Remove Advertisements

VR/Solar trouble

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

VR/Solar trouble

Postby Conaan! » Wed May 14, 2008 4:39 pm

My guild is currently trying to down Solar in TK, and VR even though hes bugged (downed before but not in a while), what are the current strat's to those as a pally tank?

Ive looked over VR and understand i should be initiating the pull, and usually pallys keep him to 60% or so, but kinda nervous about MT'ing VR as i dont know exactly how hard he hits.
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Seloei » Wed May 14, 2008 11:34 pm

VR hits like a little girl. Hell, even trash in karazhan hits for more than him...
Just go in guns blazing, do your max threat rotation keep chugging mana pots as soon as you can. Chuck a frisbee if you feel confident/have mana to spare and profit.

Solarion however is a "retard check" fight, if someone of the ranged/melee group gets the debuff and doesn't move, it's a wipe. But for tanking her... i'd suggest letting a druid or war do it, since she rarely targets you and you will be oom. Altho she is tauntable so you could grab agro at void phase and tank'n'spank then. But generally, just pick up the all small agent's and try to grab a priest and stun it.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 15, 2008 9:09 am

Pretty much it. threat gear for vr, on solarian you're better off holding adds. Warriors and druids have a better time with her
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: VR/Solar trouble

Postby sucellus » Thu May 15, 2008 9:14 am

Conaan! wrote:...and usually pallys keep him to 60% or so...

It just depends on knockbacks, it can happen almost straight away. I definitely recommend going in first though as you have the least ability to maintain threat while not actually tanking.
sucellus

Postby sweeney » Thu May 15, 2008 10:00 am

There are some great discussions of gear and rotation to use on VR in this forum, so I won't try to repeat those. I will say that we did "Everyone in for pounding, 3/4 ranged outside dodging orbs" for our kill, and it seemed much easier since bugged orbs or no, if there's only 3 people outside of Pounding they are easy to dodge.

For Solarian, just go straight threat set, as the bunches of mobs you will be tanking hit for like 300-500 a pop. All you'll need to worry about is gathering them up and not blowing up the raid.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

Postby Frickit » Mon May 19, 2008 7:36 am

I put a mark on me and when the adds come out I ask everyone to collapse to me for a consecration. We have a druid tank the priest and war on Sol. I use solarianalarm so I dont miss the warning.

We had one night failing the retard check. Then we got her on our second night yesterday. I like the 90 stamina I can get on her boots :)
Frickit

Return to Tempest Keep