Remove Advertisements

Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Enkal » Mon May 19, 2008 3:01 am

Ahh thanks! I'll just tank her in my normal MT set then. :)
Enkal

Postby blish » Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 pm

These Forums have been great to read and btw Council down on our 6th try, is that about right?

Pally Tank's are good for Roque pick ups.
blish

Postby Enkal » Mon May 19, 2008 10:02 pm

Well, had 1½ hours on Council last night. 5 wipes to get the pull right... instagibbed mage lol.

I had 4 interrupters + 2 backup incase one died and they couldnt interrupt for shit. They did dps like mad and died to the shield. An enh shaman pulled aggro off me since I was taking it easy... :roll: Best attempt of the night was 80% I think.

Well we got tonight as well, should be doable with correct interrupts. Everything else worked fine. :)
Enkal

Postby Jappobra » Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 am

Same here, what a hell, the mage got instakilled 10/15 tries, so I told the priest CL that he should spec disciplin for Pain Suppresion.

The rogue tanking went fine, except he got spellimune once, spawned near the healers(really strange since I tank him far away from the raid), and resisted my taunt.
Jappobra

Postby Worldie » Tue May 20, 2008 5:38 am

Mh how can the mage get instagibbed? Just have him run in with BoP and spam spellsteal button, then pop MDs and such.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vandril » Tue May 20, 2008 7:02 am

As soon as somebody pulls the Council, the BE-Mage (dont rembember their names ... ) runs out of sight, so the mage tank is not able to cast spellsteal on the councilmember and get hit by an Arcane Bolt.

After 2 really bad tries, our feral pulled with BoP (he used his Catgear, while in bearform) and eat the first Arcane Bolt and survived it. The mage tank runs up to the BE-Mage, steals the buff and continues as usual.
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Janduin » Tue May 20, 2008 7:50 am

I don't understand...just use the mage to pull. My girlfriend (mage of course) does this for our guild, she counts down in vent, runs in and pulls with spellsteal followed by an instant cast. Meanwhile, I or another paladin BoP her a little after she gets to zero on her countdown. Priest and rogue tanks grab their targets as soon as the BoP hits, hunter MDs paladin onto our MT. Then you avoid standing in shit for 10 minutes.
Janduin

Postby Vandril » Tue May 20, 2008 8:24 am

Thats exactly, what we did for countless IDs.

But this week Zerevor didn't run toward the mage who was pulling, he just ran backwards and so out of sight for our magetank with no chance of for the mage to spellsteal the buff.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2142/750pxillidaricouncildx6.jpg

So we used a feral for the pull, but i have to agree, usually the mage is the best puller.
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Tekkel » Tue May 20, 2008 8:59 am

Weird, didn't have any issues this week and killed it first tap. The usual mage run in with bop on. Was funny that I tanked both the rogue and paladin for a bit because a certain bear didn't receive his MD :)
Tekkel

Postby Janduin » Tue May 20, 2008 9:35 am

Weird. If that happens again you could try to have your mage blink in with BoP on.
Janduin

Postby Base » Wed May 21, 2008 1:46 am

Vandril wrote:Thats exactly, what we did for countless IDs.

But this week Zerevor didn't run toward the mage who was pulling, he just ran backwards and so out of sight for our magetank with no chance of for the mage to spellsteal the buff.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/2142/750pxillidaricouncildx6.jpg

So we used a feral for the pull, but i have to agree, usually the mage is the best puller.

We had exactly the same start happening last night - meaning instagibb on the mage (mage + priest nuked him) on 4 pulls in a row. We ended up doing an imp pull with BoP on the priest - which seemed to work.

Half an hour of dodging AoEs later we got our first kill on the council and got to see the Big Fella himself :D
Base

Postby hopps » Sat May 24, 2008 10:42 am

yes I think he started doing this from the new patch, our mage runs in with bop and blinks/spellsteals to get within range, have only seen him instagibbed once due to the spellsteal bug.
hopps

Postby Squishums » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:20 pm

Killed mother tonight and went to play with council for a bit. Tanks were a warrior a druid and myself (a paladin obviously =P).

RL wanted me to tank the paladin, druid on rogue, and warrior on priest. I did ok, I had a large lead in threat and never died before my healers, but is the optimal mob for me to tank?

I felt I was taking kind of alot of dmg :|

And moving out of concecrate was tricky.
Squishums

Postby Rehlachs- » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:48 am

Squishums wrote:RL wanted me to tank the paladin, druid on rogue, and warrior on priest. I did ok, I had a large lead in threat and never died before my healers, but is the optimal mob for me to tank?

I felt I was taking kind of alot of dmg :|

And moving out of concecrate was tricky.

let me put it this way.. keep in mind that your melee dps is kind of stupid.
at first, your melees might mistake your own consecration for Gathios' consecration and therefore they will run away..

on the other hand, some really smart melees might mistake Gathios' consecration with yours..

it's definitly doable.. but you might confuse your fellow raiders when dropping consecration >.<
and paladins are kind of perfect for picking up Veras
Rehlachs-

Postby Slamdorff » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:12 am

Would somebody please help me with the correct macro for this fight. I was thinking to target Veras, JoR, throw Decapitator then cast RD.

This should get him to me somehow. Is this a bad idea?
I only tried to tank priest and would like to hear opinions.

And most of all get the correct macro, as I'm really bad at writing them:)

Cheers,

Slam
Slamdorff

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple