Remove Advertisements

any reason a prot warrior would be better on hydross?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lollore » Wed May 21, 2008 9:07 am

On Hydross I usually just pick up the adds since I can get at least 3 at once (and range taunt the other one when it runs to a healer) and I just get spam healed.

Just wait till Leo and you can show them who's the superior tank ;)
Lollore

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 21, 2008 9:10 am

Lollore wrote:Just wait till Leo and you can show them who's the superior tank for one fight

not knocking pally tanks, but this is just as bad as a warrior saying "paladins can't tank" they are just as viable for as many fights as we are, just because we have skills that giev us an advantage at one fight in NO WAY makes us a superior tank.

Now if you can come up with some examples of why we are a better tank (not just THIS fight) then you might have a point.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Widdox » Thu May 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Sweeney wrote:I'd suggest working on a mixed NR/FR set first -- you're ideally suited for tanking the adds in both phases. That's arguably the most important part tanking that goes on during the fight, anyway.

Thats.. I have full resist sets and have tanked either phase when other tanks arent available, but I figured out that I'm a better add tank so I do that.
Widdox

Hydross

Postby KiwiBacon » Fri May 23, 2008 12:15 am

personally i tank frost phase and all of the frost adds since we dont have a prot war that can reach 365 frost r and 490 def and we have a druid/crappy prot war on the nature adds
KiwiBacon

Postby Seloei » Fri May 23, 2008 1:43 am

you don't need to reach 490 defense, useing resilience you can cut down the amount needed. Also the very small portion of the incoming damage is from crits (Even if you are not capped).

The only "disadvantage" paladins have is when starting the fight with a frisbee toss. Just run in and you won't trigger an unneeded phase swap. Otherwise, belf paladins > rest tanks (+5 resistance baseline).

Other than that, it's all down to skill and gear, best skilled/geared tank will always outshine a worse one. Sometimes even a better skilled but worse geared one...
Seloei

Postby Cearn » Fri May 23, 2008 2:27 am

Seloei wrote:The only "disadvantage" paladins have is when starting the fight with a frisbee toss. Just run in and you won't trigger an unneeded phase swap. Otherwise, belf paladins > rest tanks (+5 resistance baseline).

my dwarfen +10 frost resistance and tauren/nightelf +10 nature resistance beats belfz on hydross imho...
Cearn

Previous

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern