Remove Advertisements

Required Stats for Heroic and Karazhan?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Required Stats for Heroic and Karazhan?

Postby Brandiss » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:22 am

I've read the stickies, but I am sort of missing other infos for Kara and a few selected heroic instances.
Speaking more of how much spelldmg a tankadin if he/she would need, leaving out the 490def/102.4% avoidance thing.

For a roughe example, I'm able to have around 524def but ~181spelldmg and it is a pain to keep the people with Blessing of Salvation. Definately too much def, but I don't know where to find the softspot. The moment I changed something on the gear setup, I was being whacked like by mobs in heroic-mech.

How much def/spelldmg should a maintankadin have for heroics and kara?

Other than that, I still have to prove myself worthy for kara, so I wonder just how much spelldmg-value would be the minimal requirement be for that instance. Hope my questioning wasn't too confusing :)
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Brandiss

Postby Cames » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:30 am

You should be fine with 180ish spell damage. Just remember to use some holy damage on pulling (don't body pull). Get a JoR off ASAP. After that between consecrate/Holy Shield they should not be pulling aggro. The only time I have a problem is with an Enhancement Shammy, as they have no aggro mitigation and do actual dps (unlike say a Ret Pally).

Try to balance too much defense. It makes you get hit less. I tend to use ring/neck pieces as my spell damage pieces. There are lots of them out there with reasonable +sta.
What is not dead can eternal lie;
In strange aeons, even death may die.
Cames

Postby Calindae » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:50 pm

With those stats you should be good for heroics, though I'm not sure how high your hp is. I'd drop some of the defense for other avoidance such as dodge, as it's a better value. As for threat, you're fine, especially for Kara since almost everything is Undead/Demon. As for the rest of Kara, you don't need uncrushability right away, but you'll definitely need it for the later bosses, so get to 102.4 asap.
Calindae

Postby Brandiss » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 pm

Ah okay, I forgot the fact of Kara and undead mobs.
Have quite a bunch of stuff to use at my disposal. Base 9k hp is not much but
it is possible to put on hp stuff like the time-whatever leggings and rings with 40some stam on it.

Thanks for the advice
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Brandiss

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:50 pm

Highly recommend buffing stam. 9k is a little low imo; you should be able to get into the mid 11k with easily obtainable pre-heroic gear, gems, and enchants.

I personally don't bother using cheap gems. It's only gold ... ^_^
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Daedallus » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:15 pm

i regulary run around with just a crystalforged sword and righteous spaulders for my spell dmg, and i still get people going WTF nerf paladin threat!!.

As has been said many times on these and other boards, one or two people dieing to too much threat is thier fault, the entire raid agroing because you are not putting out enough threat is your fault. don't let one overzealous mage/hunter/warlock make you think your doing something wrong.

other than that, buffing your hps is the most visable way to "prove" yourself in kara, most people don't understand defense, crushing blows or anthing like that, but they can look at your hps, or notice you dieing.
Daedallus

Return to Basic Training & Talents