Remove Advertisements

how long does kara take you?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Nich » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:35 am

The group I've gone with for the past two weeks has cleared it in 3.5 hours, each time (excluding the animal boss).

Warrior MT, I OT. Enh shaman, one rogue, a dps warrior or another rogue rounds off the melee group. Ranged group is usually a holy priest, a holy pally, mage, warlock, and another pally who will spec ret or holy, depending on how good the other holy pally's gear is.

We basically chain pull and unless we're prepping for a boss, buff on the fly rather than making everyone stop to wait.
Nich

Postby Liadrin » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:22 am

Basically, as been said, it's about not wasting too much time between pulls and people knowing what they're doing. Oh, and not wiping. No sitting around too long, distributing loot, either. Either do quick rolls for the gear or just have people need if they need.

All the aforementioned stuff adds at least an hour to the run.
Liadrin

Postby meepsalot » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:37 am

Our group usually clears kara in 4-5 hours now. The key for us is chain pulling, with the warrior and me alternating pulls on smaller packs. Basically, if a mob is <30% health, the next pull should be happening.

Most of the time the healers have plenty of mana, and the dps who are low can just sit out for the next pull and regen. Our fastest clears are when we take the bosses in order as we run through the instance - taking out nightbane and illhoof along the way.
meepsalot

Postby elson » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Mortehl wrote:
elson wrote: The keys are people focusing, the ability to chain pull trash safely

We tend to shackle or otherwise crowd controll as little as possible, and then if there is one mob left being tanked and one shackled the offtank will break and tank the shackle to speed things up.

We call this "Pulling at the Speed of Entertainment" in our guild 8)

It usually involves one of the tanks saying, "Can I pull yet? Yes Okay, incoming!"

>D

Our MT likes to pull while i'm drinking and at half mana or so without warning me sometimes...now that's entertainment. I chug more mana pots while clearing kara trash then I ever did or will while healing. WTB old spiritual attunement.
Zeal without wisdom is folly

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ll&n=Elson
elson

Postby Anuji » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:01 am

starting is about 7pm.. ending somewhat after 10pm (getting prince down after about 3 1/2h)
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... ck&n=Anuji
Hope it's understandable what i'm sayin' :D
Anuji

Previous

Return to Karazhan