Remove Advertisements

Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Neuron » Fri May 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Well, if you bother to run to the opposite side of where felmyst is in the air, and avoid just standing the middle, you greatly reduce the chances of the box LOGGING YOU OUT, DELETING YOUR CHARACTER, BEATING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU, AND HAVING SEX WITH YOUR MOM.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Amran20 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:44 pm

On a humorous note, on one of our attempts, I got MC'd by the Fog of Doom. I told my guild to kill me, because I was owning face in there with consecrate. Well, my MC was pretty smart, because it used LoH. My combat log didn't catch it, but the end result was an epic LoH for 431,205. Isn't that just sexy?

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Cakes » Thu May 15, 2008 12:20 am

Neuron wrote:Well, if you bother to run to the opposite side of where felmyst is in the air, and avoid just standing the middle, you greatly reduce the chances of the box LOGGING YOU OUT, DELETING YOUR CHARACTER, BEATING THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOU, AND HAVING SEX WITH YOUR MOM.

Stupid healers have found that this box has it's own gravitational force. Other members of the raid have noticed it's laughter inducing properties. As raid leader, any mention of this box results in severe pain as my head collides with the table.
Cakes

Postby Lave » Thu May 15, 2008 5:37 am

can corrosion be resisted? does the felmyst tank require nature resi equipment?
Lave

Postby Gerilith » Thu May 15, 2008 5:54 am

Lave wrote:can corrosion be resisted?

No idea.
does the felmyst tank require nature resi equipment?

Full boss tanking gear is just fine. Having much more dmgin because of one ability (in P2 the beams and vapor can be avoided) does not make much sense imho.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Neuron » Thu May 15, 2008 6:12 am

Corrosion is like stomp. Tank healers uprank, tank pops a trinket, maybe the offtank (if its a warrior) intervenes once. It only lasts about 10 seconds. You will extremely rarely see a 8k hit followed by a 16k cleave, but if healers are upranking and spamming its pretty easy to heal a t6 geared tank on this fight. Corrosion is not the hard part of this fight, just more of a retard check on the tank healers and the tank.
Neuron

Postby Afraithe » Thu May 15, 2008 6:28 am

If they healed on Brutallus, I would guess the retard check has been completed. Always a blast to see some healer keep healing you even tho the other tank taunted 10 secs ago.
Afraithe

Postby Splug » Thu May 15, 2008 9:54 am

Lave wrote:can corrosion be resisted?

I have not resisted one yet, but the only resistance I use is MotW.
does the felmyst tank require nature resi equipment?

No. Her physical damage is sufficient that it seems like a bad idea, and the aura/gas are definitely unresistable. Far as I can tell, the only thing that gets 'resisted' here is mass dispel. Which is really lame in pve.

On an unrelated note: if warlocks get mind controlled, make sure your resto druids drop treeform...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Sechs » Fri May 16, 2008 7:47 am

As far as i know blizzard dident want this to be a resist fight so they made all the magic dmg unresistable.
Sechs

Postby Mithos » Sat May 17, 2008 4:36 am

On a side note, we have had DPSers at 100-129% threat, and she ALWAYS came straight back to our warrior MT when she lands every time. It's quite weird given what people have been saying about being below 100%.

Progression on her was going quite well, 52% on 3rd night or something but summer slackness has kicked in early :(.
Mithos

Postby Morganim » Sat May 17, 2008 8:58 am

Mithos wrote:Progression on her was going quite well, 52% on 3rd night or something but summer slackness has kicked in early :(.

where getting that to

except its winterin australia.

I think people are realising its getting close to xpac and are starting to almost give up with end game content, like now where seriously needing to recruit again and our server has been bled dry
Morganim

Postby Cakes » Sat May 17, 2008 11:04 am

Mithos wrote:On a side note, we have had DPSers at 100-129% threat, and she ALWAYS came straight back to our warrior MT when she lands every time. It's quite weird given what people have been saying about being below 100%.

Progression on her was going quite well, 52% on 3rd night or something but summer slackness has kicked in early :(.

Depending on where you tank her, make sure your casters are not anywhere near where she paths back to the MT. The ranged dps threshold is quite a bit smaller when they're suddenly in melee range, and she will turn and eat them. Also, she tends to target whoever she's going for right as she finishes her last breath and is moving to her drop out of the sky position, so you have a pretty good idea of if you have to bop someone.
Cakes

Postby Amran20 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:02 am

Damn, 6% on the last attempt of night 3 of learning. Almost got the bitch. Oh well, she dies Sunday, box or no box.

Edit by Amran on Monday: I didn't lie. After 5 solid attempts on Sunday, she bit it. Onward to the Twins!
Last edited by Amran20 on Mon May 19, 2008 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Neuron » Mon May 19, 2008 6:33 am

Amran20 wrote:Damn, 6% on the last attempt of night 3 of learning. Almost got the bitch. Oh well, she dies Sunday, box or no box.

If you got to 6% you pretty much beat the fight. Just a matter of keeping people up on the next attempt through the monotony of mass dispel, running from encapsulate, running from green lazer beams of doom, and following the dude calling out where to run during air phase. If people are dying early, focus on fixing who screwed up.

Also, for the last 1%, have the MT run to the opposite side of the area and have DPS go all out ignoring threat for the last 10-15% while felmyst is in the air. Try and have 2nd on threat far away from the tank and bop them. You buy a solid 10-20 seconds of extra deeps which should drop the last 1%, provided you do not get an early gas nova.
Neuron

Postby Splug » Mon May 19, 2008 10:23 am

Mithos wrote:On a side note, we have had DPSers at 100-129% threat, and she ALWAYS came straight back to our warrior MT when she lands every time. It's quite weird given what people have been saying about being below 100%.
She continues to target the tank as she lands, meaning normal threat-pull rules are in effect. What you need to watch for is people being in the 111-129% range, and having her run past them on the way to the MT. If your warlock with 120% threat's agro pull point suddenly falls to 110% due to being in melee range, he is dragonfood.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau