Remove Advertisements

Is winterchill doable for a T4/badges group ?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 23, 2008 11:05 am

Tank can get ice blocked. Shouldn't be a healing issue though. DPS has to watch
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Fri May 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Worldie wrote:The hard part are the waves, not the boss himself.

That's what I was going to say. My only concern would be whether you'd have the DPS to get through each trash wave before the next spawns. If you can do that, Rage himself is a cake walk.

Oh, and yes tank can get iceblocked, but it's actually one of the best things that can happen since your healers are already focused on him anyway.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri May 23, 2008 5:17 pm

You don't "really" need the DPS, it's just possible to stack AoErs
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Also, given that a Chinese guild in largely T3 can kill Illidan ...

A lot of these fights are execution fights; as long as people know what's up, you have a fighting chance.

Idiots in purple will still fail at these fights, while people who know what they're doing can still perform in blues ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri May 23, 2008 5:52 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Also, given that a Chinese guild in largely T3 can kill Illidan ...
How many times shall it be repeated that they wore T3 just for the kill shot? ><
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby arilink » Fri May 23, 2008 8:57 pm

So here we are: 6/6 ZA (3/4t), 0 SSC, 2/4 TK, 1/5 MH.
Confidence and patience is everything.
You will just need to read strats, create your own, get a bit help from these fellow bordies and take your time to get experience.

First time MH (w/o any clue) we wiped 3 times at wave 6.
Abominations knockdown, shadowbolts etc.
Random Epics helped a huge load with motivation.

Today was the third time and Anetheron was down to 33%.
First people were astonished about seeing us going MH.
Well after Winterchill it changed into "That stuff isn't hard anyway".
I have to admit that with dropping the PreQ some dudes aren't really happy as they had to work hard to get past Kael and Vashj.

However I would be stupid to leave MH just to keep some T6 guys calm.
If you have 25 dedicated people who can get their job done and who are motivated for some fun challenge get them into MH!
That will be a great step for gear progression even if it's just the random epics from trash waves.
arilink

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat May 24, 2008 10:07 am

Worldie wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Also, given that a Chinese guild in largely T3 can kill Illidan ...
How many times shall it be repeated that they wore T3 just for the kill shot? ><

Ah, I wasn't aware of that.

But if you do the math -- 52 days is 7.5 weeks, so call it 7 instance timer resets.

Whether or not they changed into old gear for the much publicized kill shot, that's still not enough time to gear up a significant portion of your raid with tier tokens.

My basic argument that these fights require performance as much as gear stands: the better your gear, the larger your margin of error, but even the best gear won't help people who don't know how to not stand in the fire.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat May 24, 2008 7:46 pm

That is correct, there's only few "gear checks" in BT/MH and they check only a part of the raid (tank on shahraz, healers on bb, dps on ros), but 90% of the fights are just execution fights.

Now, wtb Brutallus as 2nd boss in BT.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Probius » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:53 am

My guild was at Vashj and Kael before the patch removed the attunements for BT/Hyjall. At this point we had just really started our attempts on vashj and done only a few clears of each. Had a few of our top dps etc. leave for guilds that are more progressed and some just had to leave for RL reasons.

First night into hyjall we 1 shot the first 2 bosses with only about 1/2 the raid wearing stuff from ssc/tk (MT is the exception as we always gear him first). 3 boss still easy, but didn't get the 4th boss till the next week when we cycled bloodlusts into our melee group and just let tanks hold the adds the whole fight. Archimonde.... well that's not a gear check and i pretty much love and hate that boss (love the loot, hate the randomness of the fight).

Best tips for starting Hyjall;
- Pally tanks are gods here (bring one for trash even if you don't normally have one MT /OT)
- Warlocks are amazing for trash dps and soulstones are loved on Azgalor (4th boss)
- 2 min trinkets will be a neccessity for 2 boss fights (first and last) especially at your gear level. Remind people on Archimonde that they should only use it if they're going into a fire and not just as a dps boost.
- Trash in this place sucks when you're learning due to it being timed and needing to be redone every boss attempt. Watch for and call out people slacking on trash, you'll find it every bit as important as bosses.
- Scholo is easy to solo at 70 and if for no other reason than for Kaz'rogal, dark runes are amazing because your healers / dps may be chain potting and still not be enough.

As people before have said, its more execution than a gear check. We had a guy join our guild the other day and before 1 shotting archimonde the guy spoke up in vent; "you guys clear hyjall while in kara gear?"
Probius

Postby Estrela » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:18 am

it's possible, did it yesterday :)

Our main tank was a warrior with a couple peices of T6, who got parry-gibbed by jaina attacking from the front (he didn't adjust rage so she'd be in the back). I had to pick him up, but lost 5 dps/healers in the process :(

100-0 first try, almost all pugs, 2 or 3 people in T6, rest were in t4(kara/gruul/mag/za) + badge loot, with various PVP epics.

But, most of our players were alts of people who had killed Rage before.

As long as everyone knows to trinket the ice block (NOT FROST NOVA) and run out of death and decay, all should be good.
Estrela

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:22 am

Wait, how can you get parry gibbed by a boss that hits for barely 4k O_O ?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Estrela » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:39 am

Worldie wrote:Wait, how can you get parry gibbed by a boss that hits for barely 4k O_O ?
he got hit with three crushes in about 2 seconds or therebouts, according to grim reaper.

3k normal hit on plate = 4.5k crush
4.5k x3 = 13.5k
++ not being topped off (I think he has 18-20k hp raid buffed? he's one of our new warriors, so his gear is still mostly t4/badge loot).
Estrela

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:08 am

More like it he was standing in the DnD and got crushed 1-2 in a row without getting topped off than getting parry gibbed. Or ice bolted?
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:59 am

Sounds more like a icebolt on tank and healers didn't heal him.

Worldie
Global Mod

I agree I doubt you can be parry - gibbed by rage

Postby ldeboer » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:59 pm

As I pack my high avoidance gear for the waves because we are all still nubs learning the fight and I sometimes end up tanking more than what was intended I find I cant tank rage in that gear I just go OOM too fast cause he hits like a pussy.

First time I went OOM I lost him to a arms dps warrior and he tanked him to rage death and there was only 1 real healer and me left at end.

The 2 killers D&D and Ice Block.
ldeboer

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal