Remove Advertisements

JoB, "hit" mechanics

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

JoB, "hit" mechanics

Postby cryst » Fri May 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Let's get straight to the question and answering session: Does Judgement of Blood work on melee hit or spell hit mechanics?

Logic would lead me to believe that it is considered a spell, and thus would follow spell hit mechanics (resists, etc). However (due in part to rarely ever using JoB), I do not remember ever seeing it resist. On that note, I've never seen it miss either, if for some reason it works on hit mechanics.

SoB, on the other hand, is not considered a magical spell damage. The only justification I have for this is that SoB does proc and damage the magic immune wyrms in Kara (meaning it must do some holy physical damage of some sort). The wyrms are however immune to JoB, which leads me to believe that it is a spell.

Getting to the point, let's just say I've had my fair share of JoR resists on pulls (assume AS cannot or should not be used in these situations), which often leads to someone else taking a smack to the face.

As I said before, I don't have any recollection of JoB ever being resisted, so if it works on the hit rating system instead, I would consider using it over JoR on a pull as there is a higher chance for a spell to be resisted than a hit to be missed (and the difference gets larger as mob levels over you get higher), assuming there's no vast difference in the hit and spell hit rating on my gear.

Or maybe I'm just crazy, because part of me actually thinks JoB never misses/resists.
cryst
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Fri May 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Yeah looking at my WWS from Council I don't have any misses or resists, only a few partial resists. As an initial aggro thing it's a pretty good tool especially on anything that reset aggro.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri May 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Job simply doesn't get any resist, period. It's considered a spell, but the resist chance is 0%.

In months of playing, i never ever got "Resist" on JoB.

SoB works exactly like SoC.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby cryst » Fri May 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Lovely. I'm not crazy after all. Missing with AS and having JoR resist is awful, so JoB will continue to be used on my pulls, now with more confirmation!
cryst
Maintankadonor

Postby sbeacher » Sat May 24, 2008 2:32 am

I want to say I've seen JoB parried.

Also, seal of blood works on magic immune mobs (those worms after curator in Kara for example) The judgement doesn't, however.
sbeacher

Postby Worldie » Sat May 24, 2008 4:02 am

Are you sure it was JoB and not just SoB proc :P ?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Tue May 27, 2008 8:55 am

JoB just doesn't miss.

It's overpowered and needs to be nerfed.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Morpheren » Tue May 27, 2008 10:11 am

Worldie wrote:Are you sure it was JoB and not just SoB proc :P ?
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Cearn » Tue May 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Sabindeus wrote:JoB just doesn't miss.

It's overpowered and needs to be nerfed.

+
Cearn

Postby Eaglestrike » Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 am

This is nice to know for things like Attumen when we have 0-1 curse removers, might be the better tanking seal on him, thanks.
Eaglestrike

Postby Worldie » Wed May 28, 2008 3:18 am

Hold on, SoB still misses like a melee attack, only the judgement has that special mechanic.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Wed May 28, 2008 6:45 am

Judgement of blood cannot miss, but you pay for that in your own blood!

It useful on agro resets eg Hydros, Zul'jin etc. Alliance can just cheat and use SoV though to have a dot ticking away at the agro reset, so its only fair really.
Candiru

Postby Sabindeus » Wed May 28, 2008 9:37 am

Candiru wrote:Judgement of blood cannot miss, but you pay for that in your own blood!

It useful on agro resets eg Hydros, Zul'jin etc. Alliance can just cheat and use SoV though to have a dot ticking away at the agro reset, so its only fair really.

You must be kidding.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Tyaera » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:04 pm

Lets be very clear

Most Blood Elf tankadins would trade SoB for SoV in a heartbeat while most Alliance Retribution paladins would trade SoV for SoB in a slightly smaller heartbeat.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Caelus » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:16 pm

Tyaera wrote:Lets be very clear

Most Blood Elf tankadins would trade SoB for SoV in a heartbeat while most Alliance Retribution paladins would trade SoV for SoB in a slightly smaller heartbeat.

Moral of the story is that Bliz is a bunch o sadists.
Caelus

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents