Moroes Adds

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lalecize » Thu May 08, 2008 3:16 pm

All depends on your healers and your dps.

Recently I have switched to running my rogue in Kara, and we have had a tank comeup in blues/few epics to take my spot and get geared.

I offer them advice on what they can/cant/should do.

They tank all the ads on morose. Is it easier with me? Yes the healers go afk and have a cigarette and come back to collect their BoJ. With him they have some work to do. That said we are still 2 healing it.

Our dps is also extremely high. So throwing in the undergeared tank, we did it just as per usual.

That said if his guild is not that well geared it is still possible. I remember doing it in blues\a few kara epics for the whole raid when we started. We had 3 healers back in those days.

Shackle the priest and take the rest for your first few goes, see how you go. If your healers say its all good, then start taking the lot.
Lalecize

Postby ldeboer » Thu May 08, 2008 7:53 pm

Mordinm wrote:
Ankh wrote: Wrong, have 1 tank 1 healed all of kara just fine. Badge gear does wonders.

I'm glad you're doing well in kara. So a tank in full blues should be able to tank the ret pally add the MS warrior add and Moroes at the same time because you can one tank kara in epic badge gear? Seems a bit of a logical jump to me, perhaps you'd care to explain how they relate?

LOL well said :)

Your life expectancy in REAL BLUES if you try that crap will be measured in seconds.
ldeboer

Postby Rokh » Sat May 10, 2008 4:38 pm

His adds are very self explaning.

Chick with black staff (shadow, mana burn) always kill first

Chick with gold staff ( holy, heals) kill second, keep her targeted for stun/torrent

Dude with sword and shield (prot warrior, joke dps, has a very long stun though.. can be a problem if you under gear AoE tanking moros you will get stun killed)

Dude with 2 handed + rage ( arms warrior, has whirlwind and MS... not a huge deal)

Dude with 2 hander + mana (ret pally, can dispell shackles, but who shackles lol)

simple as that... very self explanitory.
Rokh

Postby Shadraak » Sun May 11, 2008 1:00 pm

in my atlast loot link it shows what they are in the drop table, has their name and in ( ) what they are ie, ret pally, prot warrior ,shadow priest, etc....
Shadraak

Postby Ariashley » Tue May 13, 2008 9:22 am

Ankh wrote:Wrong, have 1 tank 1 healed all of kara just fine. Badge gear does wonders.

And since when was badge gear blue? Previous post commented that no OT needed for a blue-geared prot paladin.

Note that I have solo tanked nearly all of kara in blues with 2 healers, but I wouldn't say it was pretty...
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 13, 2008 9:57 am

One thing I've missed from these "we use one tank" discussions is, how do you handle the gouge? After the first garotte, BoSac sure sounds like it should work fine, but before that .... do the non-moroes adds keep hitting you even if you're gouged (and thus break it), or do they act like pet AI and pick a new target when the current one is incapacitated?
Kelaan

Postby ldeboer » Wed May 14, 2008 10:58 pm

Kelaan wrote:One thing I've missed from these "we use one tank" discussions is, how do you handle the gouge? After the first garotte, BoSac sure sounds like it should work fine, but before that .... do the non-moroes adds keep hitting you even if you're gouged (and thus break it), or do they act like pet AI and pick a new target when the current one is incapacitated?

Yeah thats the weakpoint I see with 1 tank you have to know whats going to be number two on the threat list because on gouge before 1st garotte its all coming their way unless you were very lucky to get hit by an add before it dropped agro.

Because of the healing coming onto the single tank the healers agro on the other adds is going to quite high so it would have to be a class that can hit multiple targets like a hunter.

Wonder if you can divine shield/cancel out of the first gouge if it happened?

One day might have to get brave and try it ... now to find 9 brave souls :)
ldeboer

Postby Seloei » Wed May 14, 2008 11:55 pm

Kelaan wrote:One thing I've missed from these "we use one tank" discussions is, how do you handle the gouge? After the first garotte, BoSac sure sounds like it should work fine, but before that .... do the non-moroes adds keep hitting you even if you're gouged (and thus break it), or do they act like pet AI and pick a new target when the current one is incapacitated?

warlock + lifetap?
melee dps tanking an add til then? (they hit like whimps anyway)
bubble trick? (sometimes gets off more than 1 gouge at start before a garrote)

As for the adds, they don't hit you when you are gouged, sometimes you get lucky and you have a dot or the other add just pressed an attack which takes a while to reach you and gouge breaks. Have the ranged dps stand far away so they don't get hit while he is darting to them.
Seloei

Postby Marker » Thu May 15, 2008 12:53 am

ldeboer wrote:...
Because of the healing coming onto the single tank the healers agro on the other adds is going to quite high so it would have to be a class that can hit multiple targets like a hunter.

The healing threat shouldn't vary with the number of tanks taking damage.

Healing threat : (<amount healed> * 0,5) / <number of mobs aware of you>

So wether the damage is spread on one or two tanks will not matter as far as I can see
Marker

Postby jere » Thu May 15, 2008 6:10 am

Typically in the situations where I single tank kara, the 2nd in threat is almost always either a warlock or a hunter. I BoSanc whichever it typically is (and set my focus macro for them at that point). However, I tend to AoE tank all the adds too as a precaution. Even though they will typically detarget you during a gouge/blind, the odds are better than one of them will be attacking you the moment it occurs if you have 5 things beating on you :)

However, I wouldn't recommend this strat for those starting out. I am much better geared than Kara.
jere

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 15, 2008 7:41 am

When I first did aoekara with no plate tank(or druid), we had a hunter "tank". He was specd marks-survival for a heroic fest and what we did was making the hunter always be 2nd on threat, so Moroes would go for him.

With him at max range, moroes would never even touch the hunter before I exorcised him back. For netherspite he'd use deterrence(Don't underestimate Deterrence on fights like bloodboil!) while holding the red beam
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Olen » Wed May 21, 2008 11:14 pm

This is what I posted on my guild's strat page. Wowwiki's pretty straight-forward.

Baroness Dorothea Millstipe - Shadow Priest 66k health
Mana Burn, Mind Flay, SW:Pain kill, interrup her Mana Burn
Lady Catriona Von'Indi - Holy Priest 66k health
Greater Heal, Dispel Magic, PW:Shield, Holy Fire kill, interrupt her Greater Heal
Lady Keira Berrybuck - Holy Paladin 68k health
Holy Light, Cleanse, Divine Shield, Blessing of Might CC, breaks other CC
Baron Rafe Dreuger - Ret Paladin 68k health
Hammer of Justice, Cleanse CC, stuns his target
Lord Robin Daris - Arms Warrior 84k health
Mortal Strike, Whirlwind CC, kills clothies
Lord Crispin Ference - Prot Warrior 84k health
Disarm, Shield Bash, Shield Wall does low damage, OT or CC

Kill them in the order they appear above, for the reasons listed. As a Ptank I typically open with shield throw on either side depending which ones I want to hate me (sometimes the Shackle targets so they won't drill straight for a slow-acting Priest) then Exorcise Moroes or an off-throw-side add, then Fear the X which I'd previously Focused. If you have a pally healer have them Fear another just to reduce incoming damage.

Save a hunter trap for the MH to stand on for when someone blows their CC responsibility, and have a DPS stand on top of Moroes to eat the Blind.

-Olen of The Infidels, Alliance side Kul Tiras
Olen

Postby Cosmoz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:17 pm

when I solotank moroes, I gather all the adds in front of me, EXCEPT moroes, witch I make sure to have behind me. sure, he hits a little harder, but its not a bit deal unless your healers are sleeping (2 healers are prolly req for this. if you only run with 1 healer, I would use some CC for the stunners here)
as said, if you let moroes hit you in the back, he cant gauge you. I only turn for a split of a sec everytime my exo is ready, to fire it at him. that, and JoR+conc is enough to keep him on you even when whole raid is dps'ing him.
Cosmoz

Previous

Return to Karazhan