Maintaining threat on Maiden

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby corolla » Thu May 08, 2008 7:00 pm

I had problem holding agro before because my spelldamage was not high enough. Depending on the group that you taking you should up your spell damage with buffs and enchants.

At the beginning of the fight I throw AS, HS, Wings and rank 6 consecrate. Then through out the fight I mash on HS and lay some rank 3 consecrate to increase threat but conserve mana. Start off with Judgement of Crusader then switch to JoWisdom to get mana back.
corolla

Postby Makaijin » Thu May 08, 2008 7:50 pm

On this fight I tend to judge Crusader, and I tend to prioritise consecration over Holy Shield. Not really recommended if you or the healers are decently geared due to a chance of crushings.
Makaijin

Postby Lalecize » Thu May 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Tips:

Always have tanked maiden right from when i stepped into kara in blues.

1) Ret Aura. Free threat.
2) The start = Prep Seal of Rightousness pop Avenging Wrath > Toss your shield, Run at ther and Judge SoR as you run past her, cast Holy Shield.
While positioning her prep SoTC and land a consecrate > Judge SotC, and SoRif u get a chance.
3) Keep your consecrates coming, mash consecrate SoR/JoR and Holy Shield
4) Loot.

While posisitioning maiden, it usually gives you a few seconds threat lead as the rogues scamper to get behind her, and your DPS navigates the poles :D
Lalecize

Postby uke » Fri May 09, 2008 9:04 am

I usually main-tank Kara with either a druid or warrior as the other tank.

I have them do Maiden, while I throw on healing gear and play cleanse-bot.

Works very well.

If you have a warrior or druid available, you are far more useful having them do it while you take care of cleansing everyone, which frees up the healers from having to worry about it.
uke

Postby Cosmoz » Fri May 09, 2008 10:11 pm

I never bring a OT to kara, so I tank it all. never had a problem with maiden. considering all the silences on maiden, my threat should be a problem, but so faar it hasent. Im usualy at 450+ SD.
Cosmoz

Postby kremehild » Tue May 20, 2008 11:17 am

Somebody wrote about swapping Kings for Sanctuary. I was under the impression that Sanctuary always takes priority over Kings for the tank. Am I wrong?
kremehild

Postby Morpheren » Tue May 20, 2008 1:28 pm

kremehild wrote:Somebody wrote about swapping Kings for Sanctuary. I was under the impression that Sanctuary always takes priority over Kings for the tank. Am I wrong?

Not usually, Sanc is inversly proportional to your gear. This has been discussed a few hundred times over, but it comes down to BoSanc dmg reduction comes before any other mitigation.

1000 hit - 80 (from sanc) = 920 * 66% (armor + imp RF) - 300 (BV) = 307.2 dmg taken

1000 hit * 66% (armor + imp RF) - 300 (BV) = 360 dmg taken

Did i forget anything?

80 dmg taken off turns into 53 damage in the end.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Ashmadai » Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 pm

In terms of main tanking, you should never ever ever have sanctuary on unless you have kings on first.

As for tanking Maiden, I make my druid OT do it just because it annoys me having to smash my keys for 85 seconds while she gets dpsed down. I'd rather stand there and BoSac the Druid, heal a couple times, and click decursive 5 times then loot my badges.
Ashmadai

Postby Morpheren » Tue May 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Ashmadai wrote:In terms of main tanking, you should never ever ever have sanctuary on unless you have kings on first.

As for tanking Maiden, I make my druid OT do it just because it annoys me having to smash my keys for 85 seconds while she gets dpsed down. I'd rather stand there and BoSac the Druid, heal a couple times, and click decursive 5 times then loot my badges.

I usually tank her unless there isn't a holy paladin in the raid. If not I get the gear and BoS and heal repentances and cleanse. no need to make a kitty tank if you could tank.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Re: Maintaining threat on Maiden

Postby Rokh » Wed May 21, 2008 1:22 am

Ineedatan wrote: my guild doesn't seem to have much faith in Pally tanks in general

Here's your funny hat, secret hand shake, and the rec room is open from 9-11....

welcome to the club.

seriously though, on maiden... the secret the threat is MASH THOSE KEYS... your silenced for 1 second every 2 seconds... so you have to hit a button 3-5 times to make sure it goes off... really the silence doesnt matter, just make sure your spells go off.
Rokh

Postby Ashmadai » Wed May 21, 2008 5:31 am

I usually tank her unless there isn't a holy paladin in the raid. If not I get the gear and BoS and heal repentances and cleanse. no need to make a kitty tank if you could tank.

I have tanked her before, but on our Kara I literally tank everything else in the whole place solo except the druid does the 2nd red beam on spite. I even tank Moroes and his adds all at the same time. However, we literally kill Maiden in barely over a minute, and I'd rather have the Druid tank it because he can load threat more easily on her than I can, and I just be a cleanse bot. It's just faster for us in general.

Besides, I don't ever really get to heal so it's kind of fun for me to sling a few heals on the fight.
Ashmadai

Postby Bavarian » Wed May 21, 2008 10:56 am

I'm usually going in with wizard oil on.

Wings, frisbee, HS, JoR running past her, Consc as I'm positioning, at some point early in the fight I drop a JoC to increase the holy dmg during the fight.

Keeping HS up is my priority. I'm a clicker so when I see HS down or getting close, I start the mad click fest till it's up again, then click fest on Consc and JoR's, rinse, repeat, till she's dead.

Have a mana pot, health pot, lock health stone ready to go just in case. Should be a fairly simple fight depending on your healers.

And tell your DPS to give you a slight, warrior tank like head-start on the aggro.
Bavarian

Postby Betherton » Wed May 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Ashmadai wrote:

I have tanked her before, but on our Kara I literally tank everything else in the whole place solo except the druid does the 2nd red beam on spite. I even tank Moroes and his adds all at the same time. However, we literally kill Maiden in barely over a minute, and I'd rather have the Druid tank it because he can load threat more easily on her than I can, and I just be a cleanse bot. It's just faster for us in general.

With SmartDebuff, you can easily cleanse and tank at the same time. I agree that a Holy Paladin with BoS on the tank makes this fight easy. I'm not really sure what the problem is with this fight, it's like a 90 second fight (and I am by no means geared, or skilled).
Betherton

Postby Fierro » Fri May 23, 2008 9:47 am

I did SoV last week worked great I just told my raid look Just wait for 2 to 3 stacks then go all out and I didn't have a problem after that. It also helps if you have a hunter who md you and Does Aim shot and then 2 steady shots just incase your a little low.
Fierro

Postby dmok » Fri May 23, 2008 9:57 am

Fierro wrote:I did SoV last week worked great I just told my raid look Just wait for 2 to 3 stacks then go all out and I didn't have a problem after that. It also helps if you have a hunter who md you and Does Aim shot and then 2 steady shots just incase your a little low.

I hope you mean Aimed Shot, Arcane shot and then a Multi Shot
dmok

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan