fathom lord issue

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

fathom lord issue

Postby Scotty D » Wed May 21, 2008 8:22 pm

i was on the sammy tonight.. 6 strait wipes as the healers could not keep me up.. on the 7th attempt we swap me to the hunter and the other pally to tank shammy.. 1 shotted even tho he had the shammy and the hunters pet.. here is the armory links.. im clueless as to how he didnt take as much damage. any thoughts would be helpful.. imo he is undergeared as hell

other pally
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... s&n=Lebell

Me
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... s&n=Icabod
Scotty D

Postby Biscotti » Thu May 22, 2008 4:12 am

He's geared enough, but that fight's all about the healers. Perhaps they finally got the hang of it, or remembered to drop grounding totem for the shaman tank. His damage is super spiky, so its also possible you just got lucky.
Biscotti

Postby Seloei » Thu May 22, 2008 4:56 am

Theres a thing that happens after a few wipes... people start shaping up if they get yelled at

Also, did the other pala get dropped into the same group you are in or he stayed in the other one? Not everyone raiding knows 100% what they are doing or might get distracted. As was said, maybe the shammy in your group forgot to drop groundings and his didn't.
can't check the armories atm, but if you both are same geared, and both kept doing what it is needed (position, rotation etc) then the only fault would be the healers or the lazy shaman(if that was the case).
Seloei

Postby Widdox » Thu May 22, 2008 12:55 pm

The shaman sucks. Healers HAVE to precast heals. This is the first fight where healers learn to be proactive instead of reactive.

Make sure you have a grounding totem being dropped by a shaman in your group. We tank the Shaman and the Hunter directly next to each other. The Hunter dies first then the shaman. If you kill the totems as they spawn you will not get any spitfire totems.
Widdox

Postby Scotty D » Thu May 22, 2008 2:04 pm

we were in the same group.. me and him and 2 prot war and lock with an imp.. im sittin at 20.6k hp with imp and the other pally was around 19.6k my main concern with the other pally is the fact that he has 465ish def rating and low dodge/block. where as im at 492 and 104.xx%
Scotty D

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 22, 2008 2:13 pm

Scotty D wrote:we were in the same group.. me and him and 2 prot war and lock with an imp.. im sittin at 20.6k hp with imp and the other pally was around 19.6k my main concern with the other pally is the fact that he has 465ish def rating and low dodge/block. where as im at 492 and 104.xx%
Why was he even allowed to join the raid?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Scotty D » Thu May 22, 2008 3:26 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Scotty D wrote:we were in the same group.. me and him and 2 prot war and lock with an imp.. im sittin at 20.6k hp with imp and the other pally was around 19.6k my main concern with the other pally is the fact that he has 465ish def rating and low dodge/block. where as im at 492 and 104.xx%
Why was he even allowed to join the raid?

that was my question as well... raid leader feels that more effective health is more important since he uses us pally as more of trash tanks.... in other words in the week i have been in the guild i have most of the time had my thumb up my ass.. did solo tank kara for some cake badges and beat there record time by 2hrs lol.
Scotty D

Postby Andover » Fri May 23, 2008 6:08 am

^^ makes me cry a little.

Tell your raid leader to come to this thread and let the experienced Paladins tell him/her to know what stats someone should have in order to raid.

What other tanks are you bringing to SSC?

We had our main Druid tanking the shaman because of their absolutely insane dodge rate and good health pool. I'd just solo tank the hunter and his pet while a DPS Warrior tanked the Priest in his tanking gear and our main Warrior tanking FLK. Not that anyone can't tank FLK, I'm sure both the druid and myself could have done it, it was just easier for me to tank 2 adds then to have 2 tanks on it and let the bear take the shaman.
Andover

Postby Scotty D » Fri May 23, 2008 2:04 pm

MT of the guild http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Hogzilla

up and coming druid
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Corrala

and they also somehow think that there is no way to be "uncrushable" they keep referring to them as "overpowers"
Scotty D

Postby Ashmadai » Sun May 25, 2008 2:44 pm

Wow, I think you need to find a new guild.
Ashmadai

Postby mazater » Mon May 26, 2008 12:18 am

Frost ress aura is godlike if your shamans fail at using Grounding totem.

And your guild members really need to start theorycrafting.
mazater

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern