void reaver bugged?

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

void reaver bugged?

Postby Daromire » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:52 pm

Very close stats to the warriors ect... so i take about the same dmg as them, but this reset when trying our luck at him when ever i would take aggro almost every arcane orb came straight to me causing me to take tons of dmg and inevitably wiping the raid because healers were going oom ect...

Anyone know what might cause this or have this happen to them or have suggestions?
Daromire
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:12 pm

K -- Repeat after me:

"I AM NOT TAKING A SINGLE ORB"

Repeat this 10 times.

You are not taking a single orb.

Bigwigs / Deadly Boss Mods has a mental issue with paladin tanks. IGNORE the warnings and stand your ground. The only way you're taking massive damage to this giant pansy is if you're turning your back to him.

So, repeat it again:

"I AM NOT TAKING A SINGLE ORB"

PS: You're not getting orbed :D
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Mortehl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:18 pm

PS we killed him tonight and for 80% of the fight he was on me. I had that much of a threat lead and survived that many knockbacks :D
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Buttertoast » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:49 pm

HEALER CLASS HAS AGGRO!
HEALER CLASS HAS AGGRO!
HEALER CLASS HAS AGGRO!

it creates no end of amusement for me. quite lot of people were freaking out and running away from me when i got aggro the first time.
Buttertoast

Postby Daromire » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:29 pm

why am I taking so much more damage than the 3 warriors then when they are tanking? its not even big wigs or deadly mobs i'm talking about either, i watch the orbs hit me... and fly around me... I keep holy shield rank 1 up so i can't possibly be getting crushed over and over...
Daromire
Maintankadonor

Postby Ownopotamus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:50 am

You should be able to use holy shield (max rank) this fight with no problems.

VR is not bugged and if you were taking orbs so would the rest of the melee around you to be honest...it's aoe.

Not sure what your stats are but warriors typically a bit higher...but that being said I don't take a lot of damage at all on this fight.
Ownopotamus

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:57 am

Daromire wrote:why am I taking so much more damage than the 3 warriors then when they are tanking? its not even big wigs or deadly mobs i'm talking about either, i watch the orbs hit me... and fly around me... I keep holy shield rank 1 up so i can't possibly be getting crushed over and over...

Are you getting silenced?

If not, you're not getting hit by orbs.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby jere » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:26 am

Can you post your armory profile for us?
jere

Postby Okita » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:37 am

You are taking orbs in melee range? Like others have said if you aren't getting silenced then you aren't the problem. You have to make sure all the melee are on him and there aren't no range that is close, since the orb hits for a 20 yard radius. Disable your announce/chat bubble so you don't get that "Orb on me" say. I know I annoyed many when I was tanking Void Reaver and it would keep saying that.
Okita

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:36 am

Daromire wrote:why am I taking so much more damage than the 3 warriors then when they are tanking? its not even big wigs or deadly mobs i'm talking about either, i watch the orbs hit me... and fly around me... I keep holy shield rank 1 up so i can't possibly be getting crushed over and over...

The orbs simply don't target folks in melee range, you should only be getting hit by the pounding and VR himself. VR will target a ranged player briefly before he casts an orb at their position, a lot of boss addons track that and if the class of a person targetted by VR is a ranged class then it spams the warning messages. The addons are written under the assumption that pallys are ranged healers, when a pally gets targetted the warning messages get displayed, whether he's in melee range or not.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Daromire » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:36 am

here is my armory... please this is killing me i gotta figure something out soon hehe. No I'm not getting silenced so that does single out the orbs and yes i can keep max rank holy shield up when i do have aggro.. but while i don't i keep rank 1 up incase i take unexpected aggro after a knock back or something, that way i'm not accidentally crushed. Maybe our too many of our healers aren't moving in time and are getting silenced and don't wanna fess up to it?

armory...

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... n=Daromire

very close as far ac ac and avoidance to our warriors, obviously a bit lower on hp, but i still have the same hp as our most undergeared warrior on void reaver and he isn't taking the same dmg as me...
Daromire
Maintankadonor

Postby Ownopotamus » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:53 am

Link the warrior's armory too please.

You aren't taking orbs and you gear looks fine for VR....sounds like a healing problem to me. Keep in mind your HP pool is probably 1k less than said warrior so that could be why you seem harder to heal...although I doubt it.
Ownopotamus

Postby Daromire » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:41 pm

Armories for all 3 warrior tanks also used for VR as requested...
The same tanks are used every attempt also.

Most geared: Cypresstyr
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... Cypresstyr

2nd most geared: Koltoth
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... &n=Koltoth

least geared even more than me i think: Narya
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... ar&n=Narya

Some of those guys may not be logged in tanking gear, I know Koltoth wasn't in full tank gear when I linked his armory. But his gear is very comparable to Cypresstyr's.
Daromire
Maintankadonor

Postby Ownopotamus » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:07 am

Daromire wrote:least geared even more than me i think: Narya
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... ar&n=Narya

Ok if she can tank it then so can you.

Tell you healers to stop sucking.
Ownopotamus

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:48 am

Just a thought... are you dying right after a knockback? If so, make sure there is a healer directly behind you so that you get a heal before you get back in range of the other healers.
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Next

Return to Tempest Keep