Remove Advertisements

Easiest heroic? Easiest badges?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Catriona » Mon May 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Whitehope wrote:No one seems to like crypts that much. It seems to be the daily heroic on Dalaran at least 3 times a week, and everyone pretty much just skips it. Probably because it's only worth two badges.

Blame the bridge of doom. WTF thrown from one side of the bridge all the way off the other side, + inescapable death.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Mordinm » Mon May 19, 2008 2:06 pm

Crypts is just a pain all around. Big pulls of 4 to 6 mobs half of which you can't pre mark. Dps has to pay attention and get possesers down (A tall order for pug heroic dps). The second boss is laughably easy if you happen to bring a druid and warlock dps. If on the other hand you have a Pallidan healer in a melee heavy group it extremly hard with the bleed and casting time aura. The random agro on the elite skellies. All in all it's one of the more annoying heroics, for a grand total of 2 badges. If crypts is the daily that's 4 badges. Underbog, Mech, Bot, SH all give at least as many badges, more gear to shard or wear and are much easier. Crypts and Durnhold I think are last on my list of heroics I would do.
Mordinm

Postby Cearn » Mon May 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Durnholde got nerfed to grandma, just do it, it's easy going.
For crypts: It's actually an easy instance if your DPS ain't stupid. Any spawning mobs can be taken down fast by any dps (possessers have less than 1k health, even on heroic...) and after that it's medicore mobs without any mean moves. The only hard thing is the second boss, and he's only hard because people gotta move! I haven't ever seen any party wipe on that boss on anything else but the focused explosion... Oneshot the first boss and it's a fairly quick heroic (there simply is not much trash around). on the other hand, there's nothing dropping in there that's worth getting...
Cearn

Postby Whitehope » Mon May 19, 2008 7:00 pm

Ok, after running Crypts on heroic today, I can see why people don't want to go there. I think I got knocked off the bridge twice, and mc'd at least 5 times. Of course this was in a pug so the dps might not have been sharp enough.

Had melee that wouldn't pull back after getting bit a few times by the first boss, and they had no idea how to deal with the focus effect.

The bridge was the biggest aggravation regardless. Not enough good loot + 2 badges = not worth the time.
Whitehope

Postby Byzant » Tue May 20, 2008 12:38 am

Id say Botanica is best for time/badges, if you have good dps. Heroic mode almost feels like normal imho.
Byzant

Postby Fivelives » Tue May 20, 2008 1:00 am

The only problem with Bot is that there's a lot of magic damage being tossed around, and it's all tuned at heroic level. So unless you can eat 3-4 casters nuking for 3-4k each, bring CC or an extra healer. I had a metric TON of problems in H Bot until I thought to bring a second healer - 2 heals + 2 warlocks + tankadin = fun times in *any* instance, imo. 6 seeds of corruption setting each other off is just a glorious sight to see.

Also, the aoe/mana drain on the robots in the beginning of the instance can slow you down a bit. You really have to stack the group and rely a lot on CC if you're doing H Bot and are even a bit undergeared.

I'd have to echo SP and Mech as the easiest heroics. Mech can be a bit problematic on the demon pulls if you don't bring a lock along, but charged fist can be healed through as long as your melee is on the ball with getting out of it. Shat Halls is cake as well, but if you're undergeared, I still recommend the 2x healer 2x bomber setup.
Fivelives

Postby Cearn » Tue May 20, 2008 1:11 am

healing through a charged fist is hell a lot harder than healing any encounter in the botanica (except for the two pulls of four Satyrs each, maybe)...
Cearn

Postby mazater » Tue May 20, 2008 2:47 am

I've found heroic Slave Pens the most easiest, fastest and profitable place to run.

Maximum of 30minutes, 3 badges, good healing gems for my healing gear, CE reputation (I've been exalted for ages tho'), the items used to buy mana/hp potions for SSC, flowers if you're a herbalist, mines if you're a miner, one (usually locked) treasure chest.

And the mobs are easy to pewpew AoE if you have a decent tanking gear.
mazater

Postby Fivelives » Tue May 20, 2008 3:37 am

Cearn wrote:healing through a charged fist is hell a lot harder than healing any encounter in the botanica (except for the two pulls of four Satyrs each, maybe)...

Charged fist turns 2k hits into 3.5k hits. Compare that to the 3 caster pulls at the beginning of Bot.

I'm not saying that Bot isn't an easy instance, because it is - but not for a fresh 70 or someone that is undergeared.
Fivelives

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 20, 2008 4:55 am

Heroic bot "scales down" with good gear. Once you and the healer get the hps to survive 3k incoming dps, the first pulls are easymode.

Good dps means you'll kill the first boss before she spawn adds, you'll interrupt the mana drains, you'll kill the channelers before they even try to drain stuff(sometimes I don't even need to tank them), the second boss will hardly do the first Tranquility, Laj will be a joke, the satyrs will be a joke, Splinter will be a joke.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Tue May 20, 2008 5:14 am

Splinter with bad DPS is anything but a joke..... just as a side note. >_>
Levantine

Postby Fivelives » Tue May 20, 2008 5:38 am

Is Laj ever anything but a joke? That's like the miniature version of raid lootbags. Like "Congrats you made it this far". Especially coming after ThornGGrin.
Fivelives

Postby Frickit » Tue May 20, 2008 6:13 am

Crypts was my first heroic and it was so easy I was surprised because I had raid geared healing/dps. I got my fanblade pauldrons to start me off and I never went back. With a pug it just sux.

Ive found that Bot is indeed the easiest with very good heals and dps. If you have a weak healer its probably more efficient to farm badges in slave pens.
Frickit

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics