Remove Advertisements

Is it normal for mobs in Heroics to hit so hard?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is it normal for mobs in Heroics to hit so hard?

Postby Hubblybubbly » Sat May 24, 2008 11:31 am

Hey everyone, this is my first post but I've been browsing this site ever since i started my toon. You guys give great advice for aspiring tankadins =).

Anyways, I just hit 70 maybe 2 weeks ago and have been trying to gear out my pally. I started some basic heroics like H mech, H ramps, and H SP. Some of the mobs in each of the instances hit me sooooo hard that the healer can't keep me up. I was wondering if that was because of my gear or if i needed to do something different.

Here's a link to my armory page http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Hubblybubbly

Once i get my 15 badges, I will be uncrushable (finally). But I have also seen some of your posts that says i should socket my gear with stam gems, rather than defense gems. The only way for me to stay uncrushable is with those defense gems. Should I replace those gems with stam. I may start MT'ing kara soon. Thanks for any advice you are able to give =).

Hubbly
Hubblybubbly

Re: Is it normal for mobs in Heroics to hit so hard?

Postby guillex » Sat May 24, 2008 12:48 pm

Hubblybubbly wrote:Hey everyone, this is my first post but I've been browsing this site ever since i started my toon. You guys give great advice for aspiring tankadins =).

Anyways, I just hit 70 maybe 2 weeks ago and have been trying to gear out my pally. I started some basic heroics like H mech, H ramps, and H SP. Some of the mobs in each of the instances hit me sooooo hard that the healer can't keep me up. I was wondering if that was because of my gear or if i needed to do something different.

Here's a link to my armory page http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Hubblybubbly

Once i get my 15 badges, I will be uncrushable (finally). But I have also seen some of your posts that says i should socket my gear with stam gems, rather than defense gems. The only way for me to stay uncrushable is with those defense gems. Should I replace those gems with stam. I may start MT'ing kara soon. Thanks for any advice you are able to give =).

Hubbly

Heroics ... Mobs do not crush.

That being said ... Yes, some mobs can hit hard. If you're just starting out Heroics, be prepped to use CC. AoE tanking only comes with gear upgrades.

+40sd to weapon

+15 BR to shield ... or you /could/ go 18stam.

You should be going in this order:

Uncrittable -> Uncrushable -> Stamina

Again, you do /not/ need to be uncrushable to run heroics.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ldeboer » Sat May 24, 2008 1:10 pm

Hubblybubbly wrote:Hey everyone, this is my first post but I've been browsing this site ever since i started my toon. You guys give great advice for aspiring tankadins =).

H-Ramps is no really one to start with mobs there hit very very hard for your gear level.

Hubbly

If you had been reading properly you would know that in heroics nothing can crush you only have to be uncrittable +490 def.

However lets move on from that

Now gems that make no sense:

Shoulder socket bonus give +crit you dont want it 2 x +12 stam instead
Head socket yellow with +4def +6stam you get +12stam overall and +4def as bonus
Wrist prob go the same +4def +6stam (enduring talasite) only +3 stam bonus so you could go a +12 stam gem you could argue both ways

Enhancements:

dodge enchant for back
fort enchant for wrist +12 stam
Major stamina to shield +18 stam
+40 spell damage to weapon

So when you get your http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29388 you are still uncrushable but your unbuffed HP = 11927
ldeboer

Postby Hubblybubbly » Sat May 24, 2008 4:16 pm

Awesome. I re did those gems and also got more enchants. Health is finally reaching 12k =). Thanks for the advice. One more heroic and i'll get that libram from the badges.
Hubblybubbly

Postby ldeboer » Sun May 25, 2008 9:21 pm

Hubblybubbly wrote:Awesome. I re did those gems and also got more enchants. Health is finally reaching 12k =). Thanks for the advice. One more heroic and i'll get that libram from the badges.

Gratz see you got your libram now go hit kara hopefully you should get a couple of drops in lower which will make upper Kara easier.
ldeboer

Postby Marker » Tue May 27, 2008 11:26 pm

ldeboer wrote:If you had been reading properly you would know that in heroics nothing can crush you only have to be uncrittable +490 def.

..which is also not right. Heroics are 485 def for uncrittable, since the bosses are lvl 72 and only raids bosses need 490 since they are considered lvl 73.
Marker

Postby ldeboer » Wed May 28, 2008 12:25 am

Marker wrote:
ldeboer wrote:If you had been reading properly you would know that in heroics nothing can crush you only have to be uncrittable +490 def.

..which is also not right. Heroics are 485 def for uncrittable, since the bosses are lvl 72 and only raids bosses need 490 since they are considered lvl 73.

Yes you are techinically correct but it's slightly off track given the context of what he was asking

<I may start MT'ing kara soon> = +490 def
ldeboer

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics