Whole lotta threat?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Whole lotta threat?

Postby Suwabara » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:59 pm

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?000000000000000000000532513350002122015010523500000230000000000

I know about the fact paladins don't need threat, but instead more mitigation. The thing is after the point I took pretty much all the mitigation talents, I decided to see how far you could go for just pure threat generation. I mean paladins already generate a nutty amount of threat as is so I figured what if I could generate the max I could without dropping mitigation. The only real talent I didn't tank, that I could have was imp devotion aura and a few other talents that just never seem to work out well for me. Stocism has been terrible for me and imp HoJ still doesn't let me use it twice a fight.

I don't know though, this isn't my actual build (I'm 42/19 misclicked a point in holy grrr and it's because we have too many tanks not enough healers), I still think it'd be fun to try out and see how much threat you could dish out. Reasoning for that would be more threat = more damage the raid could do which would mean less strain on your healers to keep you up and faster boss fights. Sure there are some fights, where armor is at a premium and you can't go with ret aura and balls out threat.

Gotta go, gonna edit when I get home from school.
Suwabara

Postby Dreamcrusher » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:26 pm

I really don't think skipping 3 points in Reckoning and all 5 points in 1h Spec is going to yield a higher threat generation, especially if you're putting those points in Imp. Ret. Aura and Crusade.

Maybe if you're solely AoE'ing and can't be bothered to go through every every target and auto-swing on 'em once...

But truth be told, I've never had AoE agro problems, as long as the dps was on the right target or just AoEing.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Suwabara » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:11 pm

I use a caster sword to tank and it's 1h dps is pretty terrible, and I don't like relying on a proc to tank. This is mainly for one target tanking to build the most threat possible I would guess.
Suwabara

Return to Basic Training & Talents