Remove Advertisements

So if Aoe grinding is not possible, what will u do in WoTLK

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

So if Aoe grinding is not possible, what will u do in WoTLK

Postby Zerosignal » Mon May 26, 2008 1:24 am

question is all about what you will do when the expansion comes out. just want to get the general feel of how people are approaching this coming expansion and what they are doing to repair for it. I know some people will make death knights and forget about our little consecrate characters, but if you think your taking your pally to 80, there are a few questions im sure myself and others are wondering.

to fellow my tankadins, how will you level? spec ret? or stay prot to tank instances as your leveling?

whatever the path you choose, what kind of gear are you farming? Ret dps gear? shockadin gear?

Myself, because i am alliance and we lack SoBlood, im thinking im going to stay prot, farm up shockadin gear and use SoR/JoR to level to 80. I am still torn tho because i always pick up 2-3 points of reckoning, would ret gear be better suited for me ? any suggestions would be much appreciated =D
Zerosignal

Postby ulushnar » Mon May 26, 2008 1:31 am

I levelled as prot and this side of a lobotomy I will continue to do so. If aoe grinding is somehow impossible then I'll level taking my friends on tours of the various dungeons.

Boring question imo.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Re: So if Aoe grinding is not possible, what will u do in Wo

Postby Aranbenjo » Mon May 26, 2008 1:32 am

Zerosignal wrote:question is all about what you will do when the expansion comes out. just want to get the general feel of how people are approaching this coming expansion and what they are doing to repair for it. I know some people will make death knights and forget about our little consecrate characters, but if you think your taking your pally to 80, there are a few questions im sure myself and others are wondering.

to fellow my tankadins, how will you level? spec ret? or stay prot to tank instances as your leveling?

whatever the path you choose, what kind of gear are you farming? Ret dps gear? shockadin gear?

Myself, because i am alliance and we lack SoBlood, im thinking im going to stay prot, farm up shockadin gear and use SoR/JoR to level to 80. I am still torn tho because i always pick up 2-3 points of reckoning, would ret gear be better suited for me ? any suggestions would be much appreciated =D

i'll join my fellow frost mage ... :)
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby Taeron » Mon May 26, 2008 1:52 am

If AoE grinding isn't possible (for some odd reason) in WotLK then I'll go out, beat up a random kid and level as protection. It's all about balance in the universe.

I do expect to have some awesomely painful mobs to kill as protection (much like Voidshriekers in Netherstorm for example), but if they'll be too frustrating I'll just ask a friend along.

Protection will help me dominate in dungeon (where I expect most of the leveling will be done, saving quests for lvl80 for maximum cash output) and it'll be easier to just gather defense and healing gear, sharding everything else to sponsor my enchanting.
Taeron

Postby Seloei » Mon May 26, 2008 2:16 am

makes you wonder if the t5/6 people will be forced to get dungeon blues to swap out their epix early on, or at near 80 :P
If aoe grinding is impossible, do instances until you drop. Or aoe grind BM (never farmed). Theres dozens of things to do but the easiest (and most fun way imho) is to hit the new dungeons and blast your way to 80 in style, with picking up decent stuff to start raiding asap :P
Seloei

Hmmmmm

Postby ldeboer » Mon May 26, 2008 2:19 am

I think I will sell sexual favours to someone in the guild to run with me :)

Failing that I will do the slash my wrist grind I did from 60-70 as prot.
ldeboer

Postby Fivelives » Mon May 26, 2008 5:50 am

I'll cry.

Then after that, I'll pitch a tent in the instances and start a campfire - gonna be there for awhile.
Fivelives

Postby guillex » Mon May 26, 2008 5:59 am

What else is there to do? You could spec ret, or you could learn the instances from the very first day... Which is what most, if not all, of us will be doing.

I agree with Ulu. Boring question. :(
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lieris » Mon May 26, 2008 6:00 am

I will spec ret.

AOE grinding is boring.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Mon May 26, 2008 6:03 am

Guillex wrote:What else is there to do? You could spec ret, or you could learn the instances from the very first day... Which is what most, if not all, of us will be doing.

With my Hunter I practically lived in Hellfire Citadel for the first week of TBC launch. By the end of it, my pet was tanking groups of friends through it.

Now that I'm going into WotLK launch with a well-geared tank, I'll probably do the first zone quests, then just instance the rest of the way to 80 as a tank for mates.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Mon May 26, 2008 6:08 am

Oh, and FYI, AoE grinding/questing should be possible. I doubt every mob in Northrend is a caster.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Mon May 26, 2008 8:23 am

Considering soon enough I'll have full BT ret gear, I'll probably just respec ret. It's also safer if they completely change the paladin tanking mechanic.
Elsie

Postby Zerosignal » Mon May 26, 2008 9:45 am

well i am curious, what ppl are gonna do when its an odd time in the day and you cant find a group for instances? On my server, 5 mans become impossible after midnight so i'd prolly have to go questing.

again i dont wanna respec ret, just really not my style. Am i one of the rare ones who actually think prot w/ shockadin gear(when i cant do 5mans / aoe grind) leveling is a halfway decent idea?
Zerosignal

Postby dmok » Mon May 26, 2008 9:53 am

when I can't find groups for instances, I'll be working on my professions. problem solved
dmok

Postby Kaelie » Mon May 26, 2008 9:59 am

When I can't find groups for instances, I'll be working on my mage.
Kaelie

Next

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice