Bear Run Speed Competition

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bear Run Speed Competition

Postby moduspwnens » Tue May 20, 2008 9:30 pm

Hi Tankadins! My guild recently decided to take two competing groups into ZA to race each other to be the first to clear the Lynx on the timer. I think our record is having eight minutes left, but I thought I'd post here and see if anyone has any secrets or ideas that would give my group an edge over the other.

We always go Eagle -> Bear -> DHawk -> Lynx, and the only thing abnormal we do is jump through the small huts by the Lynx trash to skip a few pulls.

Here's the group I'm working with:
Prot Paladin
Prot Warrior
Warlock
Warlock
Shadow Priest
Shadow Priest
Hunter
Resto Shaman
Resto Druid

Their group is:
Prot Warrior
Feral Druid
Enhancement Shaman
Enhancement Shaman
Elemental Shaman
Mage
Rogue
Hunter
Holy Paladin
Holy Paladin

I saw a few posts here, but none of them in this context. We're not simply trying to beat the timer, we're trying to beat the other team! We're overgeared and need to maximize the time left on the timer! Alright, so any ideas?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby moduspwnens » Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 pm

We didn't have much DPS sign up, so that explains why the classes are a little odd. They have extra Bloodlusts, we have dual shadow priests. They have a feral druid for DPS when not tanking, we have a prot paladin for AoEing trash. Anyway, assume group makeup was involuntary.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Panzerdin » Sat May 24, 2008 2:58 pm

I reckon having the full compliment of DPSers would help... Anyone is better than nobody, since you seem to be running a 9-man raid.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby ehly » Sat May 24, 2008 3:32 pm

Actually, I'd say you have quite the advantage. Prot pally aoeing tanking for eagle and lynx trash alone is a big bonus. In my experience warlocks are some of the highest dps, especially when tied toghter with shadow priests for the shadow debuffs and mana.

My ZA group is also working to get that timer as well. This weeks run we had a few errors on eagle trash that slowed us down, and missed it by ~1 min. I think we sorted that out though for next run. Am praying.

This last run we tried the waterwalking around the croc pat, and it was pure win. It alone almost made up the time we lost by our mistake in eagle trash.
ehly

Postby Amrahil » Sun May 25, 2008 5:55 am

ehly wrote:This last run we tried the waterwalking around the croc pat, and it was pure win. It alone almost made up the time we lost by our mistake in eagle trash.

Really? The one patrol consisting of 1 Beast Tamer & 2 Crocs, you mean?
They die so fast, I can't imagine using time to prep the raid with waterwalking buffs to avoid them saves any time at all.

Or are you refering to something else? Indulge me. :)

I've completed the bear run with around 7-8 minutes to spare on my alt tankadin, although we rarely get a full T6 DPS geared raid for these any more. Any tricks to shave of more time are worth hearing about.
Amrahil

Postby ehly » Sun May 25, 2008 12:58 pm

waterwalking potion from the fishing quest. nearly any fisherman is tons of them now.

Pop Potion, Just run straight out past. Right to the wall and into the kitties. The croc pat doesn't even aggro while fighting the cats if everyone is over.

Our group keeps missing the 4th chest by 1min or less, so any little change for us to save even an extra few secs adds up to a lot. Am praying for no mess ups this week. Just because I know we can do it, but keep falling just a lil short.

[We are mainly a t5/badge (early t6) guild. Have just starting getting our 2nd piece of t6 from archi recently.]
ehly

Postby Seloei » Sun May 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Unless the croc pat is very badly placed, swimming or waterwalking can save an unneeded pat kill. Also, don't the waterwalking pots from the fihsing quest take up the Guardian Elixer slot? Swim or have the shammeis spam waterwalking (tanks+healers first, then rest)
Seloei

Postby mazater » Mon May 26, 2008 12:14 am

The croc pat fails in one thing, the crocodiles can't be tanked and they aggro whoever they want to, usually causing a death or two for us.(The h00manoid can be tanked however)

Fighting, ressing and rebuffing takes some time, so it's better just to skip it imo.
mazater

Postby Lookit » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:48 am

Mazater wrote:The croc pat fails in one thing, the crocodiles can't be tanked and they aggro whoever they want to, usually causing a death or two for us.(The h00manoid can be tanked however)

Fighting, ressing and rebuffing takes some time, so it's better just to skip it imo.

An interesting thing about the crocs is that once they aggro onto someone, you can BoP that person and the crocs will not switch targets. It makes that bit of trash pretty trivial - just wait for them to switch targets, and if it's someone squishy just BoP them and then save your stun for when BoP wears off, if the crocs aren't already dead by that time.
Lookit

Postby Dassandic » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 pm

Sheep the Beast Tamer ASAP to prevent him from givng kill comands and the croc's have normal agro table. Remember no AOE when runing that path until you get to the lynxs.
Dassandic

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm

The crocs can also be killed very quickly, so take them down first.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Achtung » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:19 pm

If you were to avoid this pat using waterwalking, where do you tank/burn the first lynx ambush in order to avoid both the croc pat and the two beast tamers?

Also, any confirmation that the fishing daily water walking potions override guardian elixirs?
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Ryuusuke » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:39 am

Wheter you got Waterwalking buffed or not - you WILL safe some time going through the water!
Ich the Croc-pat is coming towards you, just jump in 5m before and go to land 5m behind em. Just aggro the Crocos, if the Beast-Tamer-Pat is there, too just focus 1 sheep the other soon enough. AoE can wait - more mana for us xD
Just run to the point between ambush#1 and ambush#2 and you wont ever aggro the croc-pat!

If the croc-pat is on his way back to the ambush position, just let a rogue distract them and be quicker =)
Ryuusuke

Postby Seloei » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:45 am

If you skip the croc pat and swim around, you have plenty of room to move on the beach before you agro the hidden pack. If the beast tamers are coming already, wait for them and frisbee them. That will not pull the hidden lynxes and theres less of a chance that he will MC you and cause all the lynxes to go for the lock/mage/healer.
Seloei

Postby Lowgrus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 am

Its honestly more of a waste of time/mana skipping those. Due to the fact that you can't mount in water with water walking.

I finish it with about 10-13 mintues every 3 days, would be faster if they'd give my group the damn feral druid :C. As soon as you jump through window mount up until you run into the crocs. Kill them.

Then w8 for the beast tamer pack trust me its worth w8ting for. DO NOT USE AN OFF TANK ON THESE. tank them both and you dont have to worry about getting mind controlled.

Off tank mounts up. runs and aggros all 3 lynx pats. I dont even think you hve to BoP him but I always do to be safe.

I pop wings and concecrate healers stand behind me.

then i mount up and run foward saves so much time. Those things have a lot of hp.
Lowgrus

Next

Return to Zul'aman