a lot easier to stick with it. Get the 2.4 ring next, you won't be replacing it for a long time, many other badge gear have similar gear that drop from Kara/ZA, if not better (though mostly the "better" gear is in ZA, like the ZA boots which I think are better than any badge boots)
Eaglestrike

Postby roosevelt » Wed May 28, 2008 12:37 am

I used spaulders of dementia from heroic sethekk, and s2 shoulders before converting them to my resist set shoulders.
roosevelt

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice