Felsteel Shield Spike and latest patch

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Felsteel Shield Spike and latest patch

Postby Discus » Thu May 15, 2008 8:25 am

I'm a lvl 375 Blacksmith but a long way from exalted with Honor Hold to get pattern for felsteel shield spike for my lichen guard.

Can I get another smith to attach it to my shield? I've tried many many times to spam trade channel for it, even offering silly tips, but all I get is confused responses saying it's BoP only available to those with exalted etc.

However, I noticed after the patch last night Thorium Shield Spikes appeared in the AH for the first time and I've seen a couple of posts in forums suggesting that after the latest patch the felsteel spike may no longer be BoP too?
Discus

Postby guillex » Thu May 15, 2008 8:29 am

Yes, you can have another BS attach it... Looking at wowhead: the plans are BoP, but there is nothing about BoE or BoP on the item itself. But it does require a BS to attach it.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Discus » Thu May 15, 2008 8:50 am

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a smith on my realm able or willing to attach it to my shield, so I'm hoping the following is correct and I'll now simple be able to buy it from the AH once the smiths realise they can now sell ir for profit.

From Wowhead comments:

2.4.2 PTR patch notes:

Items that enchant other items no longer have tradeskill requirements
(Mithril Spurs, Shield Spikes, Weapon Chains, etc.).
Discus

Postby Worldie » Thu May 15, 2008 9:20 am

*hint*
Paladin + Shattered Halls
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 9:22 am

Worldie wrote:*hint*
Paladin + Shattered Halls

lol, exalted with thrallmar/HH shouldn't even really be an issues for any tankadin, or warlock friend of said tankadin.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Discus » Thu May 15, 2008 9:46 am

Yea-a-know 'bout SH, I'm after the Figurine of Colossus too (6 kills no luck yet). But my guild now only run heroics and they are getting fed-up with getting to gauntlet-of-fire bit and wiping so now prefer easier badge runs. I will reach exalted asap, but in mean time I'd like to get felsteel spike to farm supplicants.
Discus

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 am

Discus wrote:Yea-a-know 'bout SH, I'm after the Figurine of Colossus too (6 kills no luck yet). But my guild now only run heroics and they are getting fed-up with getting to gauntlet-of-fire bit and wiping so now prefer easier badge runs. I will reach exalted asap, but in mean time I'd like to get felsteel spike to farm supplicants.

the trick to the gauntlet, so to run all the way to the 4 mobs at the end, picking stuff up along the way, chug a pot if you get low, and tell your healer to be ready with a heal when you lay down consecrate. I usually try to do the gauntlet i one pull, but if the healer is a little weak i do it in 2, trying to only let 1 of the mobile packs spawn.
Morpheren

Postby Kelaan » Thu May 15, 2008 10:38 am

Discus wrote:But my guild ... now prefers easier badge runs. I will reach exalted asap, but in mean time I'd like to get felsteel spike to farm supplicants.

So PUG it.

/4 Protection paladin looking to do 45-minute reputation runs in Shattered Halls. LF 1 healer and 3 DPS.

Whisper people in the LFM window, etc. Hell, I'd say the ideal group is:

healer
prot paladin
warlock
mage (or another warlock? lol)
either another prot paladin (for alternating chain-pulls) or a shaman for spelldamage totem. ;)

Mark a skull, and let them do AOE once the skull is dead. Should be very fast. A shaman for a spelldamage totem would also rock.

I guarantee you that this will work JUST FINE even if you had no AOE classes. I'd do it with 3 DPS warriors, even. (Well, whirlwind is AOE ... ;)) The only hard part is the first boss's whirlwind phase, and your DPS has to run away from the end boss before he plays pinball.

I tend to do the heroic gauntlet in ~2 waves so as to avoid OOM-ness. I stop and tank down the first big wave of multiples that comes in (about mid-gauntlet), and then drink and take it to the ending group of four (which is where I will usually end up using a potion of some variety).
Kelaan

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 15, 2008 10:42 am

Gauntlet is easymode
1: Tell everyone to not engage in combat, not buff, not heal, not anything, just run a little far from you
2: pull as many as you're comfortable with. Rune of Warding absorbs some damage. Blessing of freedom is op here.
3: Consecrate, pewpew, repeat.

Usually you do the gauntlet in 2 pulls, the last one already including Porung.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 10:47 am

Whats everyone times LEFT on the debuff when you pull Kargath? I usually sit about 37-33 minutes. . . (well in my old guild, dps was hot shit 1500 spell dmg ele shammy and 1300 warlocks x2 = pwnt)
Morpheren

Re: Felsteel Shield Spike and latest patch

Postby Kelaan » Thu May 15, 2008 11:54 am

Discus wrote:I'm a lvl 375 Blacksmith but a long way from exalted with Honor Hold to get pattern for felsteel shield spike for my lichen guard.

Can I get another smith to attach it to my shield? I've tried many many times to spam trade channel for it, even offering silly tips, but all I get is confused responses saying it's BoP only available to those with exalted etc.

I forgot to add ... if you're a blacksmith, can't you still add a spike which someone else made on your own shield? Or did they recently change that to be different? Get someone to make it, via mail order if necessary, and you can very likely add it yourself.
Kelaan

Postby Aedolfmawini » Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 pm

I think you are confused. You have been able to buy shield spikes on AH for a long long time (maybe always). I've kept a few in my bank in case I found a use for one. I always used to just find a random BS to stick it on my shield for me. I do believe they've removed that requirement now, though, so anyone should be able to attach them.
Aedolfmawini

Postby Nagilum » Thu May 15, 2008 12:52 pm

I usually run heroic SH in about 45 minutes. My best time is 40 minutes with a mage, elemental shaman, and ret pally iirc. Sanctity aura usually means you top the damage charts till the first boss, and stay above single target DPS for the entire instance.
Nagilum

Postby guillex » Thu May 15, 2008 12:59 pm

Nagilum wrote:I usually run heroic SH in about 45 minutes. My best time is 40 minutes with a mage, elemental shaman, and ret pally iirc. Sanctity aura usually means you top the damage charts till the first boss, and stay above single target DPS for the entire instance.

You 4manned heroic SH?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Guillex wrote:
Nagilum wrote:I usually run heroic SH in about 45 minutes. My best time is 40 minutes with a mage, elemental shaman, and ret pally iirc. Sanctity aura usually means you top the damage charts till the first boss, and stay above single target DPS for the entire instance.

You 4manned heroic SH?

healdpsLOLwut?

i'm sure he implies he had a healer that kept everyone alive, who cares what class.
Morpheren

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents