Eagle Boss Gauntlet

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Eagle Boss Gauntlet

Postby sapientialb » Fri May 16, 2008 8:21 am

Last night two of our guildies came to me with an idea they found /somewhere/ on the internetz a method to pull the Tempest and the pair of elites next to him with an imp along the back side of the cliff so they jump straight down.

Basically you end up with no bird or warrior spawns because the tempest is dead before you start up the ramp.

It worked but it kinda felt a little dirty/exploitive. Anyone read about this?

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Morpheren » Fri May 16, 2008 9:10 am

I usually dont try to do anything even close to an exploit, i like my account.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 am

Exploitive exploits are exploitive.

Enjoy a ban if you keep doing that :/
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby antiy4ho0 » Fri May 16, 2008 11:36 am

Besides, things like the gauntlet are the best way to show off us Prot Pallies :D
antiy4ho0

Postby Seloei » Sat May 17, 2008 2:51 am

if your going for the timed box you wont get more than 2 packs of eagles unless your dps is slow. That means 2 more elites to aoe down later. Keep moving fast, MC the lookout and start and profit. The only difference with the exploit you said is the chance of getting banned and "maybe" avoiding one eagle pack.
The gauntlet is easy enough with a prot pala + good dps + warrior/feral
Seloei

Re: Eagle Boss Gauntlet

Postby ehly » Sat May 17, 2008 3:42 am

sapientialb wrote:Last night two of our guildies came to me with an idea they found /somewhere/ on the internetz a method to pull the Tempest and the pair of elites next to him with an imp along the back side of the cliff so they jump straight down.

Basically you end up with no bird or warrior spawns because the tempest is dead before you start up the ramp.

It worked but it kinda felt a little dirty/exploitive. Anyone read about this?

Some of the side za groups that don't care about the timers do this trick, but with a hunter. I've been on a couple runs where they try it. It actually quite slow, and goes south very quickly if done wrong.

I certainly prefer just aoe tanking it all like normal.
ehly

Postby mazater » Mon May 19, 2008 1:16 am

The gauntlet is easy enough with a decent geared prot paladin, no need for exploits, unless you're going to aim for hyperfast bear run.
mazater

Postby Lookit » Mon May 19, 2008 2:56 pm

I've obviously always run the gauntlet with a prot paladin (myself) and it goes fast enough that I wouldn't really bother trying to exploit it. (Tanked my first successful bear run this clear! ^.^ )

But I happened to run it on my rogue alt the other day, with two warriors tanking and only one mage for AoE. It was ridiculous, we had easily 20 birds up at one time, and one very dead mage.

If you didn't have a pally tank in your group, I could see wanting to bypass the gauntlet adds (not that this means you should exploit). But with one, it's a pretty moot point.
Lookit

Postby plisken451 » Mon May 19, 2008 4:32 pm

I saw this for the first time yesterday on my resto shammy. Two prot warriors, ftl. Took waaaaaay longer to get the warlock clued in on what they wanted him to do than it would've to just run the stupid gauntlet. ZA without a tankadin is just askin' for it.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby superworm » Thu May 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Get on your mount, run through the mobs and gather on the left platform facing the boss. DI or soulstone some healer beforehand. After the brief wipe you can start resurrecting and prepare the battle from killing the tempest.

Prior to patch 2.4.1, this strategy will make the tempest dissappear, which seems somewhat exploitive. However you will have to fight the tempest under the current version.[/code]
superworm

Postby Seloei » Thu May 22, 2008 11:29 pm

have you tried that? Last i checked if you do that you will get eagles still and the healer who was "Saved" that way will die from them. Not to mention you will still have to go back and kill all the elites or they come running in when you are going after the eagle.
If your a prot pala... and you are doing the gauntlet... why the frak make it harder? It's easy enough unless you have crappy healers/dps.
Seloei

Postby superworm » Fri May 23, 2008 2:59 am

Seloei wrote:have you tried that? Last i checked if you do that you will get eagles still and the healer who was "Saved" that way will die from them. Not to mention you will still have to go back and kill all the elites or they come running in when you are going after the eagle.
If your a prot pala... and you are doing the gauntlet... why the frak make it harder? It's easy enough unless you have crappy healers/dps.

When we first start our zul'aman runs, we are still T4/kara geared with even some blues, and that can save us much trouble.

I'm pretty sure that you can avoid the eagles and engage the tempest alone, not to mention prior to patch 2.4.2 when you are resurrecting your party the tempest will dissappear. Yes you will get into combat when the scout run up the ladders during your resurrection, but just stand still and after the scout disappears you are out of combat again.
superworm

Postby Pane » Fri May 23, 2008 4:14 am

superworm wrote:
Seloei wrote:have you tried that? Last i checked if you do that you will get eagles still and the healer who was "Saved" that way will die from them. Not to mention you will still have to go back and kill all the elites or they come running in when you are going after the eagle.

When we first start our zul'aman runs, we are still T4/kara geared with even some blues, and that can save us much trouble.

I'm pretty sure that you can avoid the eagles and engage the tempest alone, not to mention prior to patch 2.4.2 when you are resurrecting your party the tempest will dissappear. Yes you will get into combat when the scout run up the ladders during your resurrection, but just stand still and after the scout disappears you are out of combat again.

The first time I went into ZA with my handful of karazhan purps and even some greenies, we (a casual as-all-hell guild where I even outgear some) nailed the gauntlett in one go. It gets a bit chaotic but I found the depression room in BWL a LOT harder to get right. :)
Pane

Postby plisken451 » Sun May 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Pane wrote:It gets a bit chaotic but I found the depression room in BWL a LOT harder to get right. :)

Suppression Room. But your typo fits just fine.
ImageRetired

Mirraluun - Asmodian Chanter - Fregion Server - Eated by hackers
plisken451

Postby Pane » Mon May 26, 2008 9:23 am

plisken451 wrote:
Pane wrote:It gets a bit chaotic but I found the depression room in BWL a LOT harder to get right. :)

Suppression Room. But your typo fits just fine.

wasn't a typo, was a pun that we used in our guild :)
Pane

Next

Return to Zul'aman