Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - High Warlord Naj'entus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Frank » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:52 am

Jensaarai wrote:
Frank wrote:
Worldie wrote:It's a very bad idea unless u got only ferals in raid. The feral should go dps while prot should tank on this fight.

We usually handle raids with just me and a druid. Often times the only warrior we bring is DPS specced.

So you think the crushings are a big enough deal that I am clearly the better tank for this encounter?

Warriors are good, Commanding Shout + Demo + TC + Sunders :O :/

One warrior can do it all! We usually have our DPS warrior on shouts, TC and sunder duty.
Frank

Postby Elennira » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 pm

re: the 1% per whatever seconds he heals whilst in the shield

is this affected by things like MS or wounding poison?
Elennira

Postby sanctifico » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:02 am

Yes, its effected by MS(if you have a reliable warrior), not sure if its possible with wound.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:21 am

Wound poison does affect it
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lev » Wed May 14, 2008 2:46 am

Since we are short on everything right now (including tanks), our raidleader let me tank him. He hits me for about 4-5k, which is not that much but i would not say that "he hits like a girl" either.
Also he hits pretty slow, so holy shield was not used up at all.

Finally, i got plenty of damage, not letting my mana bar go down. I popped stoneshield potions for the whole fight duration to mitigate some more damage, still had a full manabar most of the time.

Anyway... i had some bad tps problems :-/

My Armory
WWS on that fight (on the other try i also spammed conc, but it is now showing lol)
Lev

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2008 3:10 am

If you had TPS problems to shadowpriests, don't worry, it's quite normal.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lev » Wed May 14, 2008 3:27 am

No, there where several dds need to hold back on dps. Warlocks, mages... don't remember exactly, but it was like at least 5 people.
Did not have those problems on other bosses i tanked, yet
Lev

Postby Splug » Wed May 14, 2008 9:50 am

The only time his tank damage starts to get threatening is during those little minienrages. He'll yell something about warmbloods dieing, and then his attack speed/damage jump for a bit. It's not bad, but it's fast enough to punch through a warrior's shield block and score a crush if they get dicescrewed. I still doubt it'd consume all the charges on holy shield. The main thing is to make sure healers don't fall asleep during the easy non-enraged slow swings and then get caught off guard when he starts doing decent damage.

-Splug
EDIT: I can spell my name, really I can.
Last edited by Splug on Wed May 14, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 am

Ahh good old Oomjentus. If you think he's hard to tank now, imagine full tier 6 and running oom on him.

If your DPS are threat capped, you should be getting Wrath of Air.

If you're not really in danger of dying, use Destruction potions instead of iron shields. Try to add in Avenger's Shield if you have a dodge-proc up.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Najentus is in fact one of the bosses who scores critical hits on me quite often.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby strydaris » Wed May 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Worldie wrote:Najentus is in fact one of the bosses who scores critical hits on me quite often.

I hope you mean crushing blows?!?! Cause if you mean crit then I think you need more defense. :P
strydaris

Postby Morpheren » Wed May 14, 2008 1:16 pm

strydaris wrote:
Worldie wrote:Najentus is in fact one of the bosses who scores critical hits on me quite often.

I hope you mean crushing blows?!?! Cause if you mean crit then I think you need more defense. :P

I hope this is sarcasm... i mean ":P" is pretty fucking sarcastic... but you never know
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby strydaris » Wed May 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Clearly was sarcasm. Pretty sure anyone else could tell by just lookin at Worldi's sig... 548 defense.

EDIT: damn... totally forgot you were talkin about the sitting to get crit for mana back. Now I kinda feel stupid.
Last edited by strydaris on Wed May 14, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strydaris

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2008 1:32 pm

No, i meant what i said, i almost smash my X key on that fight.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lev » Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 am

Elsie wrote:Ahh good old Oomjentus. If you think he's hard to tank now, imagine full tier 6 and running oom on him.

If your DPS are threat capped, you should be getting Wrath of Air.

If you're not really in danger of dying, use Destruction potions instead of iron shields. Try to add in Avenger's Shield if you have a dodge-proc up.

I'll stay on stoneshield potions! xD
Also i will ask for a shaman next time, yeah!

Besides that, i'm not sure if it would be andy good to go for some hit rating on my gear since i used to tank trash mobs or boss adds. I always think, only spell hit would help on gaining more tps after a certain point of spelldmg is reached. (im slightly above 500 now with fortitute flask - above 600 with shaman)
Lev

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple