Remove Advertisements

Maintaining threat on Maiden

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Betherton » Fri May 23, 2008 1:03 pm

dmok wrote:
Fierro wrote:I did SoV last week worked great I just told my raid look Just wait for 2 to 3 stacks then go all out and I didn't have a problem after that. It also helps if you have a hunter who md you and Does Aim shot and then 2 steady shots just incase your a little low.

I hope you mean Aimed Shot, Arcane shot and then a Multi Shot

Well, since autoshots get weaved into special shots, the Multi-Shot would end up being on the hunter's threat, not the target of the misdirect.
Betherton

Postby dmok » Fri May 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Betherton wrote:Well, since autoshots get weaved into special shots, the Multi-Shot would end up being on the hunter's threat, not the target of the misdirect.

Unless the hunter fires his arcane shot on the move (small move) to prevent an auto, and then stops for a multi and then begins his dps cycle.

At least, that's how I do things on my hunter.

Maiden makes me wish pallys had a backwards BoS for this fight. Just cast rank 1 on a healer to make sure they're up and going for the repentences on "progression" clears.
dmok

Postby Lookit » Fri May 23, 2008 3:24 pm

dmok wrote:Maiden makes me wish pallys had a backwards BoS for this fight. Just cast rank 1 on a healer to make sure they're up and going for the repentences on "progression" clears.

Healers can just step forward into the consecrate before Repentance goes off, if they keep an eye on the DBM timer.
Lookit

Postby Rokh » Sat May 24, 2008 12:00 am

dmok wrote:
Fierro wrote:I did SoV last week worked great I just told my raid look Just wait for 2 to 3 stacks then go all out and I didn't have a problem after that. It also helps if you have a hunter who md you and Does Aim shot and then 2 steady shots just incase your a little low.

Distracting shot..... you both fail
Rokh

Postby Barathorn » Tue May 27, 2008 9:04 am

Swagger wrote:If you're alliance, seal of vengeance is definitely the way to go on maiden.

All 4 times I tanked her, a shield, JoC, and SoV has always been fine, even when silenced your threat is there, as long as the stacks stick on her.

I generally heal on her now and let the Bear OT tank her, it is just easier.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 am

Rokh wrote:
dmok wrote:

Distracting shot..... you both fail
Aimed - Distracting - Multi, isn't it? I know dist can be cast on the move but I have no idea on the weaving of auto shots.

ANYWAY
THREAT ON MAIDEN: LOLMASH
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby dmok » Tue May 27, 2008 10:54 am

Rokh wrote:Distracting shot..... you both fail

Distracting can't crit. There is more potential threat from arcane + multi than using distracting and any combination of the above.

Distracting causes a flat 900 (unsalved) threat.
Arcane can (for me) crit for around 1500.
Multi can crit for around 2000.

of course, if the mob is arcane-immune use distracting over arcane.
dmok

Postby Lopimp » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Well i finally managed to tank maiden tonight and maintain threat quite well was suprising had pali healer in group with ret aura on and i kept concentraion on and and ended in button mashing for a while to get speels off without interupt but happily for the first time ever i didnt need to ask OT to take the job and i decurse and heal :D
Lopimp

Postby Amindra » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:28 pm

I have always tanked Maiden when I have been in KZ on my pally. Yes, your tps will be quite lower than normal, but I still maintain around 800 tps so the DPS can just nuke the sucker down like they're used to.

I pop wings early go get a good lead and just run my normal rotations with A LOT of buttonsmashing.
Amindra

Postby Tunnis » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:40 pm

I don't get this Maiden fuzz. The first time I tanked Kara I did Maiden without any problem. And a few days later I was trolling some forums where ppl was saying that paladins can't tank her. I was like "Oh we can't? I'll remember that next time" :)
Tunnis

Postby majiben » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:12 am

Is SoV subject to not being applied while silenced like judgement debuffs? If not then it would work well. What I always found best is to burn her fast. Pop heroism, Icon of the silver crest, and heroism about 5 secs in and she can go down in under a minute for my raid group (may not work for yours). Just make sure you have as many threat bonuses as reasonable on that fight and that your dps know to take it easy compared to other fights.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Talmus » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 am

Yeah, I've honestly had no problems maintaining threat on Maiden. It's less difficult and more simple annoyance. Just don't try to do anything extra, just keep a seal/judge/cons/holy shield rotation going with holy shield taking top priority and consecrate second priority. Then you just bang each key until it takes and move on to the next one making sure that you always switch to banging the holy shield key when you're coming up on the CD for it. And yes, pop whatever trinkets/abilities you have for building threat upfront - that's when you have the best chance of building threat since she hasn't silenced you yet.

My biggest problem on Maiden is staying alive but that's because healers get pushed hard on that fight...it's really just a huge heal-check with a side of dps-check. You either need great heals or great dps that burns Maiden before the heals have the time to fall apart.
Talmus

Previous

Return to Karazhan