Remove Advertisements

Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 am

I have 300 FR (with Aura). Does work good, also no problems with Mana (I chuck 1-2 potions). Good thing is, you can tank 2 easy with one healer if you have DPS problems.

I made a small makro for the adds, something like:

/targetexact (Whatever the Name of the Elementals is)
/cast Exorcism

I just spam that when the Boss-Mod tells me. Works very good.
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby Byzant » Tue May 13, 2008 5:23 am

How do you avoid not doing Exorcism on the ones u are alrdy tanking? Ur tanking 2 at a time right?

Anyway, epicfail yesterday, I was tanking 3 and died. Even tanking 2 and having to move to pick up the 3rd almost killed me and ofc according to the guild this is a paladin problem. Sigh wrists crai.
User avatar
Byzant
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: Kazzak EU

Postby jere » Tue May 13, 2008 5:39 am

Byzant wrote:Does the targeting macro work if you have live infernals around when pulling the new one? If not is there a solution to this?


Well, I use a fairly convoluted macro to get around the problem of targetting dead infernals and the problem you mentioned (more than one up):

Code: Select all
/target player
/targetexact Anetheron
/targetenemy
/targetexact Anetheron
/targetlasttarget
/cast Exorcism


It basically uses the "tab target" mechanism to target the mob ( /targetenemy ), so it never picks up dead ones and I can use my current positioning to ensure I get the new mob.

Basically, we assign locations for everyone (so I have do some memorization). For example, all hunters and warlocks are behind me, and each healer is in a specific location. So when I see the name on the screen of who it is going to be, I rotate my screen in that direction and mash this macro. It works if there is another as long as I remember to maneuver my turning so that the current one gets put behind me (since my tab targetting will go after targets in front of me).

I won't claim 100% perfection on it, but so far I have never failed in the event I had to pick up a second infernal using this macro, though honestly, if that happens, your dps is really behind.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Heironeous » Tue May 13, 2008 6:01 am

We're using hunter MDs to pull the things over. But that's if my current isn't dead. I keep a destro-lock and a frost mage just killing those things off while I tank em. In their down time they actually hit the boss. But what's down time?
Image

Image
And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
User avatar
Heironeous
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:42 am

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue May 13, 2008 6:11 am

Byzant wrote:How do you avoid not doing Exorcism on the ones u are alrdy tanking? Ur tanking 2 at a time right?

Anyway, epicfail yesterday, I was tanking 3 and died. Even tanking 2 and having to move to pick up the 3rd almost killed me and ofc according to the guild this is a paladin problem. Sigh wrists crai.


Well, I usually do it like this. When we are at about 30% I'll call ranged to go and kill the boss (4-5 usually kill my Add).

The next one spawns und of course I can not use my nifty little macro. This one I have to click/tab and cast exorcism.

Or I just yell in TS: Ranged, go and kill the Boss. Hunters, next one I'll need MD. Every Hunter tries this, do not skrew this up!
Sarkan-ZdC
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 am

Postby Achtung » Tue May 27, 2008 4:51 pm

I'll be tanking the adds for our progression within the next week.

Is it important to be as close to def capped as possible, or would it be better to grab as much FR and stam instead? I was going to use high def gear to boost that up as much as possible, but I feel like I'll be losing too much HP (over 100 from trinkets alone).

So basicially, which is better for the infernals: higher FR and stam but crittable, or a little lower FR and stam, but closer to being uncrittable?
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:19 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Seloei » Wed May 28, 2008 12:45 am

First time we went to hyjal and i was assigned to infernals, i went in with 13k health and fire res cap and forgot about crits. The crits didn't hurt that much as the fire debuff he has but they did cause some relatively big spike damage.
Fire cap -> Stamina -> Resilience(or defense) for crit immune.

The harder part is picking him up and having him nuked down fast enough before the next one pops if you don't have enough ranged dps on him.
Image
Seloei
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:24 am
Location: Estonia

Postby mazater » Wed May 28, 2008 1:05 am

I've never understood the fire ress gear people bring to Anetheron, really.

I can tank 2 of the infernals just fine with only fire ress aura and with a shaman healbotting me. I've also once tanked 3 of 'em at a time when our DPS'ers failed totally :/

But then again, bringing fire ress gear might give your healer time to wank off :roll:
User avatar
mazater
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:40 am
Location: Winland

Postby ehly » Thu May 29, 2008 2:05 pm

I have a set of 'all' resist gear I often carry around for just for any purpose. In this fight sine I started wearing it + exorcism grabs, I am nearly always the infernal tank now. With the aura and it, WWS shows I resist an average of 35-40% of all the total damage. So the one healer we us on the infernal tank can keep up without much issue.
User avatar
ehly
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Kael'thas- US

Postby Frickit » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:15 am

First venture into hyjal tonight.
I have a choice of getting my epic flyer finally or buying up all the fire resist badge pieces.
I really dont want to waste my badges right now if I dont have to...if it is possible to do anetheron without fr that is my preference.

Considering I have ~20k+ buffed hp and healers with 2k+hb do I really need the resistance? Should I get one piece or would that be pointless? Or should I just bite the bullet and get everything I can for damage reduction?

im leaning toward getting just one piece of the fr gear and seeing how it goes...
Image
Frickit
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:34 pm

Postby jere » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:46 am

It can be done without FR gear (my first night of attempts was without any FR gear). FR gear just makes it easier on the healers. It usually isn't make or break on this fight.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Arcand » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 am

jere wrote:It can be done without FR gear (my first night of attempts was without any FR gear). FR gear just makes it easier on the healers. It usually isn't make or break on this fight.


Thing is, I do the infernals with 367 fire resistance, and I have no mana problems which means I'm getting barbequed pretty good. That's why I'm nervous about reducing the resistance.

Also, when Anetheron starts getting low, we stop killing the infernals and I just hold them while we're burning the boss...I've never had to hold three but it'll happen one day and then I suspect I'll be glad for the beefy fire resistance.

(To whoever asked, they're called Towering Infernal.)
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby jere » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:02 am

Arcand wrote:
jere wrote:It can be done without FR gear (my first night of attempts was without any FR gear). FR gear just makes it easier on the healers. It usually isn't make or break on this fight.


Thing is, I do the infernals with 367 fire resistance, and I have no mana problems which means I'm getting barbequed pretty good. That's why I'm nervous about reducing the resistance.

Also, when Anetheron starts getting low, we stop killing the infernals and I just hold them while we're burning the boss...I've never had to hold three but it'll happen one day and then I suspect I'll be glad for the beefy fire resistance.

(To whoever asked, they're called Towering Infernal.)


I am a big advocate of FR gear on this fight. However, I have done it without, so I was answering his question honestly. I don't think that progression should be stopped over FR gear for this fight. It makes it easier, and he should get it, but it isn't 100% necessary.

However, if the problem they have on progression is keeping him up, then he needs the FR gear hands down.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby Arcand » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:05 am

jere wrote:I am a big advocate of FR gear on this fight. However, I have done it without, so I was answering his question honestly.


How many healers on you when you did it without FR? They give me a priest and our best holy paladin - I'm not sure how hard they're working, there might only be two in case they both get Swarmed. When I'm holding two infernals my health bounces between about 60% and max.
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby jere » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:04 am

Arcand wrote:
jere wrote:I am a big advocate of FR gear on this fight. However, I have done it without, so I was answering his question honestly.


How many healers on you when you did it without FR? They give me a priest and our best holy paladin - I'm not sure how hard they're working, there might only be two in case they both get Swarmed. When I'm holding two infernals my health bounces between about 60% and max.


I got one dedicated healer (a priest) and if I was lucky, the healer for the infernal killing crew (mages and hunters usually) tossed me the occasional heal. The rest of the healers were spaced around the MT from different directions.

I don't recall them ever dying unless they got targetted with an infernal and just stood there and ate the ticks, but that was pretty rare.

I won't say it was pretty, but it was very doable. Again, I suggest FR gear for this if at all possible.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests