Remove Advertisements

Panic! I maybe have to tank Kael!

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Panic! I maybe have to tank Kael!

Postby Andox » Tue May 20, 2008 4:46 am

So, our MT can´t come today and we have some tanks ready to take his place. It´s me, pretty good gear with some T5, some Hyjal loot, rest 2.3 and 2.4 badges. Then we have 2 feral druids, and one Warrior, but he isn´t that good geared. He doesn´t have that much T5 / T6 loot as me and the druids have, but he have Spell Reflect.

So, now it´s up to the officers on who will tank Kael, I´m a officer aswell, so I hope I can tell a few things. I would not like to have a feral tankign kael, since they can DPS in the end, while I can´t do a shit. So for me it´s good geared paladin vs. little worse geared warrior with spell reflect. But I´ve heard that Paladins can tank kael aswell, so it should be NP for us. Take in mind that this is our progress kill (Yes, we are lazy bastards)

My question is. How should I handle the Pyros? I know that I can get the Orange shield, I also know that I can DS one Pyro. But I have NO IDEA on what to do with the other Pyros, DS is 4min and shield is like 30 sec. So my only hope is the DPSers nuking the shield and kicking Kael in the nuts. Or can I do some other way? Like using Nightmare seed and PW:S and pray for a resist?

I´ve heard that the buff from the mace is good, 50% decreased dmg from Fire and Frost spells. Do this apply to the pyroblase or just to the fireball? And is it better to have a warrior with some worse gear, just since it´s a progress kill?

I would like to tank it infront of that warrior, because I don´t like his attitude, he talk behind my back about paladin tanks. That he doesn´t get raidspots because f me and so on. Stupidly he told that to our MT (who is a very good friend on mine) so I got to know it the seconds after he told me.

To conclusion, I would like to outtank that loseminded bastard on a pretty hard fight, even better since it´s a progressfight, a T5 endboss aswell and since the boss is firering huge pyros.

Thanks.
Andox

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 20, 2008 4:58 am

It boils down to whether spell reflect will be necessary or not

Does your DPS always manage to interrupt the second pyro?
If you survive the first, and bubble through the second(wait till it's close to finish casting), the third gets interrupted and all is good.

WIth the legendary mace buff, the pyro damage drops to about 24k.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Andox » Tue May 20, 2008 9:09 am

Snake-Aes wrote:It boils down to whether spell reflect will be necessary or not

If you survive the first, and bubble through the second(wait till it's close to finish casting), the third gets interrupted and all is good.

Our dps is very good, so it should be possible to do that way. But there is noway I will survive a 24k pyro ;) So I must pray to teh gods
Andox

Postby jere » Tue May 20, 2008 9:14 am

Andox wrote:

Our dps is very good, so it should be possible to do that way. But there is noway I will survive a 24k pyro ;) So I must pray to teh gods

Sure you can. Pick up some nightmare seeds and a trinket with a use of "increases health by ____"
jere

Re: Panic! I maybe have to tank Kael!

Postby Fridmarr » Tue May 20, 2008 9:49 am

Andox wrote:So, our MT can´t come today and we have some tanks ready to take his place. It´s me, pretty good gear with some T5, some Hyjal loot, rest 2.3 and 2.4 badges. Then we have 2 feral druids, and one Warrior, but he isn´t that good geared. He doesn´t have that much T5 / T6 loot as me and the druids have, but he have Spell Reflect.

So, now it´s up to the officers on who will tank Kael, I´m a officer aswell, so I hope I can tell a few things. I would not like to have a feral tankign kael, since they can DPS in the end, while I can´t do a shit. So for me it´s good geared paladin vs. little worse geared warrior with spell reflect. But I´ve heard that Paladins can tank kael aswell, so it should be NP for us. Take in mind that this is our progress kill (Yes, we are lazy bastards)

My question is. How should I handle the Pyros? I know that I can get the Orange shield, I also know that I can DS one Pyro. But I have NO IDEA on what to do with the other Pyros, DS is 4min and shield is like 30 sec. So my only hope is the DPSers nuking the shield and kicking Kael in the nuts. Or can I do some other way? Like using Nightmare seed and PW:S and pray for a resist?

I´ve heard that the buff from the mace is good, 50% decreased dmg from Fire and Frost spells. Do this apply to the pyroblase or just to the fireball? And is it better to have a warrior with some worse gear, just since it´s a progress kill?

I would like to tank it infront of that warrior, because I don´t like his attitude, he talk behind my back about paladin tanks. That he doesn´t get raidspots because f me and so on. Stupidly he told that to our MT (who is a very good friend on mine) so I got to know it the seconds after he told me.

To conclusion, I would like to outtank that loseminded bastard on a pretty hard fight, even better since it´s a progressfight, a T5 endboss aswell and since the boss is firering huge pyros.

Thanks.

Well your druid probably shouldn't tank kael since he can't use a shield. I've tanked kael for all of our kills, and we've always been able to interrupt his second cast after I used the shield on the first. He only attempts to cast pyro's twice before we get him to the next stage anyhow so the bubble would work one one series if needed.

I have more of a problem with threat on him, since he spends time casting and not swinging, and if your melee is also interrupting his fireballs, then you won't take much damage, so bring mana pots.

Yes the mace affects pyros, they normally hit for 50k, the mace cuts that in half. Even his normal fireballs hit for around 20k if you don't have the mace buff. So make sure you have that buff when his little transitions end, and before you pick him up for stage 4.

Your prot warrior should be using the dagger and removing mind control off of folks, you can't do that since you can't equip daggers and it's also pretty important.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Re: Panic! I maybe have to tank Kael!

Postby Andox » Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Well your druid probably shouldn't tank kael since he can't use a shield. I've tanked kael for all of our kills, and we've always been able to interrupt his second cast after I used the shield on the first. He only attempts to cast pyro's twice before we get him to the next stage anyhow so the bubble would work one one series if needed.

I have more of a problem with threat on him, since he spends time casting and not swinging, and if your melee is also interrupting his fireballs, then you won't take much damage, so bring mana pots.

Yes the mace affects pyros, they normally hit for 50k, the mace cuts that in half. Even his normal fireballs hit for around 20k if you don't have the mace buff. So make sure you have that buff when his little transitions end, and before you pick him up for stage 4.

Your prot warrior should be using the dagger and removing mind control off of folks, you can't do that since you can't equip daggers and it's also pretty important.

Thanks, I didn´t think about that he warrior could use the dagger. Thinking outside the box ftw!
Andox

Postby superworm » Wed May 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Andox wrote:

I never tanked Kael myself but I remember somebody saying that once the pyro serie starts Kael won't change his target. So you can safely bubble and avoid 3 pyros completely. And the pyro hits for less than 24k with the mace buff so you should be able to survive it with a nightmare seed and a PW:shield (and a fire protection potion if needed). If your DPS always fail to breach the shield within 8 seconds then bring a discipline priest and ask her to put surpression on you when your nightmare seed is on cooldown.
superworm

Return to Tempest Keep