How hard is MTing Tidewalker?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby jere » Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 am

The only time I ever go oom on the murlocs is if I get too excited and don't stop at 3 Holy Lights per wave.
jere

Postby Ashmadai » Tue May 20, 2008 9:42 am

I guess I just take enough damage from the earthquakes to get healed. Of course, I chain chug mad alchemist's pots on cooldown any time I'm not main tanking a boss.
Ashmadai

Postby Cearn » Tue May 20, 2008 9:48 am

ohmygod
why didn't i come up with "standing in the quake" myself? oO
Cearn

Postby jere » Tue May 20, 2008 10:03 am

Cearn wrote:ohmygod
why didn't i come up with "standing in the quake" myself? oO

Because then you would get watery graved!
jere

Postby Ashmadai » Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 am

Where do you guys usually tank the Murlocs? RL makes me drag them over behind Tidewalker for AoE so the AoE is hitting Tidewalker as well, and I end up getting the earthquake after that. I have been put in a water grave before and had all my murlocs beating me along with the watery grave damage, lol. Healers had to put in work to keep me up through all that, but they did.
Ashmadai

Postby Cearn » Tue May 20, 2008 11:20 am

As I have no knowledge of an enrage timer, I wouldn't bomb them on Morogrim. It's maybe 20k damage every ~30 seconds lost on the boss, that's a 1k dps loss at maximum, considering movement time.

I tank them west of the ramp, next to the glowing thing so I don't have to move at all. When the globes spawn i typically tank them between Morogrims feet, his Might looming above my head. °_°
Cearn

Postby jere » Tue May 20, 2008 12:03 pm

we typically run around behind him to the FLK hallway, hugging the left wall. Then we pull him up into the hallway while I run down to where he was originally standing (along with my group) and tank the murlocs there. The ranged dps stay on the ramp so they dps both Tidewalker and the murlocs without having to reposition.

As an example (a boring example):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi9s_z9pNTk
jere

Postby Tyaera » Tue May 20, 2008 9:16 pm

i tank the murlocs at the bottom of the ramp, tidewalker is tanked at the entrance to the hallway

easy way to take enough damage.

after the murlocs are on you, turn your back to them
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Cosmoz » Wed May 21, 2008 1:05 am

press "x" during tanking and you get a free mana pot!
Cosmoz

Postby Lowgrus » Wed May 21, 2008 8:00 am

I want to tank murlocs and him at the same time. I wont get watery tombed that way. I hate diong the standing away and healing the warlock thing because I like the AoE hitting him.

I'm thinking like all the healers and dps stand behind him in a corner. that way the murlocs will have to run through my concecrate. Only issue I could see or just thought of would be the murlocs eating my holy shield charges. Other than that I'm overgeared for it.

Anyone done?
Lowgrus

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 21, 2008 8:21 am

Lowgrus wrote:I want to tank murlocs and him at the same time. I wont get watery tombed that way. I hate diong the standing away and healing the warlock thing because I like the AoE hitting him.

I'm thinking like all the healers and dps stand behind him in a corner. that way the murlocs will have to run through my concecrate. Only issue I could see or just thought of would be the murlocs eating my holy shield charges. Other than that I'm overgeared for it.

Anyone done?

You will take a large number of crushes this way. Trust me. So if you are retardedly over geared go for it, but when I did it, it was an accident.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed May 21, 2008 8:33 am

Morpheren wrote:
Lowgrus wrote:I want to tank murlocs and him at the same time. I wont get watery tombed that way. I hate diong the standing away and healing the warlock thing because I like the AoE hitting him.

Anyone done?

You will take a large number of crushes this way. Trust me. So if you are retardedly over geared go for it, but when I did it, it was an accident.
Hm, crush chance is about 15%. Having murlocs around won't increase that =P He'll take as many crushings as a druid would. Maybe not because some charges will still go off tidewalker.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 21, 2008 8:35 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Morpheren wrote:

Anyone done?

Hm, crush chance is about 15%. Having murlocs around won't increase that =P He'll take as many crushings as a druid would. Maybe not because some charges will still go off tidewalker.

15% is still a "large number" compared to 0% which he'd likely take just MT'ing the boss.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Mordinm » Wed May 21, 2008 9:10 am

Keep in mind that it's 15% of swings that crush not 15% of hits. If you have high avoidance you might be seeing most of his unblocked hits crush.
Mordinm

Postby Rhiannon » Wed May 21, 2008 10:02 am

Sure, he'd be taking as many crushes as a druid would (or possibly slightly fewer), but each crush would hit for 2-3k more than it would hit a druid for due to the difference in armor. As Morpheren said, really not adviseable unless you and your healers are seriously overgeared.
Rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern