Kalecgos 1 tank SR strat...questions

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kalecgos 1 tank SR strat...questions

Postby Lucianas » Thu May 22, 2008 3:35 pm

I read through all the pages of all the Kalecgos topics and nothing really elaborated on exactly how to execute DPS and what other tanks will be doing. I just saw that tank would need 150 AR to resist enough debuffs for them to fall off eventually.

I understand why this was would be better because less tank swaps and makes it easier on healers.

Currently my guild is starting serious attempts on him now and we are having trouble keeping tanks up and screwing up rotations. This strat sounds like it might make it easier but don't know for sure.

If its not too big a deal could someone tell me exact strat for this and pros/cons for doing it this way.

thanks

Luc
Lucianas

Postby Worldie » Thu May 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Simply you have one tankadin tanking Kalecgos 100% of the times, while the other 2 tanks will alternate on Sarhtrovarr each 50-60 seconds.

Pros are less tank changing (thus less strain on healers who need to change targers), and also healers getting out of Demon realm already know who to heal, rather than having to find who's tanking, and other healers kinda get "grouped" with the other tank for the Demon realm.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lucianas » Thu May 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks, thats what I thought I just didn't know if any of the group rotations changed because of this or not...Im still noob to this fight so forgive me.
Lucianas

Postby Worldie » Thu May 22, 2008 5:16 pm

In fact, for healers and DPS, it's the same as the regular tactic, nothing changes for them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ezpz » Thu May 22, 2008 10:07 pm

Personally the main reason i chose this strat over the "standard" rotation strat was the demon seems to have a very high taunt resist, and with no 2nd taunt it was pretty annoying trying to tank him. It was alot smoother for us when i used the AR gear.

As far as debuff stacks i try and last till around 40% before i bubble, so i dont have *too* many debuffs near the end, biut pretty often they will just fall off themselves though which is awesome. Especially if i use 190~ AR (belt/legs/boots/trinket/AR to cloack)
ezpz

Postby Elsie » Fri May 23, 2008 1:36 am

It's really more of a novelty strat from what I've seen. The standard 1/3/5 rotation seems good bit better in terms of efficiency. None of the tanks will have to deal with high stacks of arcane debuffs, you have more CDs for the demon, etc.

The demon doesn't have any real heightened taunt resist. Just throw on a tiny bit of hit gear and you'll break 6%. Warrior's "second taunt" isn't game breaking and would only help once in the encounter. In fact, in the normal rotation you can almost entirely remove the headache of taunting off kalecgos if you play your cards right.

That all said, 150-200 arcane resist, chain chug iron shields, etc. Make sure your two other tanks are somewhere tied to a group in case they get ported first. Since you're wearing blues, a holy priest or, if your guild is lucky, shaman healing you will be a huge help for the armor proc. Even if you can swing it, getting an Imp LOH will definitely make things smoother.

It is pretty cool, though, and gets points for that.
Elsie

Woof

Postby Rickrolling » Fri May 23, 2008 7:15 am

Heres a Idea----

Three Tanks

Me(paladin)on Dragon Almost entire fight

Druid and a Warrior Switching off and on the other guy

I wear the craftable AR Gear and Tank the dragon until 11-12 Percent and Then switch out for the Prot Warrior in Normal tanking gear so he can shield wall last stand etc and I take the portal depending on timer on druid. That way when the enrage hits I don't get shotted and it goes around knocking out raid members
Rickrolling

Postby Inphy » Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 am

Just wondering, would you guys care to post what AR you use to tank him. Or post the thread where I can find it.

But so far as i can see, a paladin tanking Kalecgos seems to be the best choice.
Inphy of the Iron Edge guild.
-Dunemaul
Inphy

Re: Woof

Postby Lucit » Fri May 23, 2008 2:48 pm

Rickrolling wrote:Heres a Idea----

Three Tanks

I wear the craftable AR Gear and Tank the dragon until 11-12 Percent and Then switch out for the Prot Warrior in Normal tanking gear so he can shield wall last stand etc and I take the portal depending on timer on druid. That way when the enrage hits I don't get shotted and it goes around knocking out raid members

Seems silly... if you wear normal tanking gear, any tank can handle the enrage.
Lucit

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon May 26, 2008 2:07 am

Craftable Legs, Craftable Girdle and the Karazhan Trinket
With improved Druid-Buff you get the 150 mark =)
Ryuusuke

Re: Woof

Postby submerged » Thu May 29, 2008 11:38 am

Lucit wrote:
Rickrolling wrote:Heres a Idea----

Three Tanks

Seems silly... if you wear normal tanking gear, any tank can handle the enrage.

During enrage how much does he normally hit for? I've only tanked the fight a few times, and on our first kill our warrior tank who was tanking the last few % went down, so I taunted the dragon to try to buy a bit more time for the DPS to finish up (it ended up being a kill but it was REALLLyyy close) and I think he like 2 shotted me..lawl.. It could possibly been the abrupt switch to me with no heals, and the fact that I only had 1 piece of t6 at the time, but it seems like shieldwall/last stand really are needed from how hard I was hit.
submerged

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu May 29, 2008 12:59 pm

His enrage does not seem to be static, over time (or % dmg taken?) he gains more damage.
It's fairly safe to assume he will hit 2.5 times harder though.

It's a gain every 5 seconds.
To what end the damage increase is I'm not sure :P
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Worldie » Thu May 29, 2008 1:28 pm

The enrage works like this, everytime either of them loses 1%, both gain 10% damage.

We got a kill with Kalecgos at 18% , i got a 17k white melee at some point :>

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tisiphone » Fri May 30, 2008 5:19 am

Well, after reading how horrible the enrage is, I warned my guild that a warrior needs to be on the dragon when he enrages, though on our first kill the third tank died somewhere around 30%, so we had to finish it up with two tanks and it happened I was on the dragon when he enraged. With 3 healers spamming it was nothing horrible. I'm fairly sure the damage stayed the same at the time I tanked him (from 12% to 2%), being about 8-9k per hit in a very rapid tempo.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau