Remove Advertisements

Tanking Illidan Stormrage - A guide for protection Paladins

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Elsie » Fri May 23, 2008 2:49 am

Since you added hunter debuff you might as well add Insect Swarm from druids. My resto druid actually has it.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Fri May 23, 2008 3:06 am

good point, added.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 23, 2008 9:54 am

Reported for sticky?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Fri May 23, 2008 10:17 am

Stucked since Worldie doesn't seem to want to do it!
Lore
Global Mod

Re: Tanking Illidan Stormrage - A guide for protection Palad

Postby Morpheren » Fri May 23, 2008 10:33 am

Worldie wrote:[*] Shit, i got Shear: Ok, it happens

I dont know about anybody else, but I found this absolutely hilarious.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Worldie » Fri May 23, 2008 12:37 pm

I wouldn't have dared to stick a my own post <.<

And well, you'd be surprised of the amount of times i get distracted by something and get Sheared :<

My usual message on vent is "ok, i failed, save me"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Eneroth » Sat May 24, 2008 6:01 pm

All I can say is... /bow

That was a great movie and the way you held Illidan was great. Thank you very much for giving out this information. Now if only I could convince the RL, who in turn is the MT, to let me try.
Eneroth

Postby blish » Sun May 25, 2008 7:03 am

Huge thanks to Worldie, first night on Illidan and wtf pawned him, great guide and thanks again, now to read ur Sunwell ones.

tbh i thought he would have been hard but guess not.
blish

Postby Worldie » Sun May 25, 2008 7:44 am

Nothing is hard as long as you are prepared for it.

I'd make a "guide" for sunwell, but well we're still on Brutallus and i don't tank him, so might need a bit yet <.<

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fangwui » Mon May 26, 2008 12:44 pm

thanks for the guide. tanked him for a progression kill.
Fangwui

Postby Tekkel » Tue May 27, 2008 4:31 am

Aye it's a good guide. Pretty much figured all the stuff out from the 26 page post but this is so much easier. Tanked it again today and went down on the 3rd try. Had 3 disconnects on p4's which was quite shit but managed.

Has anyone else ever gotten agonizing flames while tanking him? I ended up dead in p5 last night when he enraged, had the flames debuff on me and also casted parasites. Nothing helped anymore.

Oh and we got our first legendary on our 2nd ever kill :)
Tekkel

Postby Worldie » Tue May 27, 2008 4:52 am

Yes you can get agonizing flames.
I'd recommend bubbling as soon as Demon phase starts.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Afraithe » Tue May 27, 2008 5:28 am

Moroes trinket is the most overpowered item in this game.
Afraithe

Postby Elsie » Tue May 27, 2008 2:18 pm

I'd make a "guide" for sunwell, but well we're still on Brutallus and i don't tank him, so might need a bit yet <.<

Sunwell is basically just stacking your best avoidance and EH gear. Each boss fight requires a bunch of little tweaks, like +hit for Savrotharr and +armor/hp for brutallus, and +block rating for twins, and +BV on muru adds or SR on muru babies.

So very different from just Illidan =\. If people wanted, would writing a guide for each sunwell boss even be worth it? If so, I don't mind doing it.
Elsie

Postby Spokish » Thu May 29, 2008 9:30 am

Excellent guide thank you for your work !
I still have a question for you. Can i go tank illidan without redoubt and shield specialization talents ?

I went for something like this
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Do i need to respec with these talents ?
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000
Spokish

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple