Remove Advertisements

Flames of Azzinoth

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Averroes » Thu May 15, 2008 3:34 am

sanctifico wrote:
Averroes wrote:/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",30)

Max distance is 50yards as default now (since 2.3.2)

Have the MT call the beams i.e. EyeBeam - Sanctifico - Move out/Your safe/move In

Eh forgot he dd since the MT in my guild is annoying and people have him muted in vent along with me lol
Averroes

Postby Lieris » Fri May 23, 2008 12:19 pm

I joined a Sunwell guild this week and on my first try at flames tanking I did it perfectly! :D Then the MT died on P3 transition, we re-grouped and we killed my flame again for the kill. The perfect way to stamp my authority as a tank in a new guild and the barrage of complements did me no end of good. :)

Without all your posts and videos I don't if I could have done it so a big thank you to all who contributed.

... but the difficulty is totally overrated :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Skeezy » Sun May 25, 2008 1:16 pm

It's easy when you have no eye-beams, eye-beams can make things intresting, and having healers and dps in full T6 probably over-rode some mishaps?

Good job though, I'm still wiping on it so I have no room to talk, other tank can't seem to stay alive.

Distance macro is ftw also.
Skeezy

Postby Lieris » Sun May 25, 2008 7:02 pm

I did get some eye beams both times, the change in positioning needed is very subtle so it's no cause to panic. Just adjust slightly then return to your kite path when they've gone by, the blue flames are not a big damage spike it's just harder to see when the flame breaths.

I don't think there were any mishaps to compensate for, it was very controlled :) Being resist capped and crit immune means nothing other than eye beam can kill you really, everything else seems like steady (albeit relentless) damage that is easily healed.

Good luck with the kill, I wish I could have experienced it as a guild first kill but doing it so well so quickly makes it an easier pill for me to swallow.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Enkal » Tue May 27, 2008 1:38 am

Tried tanking flames the first time last night, took a few wipes to learn it but I think I got it covered after 5-6 wipes. We got illidan to 56% the last try of the night. I was so focused on moving that the first time I looked at my flames health (I tanked the 2nd to be killed) it was at 64% hehe

Made the alchemy trinket for it, helped alot with crit immune.

300 FR, 490 defense, 13.3k health unbuffed. About 20% dodge, 17% parry fully raid buffed.
Enkal

Postby Base » Tue May 27, 2008 6:51 am

What do you guys do before and after p2? I'm due to have my first night on these guys tonight and I guess the only thing we're good for in FR gear is going to be keeping up JoW with a 2h? Any other suggestions?

Also linked this pic in my guild forums:

And a visitor from a more progressed guild said that it shows the beams in the wrong place and that they cross over the warglaives... is he making it up or have things changed?
Base

Postby Enkal » Tue May 27, 2008 8:27 am

Yea the beams cross over the warglaives, got lazored last night because I thought I could move that way lol
Enkal

Postby Skeezy » Sat May 31, 2008 11:48 am

I was doing some research on this fight and according to WoWwiki:

Eye Blast: Illidan will sweep a fiery blue beam, emanating from his eyes, across the platform every 30 seconds. This deals around 19750-20250 fire damage on initial hit and spawns Demon Fire on the ground for 1 minute.
Demon fire: This is the blue fire trail left on ground by Eye Blast. It deals 2000 fire damage per second if you stand in it.

Blaze: The Flames will spawn a cloud of yellow flame on the ground under their current target, which deals 5000 fire damage (base) per second. Two different Blazes in the same location DO stack. This damage is mitigated by fire resistance

So does this mean that a blue flame by itself will actually do considerable less damage then a green? I always though it was the opposite.
Skeezy

Postby Worldie » Sat May 31, 2008 11:57 am

Correct, blue flames do less damage than green ones.

Standing in blue = possible
Standing in green = WRONG
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jappobra » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:21 pm

Did loads of tries last night. Did it with 7 healers, not ennough online at our very first night of tries.

But after a few learning whipes we made it to 27%... All healers near oom, so guess what it was a whipe. But still 27% with just 7 Healers :shock: Our DPS was pretty insane I guess :D

Tomorrow our first kill... Hope to have more of the healers online (Damn European Championship), still guess a few whipes on P2, but after that, it's a kill
Jappobra

Postby Janduin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:50 am

With 300 FR you are figuratively and literally playing with fire. Get 365, please.
Janduin

Postby Jappobra » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Well did not kill him. We had loads of DC's, an ppl not showing up.

The flames went fine, only 1 whipe due to a lagspike there.

Got him to 29%, but the 2 second stun killed our tank(not our regular MT, guess we know why) got killed very fast :(

Seeing that we cleared up to mother, and have 3 raid days left (too bad I can't be there tomorrow) he will go down this week :D

Glad our regular MT got two learning run with antoher guild *including drops* so I can pick up the shield/chest/helmet pretty fast :D
Jappobra

Postby Steve » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:48 am

The potential eye beam paths do cross right about where the blades are.

You can pretty much know exactly the path the eye beam will take based on Illidan's location. The eyebeam starts out on the outside of the kite path, crosses over the blade, and then ends up on the inside kite path near the grate.

So there are 3 completely safe locations for any given beam. Obviously the middle-outside is always safe as you can deviate further out from the typically used kiting path because of your close proximity to the blade. When it doubt you can always head there.

The other two safe spots will vary. The inside of the kiting path the closest to Illidan will be safe, and the outside kite path at the furthest from Illidan will also be safe. The issue then becomes timing of the beam with the Flame Crash/Blazes.

So, the beams looks sorta like O\ where O is the grate, \ is the beam, and the bottom of the beam is the starting point closest to Illidan. Or alternatively O/ where O is the grate and the top of the / is the start of the beam.

The only other piece of advice I can give is don't get beamed. Honestly it's better to die standing in Blaze where your raid still has a chance than to get beamed where it doesn't.
Steve

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 am

Atreidies wrote:I do similar to that, except assuming mine isn't dead, it's usually dead before i make my first trip back to the glaive since spawn, I head to the outside to drop flame patches so that melee can get on the flame on the 2nd return trip to the glaive, assuming eye beams or w/e unfortunate bind you may find yourself in.

Figure 8s for those, like me, that couldn't understand what I just typed. Keeps the flame always open to the melee at every point during the kite path assuming no eye beam trails.

I'm completely confused by that? some people agreed that what he had said was better to do. But i dont understand the figure 8 i really like the MS paint. make one with your kite path imo...

I just want to know becuase I'm making the warriors do it so I can have the joy of saying I Main tanked illidan :D
Lowgrus

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:16 am

Ossuary wrote:We always have someone calling out illidans current position so tanks are in full knowledge of where the next beam will start and its direction.

So I haven't watched video because I'm at work. I'm going to tank illidan but I want to make sure the flame tanks know what they are doing so I dont have them nubbing it up all night.

So I'm going to max distance on my camera/whatever and see where hes flying so say illidan is in the air on the west side. Does that mean he'll always have his eye beam make the same X shape on the ground on west side? Does it start out north west to south east/ or can it switch north east to south west?

I want to be fully aware of how to call things out. becuase obviously I can see where that would help. I know if I was tanking and if I heard eye beam LEFT SIDE COMING FROM NORTHEAST TO SOUTH WEST i'd certainly be very aware of where i was standing and such.

Get what I'm asking I'm trying to understand the pattern the X makes and where Illidan will be when he does it to particular side. I understand its an X but i need to know where it starts and ends.
Lowgrus

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple