Remove Advertisements

Tankadins, I require your support in a real life endeavor!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Tankadins, I require your support in a real life endeavor!

Postby Chevy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:30 am

Hey everyone,

This is totally off topic from WoW and paladin tanking, but I manage an indie rapper in real life, Grieves. (http://www.myspace.com/grieves)

We're in a contest to get onto the Lollapalooza 2008 lineup this year, and in order to move to the next rounds, we need votes over the internet!

It only takes about 30 seconds to vote. Just click the link they send you and you're done! They shouldn't send you spam either.

http://www.sonicbids.com/lollapalooza08 ... te_id=3959

Thanks for your support!
Chevy

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 19, 2008 8:33 am

What if we don't like rap.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Chevy » Mon May 19, 2008 8:35 am

Do it anyway! :D
Chevy

Postby Catriona » Mon May 19, 2008 10:02 am

Sabindeus wrote:What if we don't like rap.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Elvidnir » Mon May 19, 2008 10:08 am

I don't like rap, chevrolets, or chevy chase.

Sorry you had to draw the short straw. :\
Elvidnir

Postby Levantine » Mon May 19, 2008 10:09 am

So, does anyone else here think that Rap fails to qualify as music?

I'd like to support you, I really would, but I can't bring myself to do anything that promote Rap. :(
Levantine

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 10:21 am

Levantine wrote:So, does anyone else here think that Rap fails to qualify as music?

I'd like to support you, I really would, but I can't bring myself to do anything that promote Rap. :(

Rap, is not music.

Hip hop, depends on the band. Jurassic5 is awesome, but there is also some craptastic stuff out there.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Chevy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:23 am

I can argue it either way. For instance, if someone plays all the instruments and dubs them together to make a song, then raps over it (as opposed to singing) or sings AND raps over it, does it make it not music?

What if it's a mix of samples taken from other artists and music the artist has made on their own?

I hated hip hop my entire life, just never really got into it until about two years ago. The indie scene is a lot better than most of what you get in the mainstream. It's the cliche' response, but it's not about guns, graffiti and destroying shit anymore.

There's a song you can stream from the page where you vote, you can decide if you like it or not! :D
Chevy

Postby Chevy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 am

I should say, I call it rap, but we are classified better under hip hop, new soul, and maybe R&B sometimes.

For instance, the I Ate Your Soul song is hard to classify as anything but indie, it's on the myspace @ http://www.myspace.com/grieves.
Chevy

Postby Morpheren » Mon May 19, 2008 10:25 am

Chevy wrote:I can argue it either way. For instance, if someone plays all the instruments and dubs them together to make a song, then raps over it (as opposed to singing) or sings AND raps over it, does it make it not music?

What if it's a mix of samples taken from other artists and music the artist has made on their own?

I hated hip hop my entire life, just never really got into it until about two years ago. The indie scene is a lot better than most of what you get in the mainstream. It's the cliche' response, but it's not about guns, graffiti and destroying shit anymore.

There's a song you can stream from the page where you vote, you can decide if you like it or not! :D

yeah, dont get me wrong, i listen to ICP. i'm not opposed to RAP in general, but 99% of the time its either 1) somebody trying to act harder than they are, cause they've grown up in the suburbs or 2) just horrible music.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Dorvan » Mon May 19, 2008 10:27 am

Spamming self-promotion on completely unrelated websites ftl. The least you could've done is post it in the Asylum.

P.S. PM me now for info on good mortgage rates, enlargement pills, and credit relief.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Chevy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:29 am

Spamming self-promotion on completely unrelated websites ftl. The least you could've done is post it in the Asylum.

Well, I figured it would be ok in General chat >< and I browse this site everyday so I figured what the hell. Not trying to spam, homie.
Chevy

Postby Dorvan » Mon May 19, 2008 10:30 am

Well, I figured it would be ok in General chat >< and I browse this site everyday so I figured what the hell. Not trying to spam, homie.

I'm not your homie.

(curmudgeon Dorvan is a curmudgeon)

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 19, 2008 10:33 am

Dorvan wrote:

I'm not your homie.

(curmudgeon Dorvan is a curmudgeon)

I hereby start a petition to give Dorvan his moderator status for the General forum back so he can lock threads like this.

(curmudgeon Sabin is also a curmudgeon)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dorvan » Mon May 19, 2008 10:34 am

Sabindeus wrote:I hereby start a petition to give Dorvan his moderator status for the General forum back so he can lock threads like this.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do not tempt me with such power.

/em gets back to work

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General