Remove Advertisements

Merciless for tanking shoulders

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Merciless for tanking shoulders

Postby Ethos » Fri May 16, 2008 7:55 pm

I was wondering if http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31996 socketted with defence or stam would be a decent tanking piece, spite is a prick and never drops shoulders for me.

Thanks
Ethos

Postby Mehnalas » Fri May 16, 2008 8:05 pm

seems you'd be better of with blue tanking shoulders. Whenever I see a tank in welfare epics I run the other way quickly assuming every hit is going to land on him.
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Postby Eaglestrike » Fri May 16, 2008 8:27 pm

I probably would/should upgrade to those but I'm pretty much just lazy and hopeful ZA will get me my shoulders. IMO they're an upgrade over the ones from Laj so until you can get epic tanking plate those aren't too bad, IMO. The armor/stam bonus' should more than make up for the loss of defense over the righteous shoulders. So go for it if you have the honor/arena points to spare.
Eaglestrike

Postby roosevelt » Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm

I used these for a while when I had bad luck with the spaulders of dementia from heroic sethekk. They are quite a stam, armor, and spell damage upgrade over d3 shoulders. If you don't need avoidance or defense they're a good filler untill you get real tanking shoulders.

I still use them in heroics on occasion but I plan to use them for my resistance set with 2 void spheres and the 7 resist all enchant.
roosevelt

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice