So I tried Heroic MgT Last night...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 20, 2008 5:26 pm

It's interesting:

High DPS groups tend to have a hard time with the second boss (unless they're careful/smart, of course), whereas they often seem to do well on the 3rd and final bosses. Kindof cool, IMO.
Kelaan

Postby Diazepam » Tue May 20, 2008 5:43 pm

Worldie wrote:To be fairly honest on the first boss, it's easier to just ignore crystals and DPS the boss down. The mana he'll not drain might be 1 or 2 explosions at most...

The group I run with is made up of a Holy Priest, a Mage, a Warlock, and an Elemental Shaman. We can do the fight they way you stated, but we've found it's easier on our healer's sanity if we handle the fight like we handle Kalithresh.
Diazepam

Postby Worldie » Tue May 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Your holy priest didn't like spamming CoH?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cearn » Wed May 21, 2008 1:26 am

Worldie wrote:Your holy priest didn't like spamming CoH?

how many holy priests even do have CoH? *curses*
Cearn

Postby Janduin » Wed May 21, 2008 2:30 am

How many holy priests DON'T have CoH? If this is a large percentage I'm at a loss...Divine spirit is fine and dandy, but maximum you need one priest to have it. CoH is amazing for raid healing and if you run with more than one holy priest without it they need to respec instantly.
Janduin

Postby Cearn » Wed May 21, 2008 2:56 am

Janduin wrote:How many holy priests DON'T have CoH? If this is a large percentage I'm at a loss...Divine spirit is fine and dandy, but maximum you need one priest to have it. CoH is amazing for raid healing and if you run with more than one holy priest without it they need to respec instantly.

Unluckily I can't convince even one of the 3 (!) imp will priests in my guild to respec. on the other hand, I know of about 3 CoH Priests on my server in total...
Cearn

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 21, 2008 3:39 am

Cearn wrote:
Janduin wrote:How many holy priests DON'T have CoH? If this is a large percentage I'm at a loss...Divine spirit is fine and dandy, but maximum you need one priest to have it. CoH is amazing for raid healing and if you run with more than one holy priest without it they need to respec instantly.

Unluckily I can't convince even one of the 3 (!) imp will priests in my guild to respec. on the other hand, I know of about 3 CoH Priests on my server in total...
You have greater problems than MrT then...
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Wed May 21, 2008 8:08 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Cearn wrote:Unluckily I can't convince even one of the 3 (!) imp will priests in my guild to respec. on the other hand, I know of about 3 CoH Priests on my server in total...
You have greater problems than MrT then...

I pity da fooz.

(Sorry, sorry -- that was really bad ;))
Kelaan

Postby Catriona » Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 am

It's really not all that hot until you hit mid-t5 content at least. I didn't spec CoH until BT/Hyjal, where it really finds its groove.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Diazepam » Thu May 22, 2008 4:16 pm

He doesn't mind spamming CoH, he just prefers to be more direct ,or at least more efficient, in his healing. He's incredibly good at dropping only the heals he needs to. In fact, he's the only healer I honestly trust. He uses CoH on several of the boss fights, he just prefers to use more direct measures in certain instances. My guess is that since the damage I am taking from the boss is more predictable than the damage the rest of the party would take during the bosses AoE attacks, he would prefer that we limit the amount of AoE blasts the boss has the chance to cast. I'm inclined to let him do what he wants, as I've never had an issue with his healing on any of the 5, 10, or 25 man content I've tanked.
Diazepam

Postby kensanity » Thu May 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Diazepam wrote:

He doesn't mind spamming CoH, he just prefers to be more direct ,or at least more efficient, in his healing. He's incredibly good at dropping only the heals he needs to. In fact, he's the only healer I honestly trust. He uses CoH on several of the boss fights, he just prefers to use more direct measures in certain instances. My guess is that since the damage I am taking from the boss is more predictable than the damage the rest of the party would take during the bosses AoE attacks, he would prefer that we limit the amount of AoE blasts the boss has the chance to cast. I'm inclined to let him do what he wants, as I've never had an issue with his healing on any of the 5, 10, or 25 man content I've tanked.

i dont mean to be picky on the semantics but we are talking about the 1st boss in h mgt right? the crystal guy? hmn, well on my priest, i make all the party stand right next to the boss while he does his aoe, after he does one explosion, i do one CoH, and i just do it once after every one of his. party keeps topped off... and I only have like 1600 heals in my spirit gear.
at 490 mana or so, CoH is way more efficient (situationally) than many other spells.

although I'm beginning to dig Prayer of healing sometimes, its like casting a low rank greater heal on every member in your party!
kensanity

Postby Diazepam » Thu May 22, 2008 6:06 pm

kensanity wrote:
Diazepam wrote:

i dont mean to be picky on the semantics but we are talking about the 1st boss in h mgt right? the crystal guy? hmn, well on my priest, i make all the party stand right next to the boss while he does his aoe, after he does one explosion, i do one CoH, and i just do it once after every one of his. party keeps topped off... and I only have like 1600 heals in my spirit gear.
at 490 mana or so, CoH is way more efficient (situationally) than many other spells.

although I'm beginning to dig Prayer of healing sometimes, its like casting a low rank greater heal on every member in your party!

In his defense, I don't really pay a whole lot of attention to what he's doing. He may have dropped it during that fight. All I know is that no one died and his mana pool wasn't even stressed by the ordeal.
Diazepam

Postby Sparklmotion » Sun May 25, 2008 10:11 am

Honestly, if you haven't tried this place yet and are nervous about it, I'd advise you give it a shot. I hit 70 on my Paladin ~2 weeks ago, and I was very nervous about doing Mgt on heroic. Even with a bad mage (really, really bad), we only wiped on the 2nd boss and kael, due to him being terrible with the adds/pheonix. I do have a lot of experience on regular and know all the pulls, but this thread made me a lot more nervous about the place than I should've been. Just keep in mind your CC and know the fights and the place becomes cake.
Sparklmotion

Postby Worldie » Sun May 25, 2008 11:04 am

Tbh just pull the boss without clearing the room and while standing outside.

SERIOUS BUSINESS

(don't try if you aren't in t6, you have not got a t6 healer, and don't have at least 2 aoers)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ehly » Sun May 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Cearn wrote:

Thats about the same on my server. Before TBC I ws one of the only holy raiding priest. even after I went to paladin and changed roles, I still leveled up my priest to 70. Renews and CoH. I rarely ever have to cast anything else in a 5man (except on bosses). Almost never have to drink either. <3 CoH.

Of our actualy raiding priests I think we have 1 maybe 2 ppl that have it :(

-=-

As for MgT on heroic I love it ^^ sometimes the 2nd boss can be a pain depending on my healer. Generally thats about it.
ehly

PreviousNext

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics