how long does kara take you?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

how long does kara take you?

Postby ari » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:28 pm

we've been focusing on trying to speed it up this week; across two nights we've spent a little under 5 and a half hours there; didnt attempt nightbane; and we never bother with animal bosses.

still lots of places we can speed things up; and we still have periodic breaks etc as part of our routine.

curious how other guilds do it? how many nights, how much time per night... anyone do it in one hit?
ari

Postby Liadrin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:48 pm

With our best geared folk it's clearable in under 4 hours, every boss.
Liadrin

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:52 pm

The group I run with on alts tends to take 3 or 4 days in 1-2 hour increments.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Maranus » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:56 pm

Usually we do one day about 3.5-4 hours of raiding, depending on how quickly the group gets rolling, from there we usually aim to get prince down ASAP, then second day is a 1.5-2 hour mop up.

Some times we shit the bed and it takes forever to clear, and other times we'll do it all on the first night...
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Postby ari » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:39 pm

Liadrin wrote:With our best geared folk it's clearable in under 4 hours, every boss.

!!

what sort of tactics do you use to get it that quick?? also i assume 'well geared' is kitted out in 25 man stuff?
ari

Postby Maranus » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:46 pm

ari wrote:
Liadrin wrote:With our best geared folk it's clearable in under 4 hours, every boss.

!!

what sort of tactics do you use to get it that quick?? also i assume 'well geared' is kitted out in 25 man stuff?

4 Hours is doable for a group nearing completion with karazhan gear...

It helps if you have most of your DPS mages/warlocks/shadow priests because their crafted gear is well beyond what you can achieve at that level, so they tend to crank more deeps then other characters at that point in progression... unless you have people kitted in S2 gear or something o.O, I guess, I'm not really sure how the S2 stuff stacks up for PvE for most classes, though =x
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Postby Eliane » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:10 pm

I havent really timed our runs, but I'd say around 4 hours with me tanking all the bosses.
Eliane

Postby Genobi » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Did this in 3 and a half hours all bosses tonight. Tanked nightbane with no fear ward also:D. Some tricks include aoeing the entire rooms near the shade by los pulling them to the previous room.
Genobi

Postby jere » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:23 pm

we try to break it up into two nights:

Night 1: Moroes->Opera->Curator->Shade->Prince
Night 2: Attuneman->Maiden->Illhoof->Netherspite->Nightbane

Each night runs 2-3 hours..so we can do it in like 5-6 hours total if everyone is on their game. Granted it takes us long because we rarely have great class balance.
jere

Postby Mortehl » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:04 pm

I have the honor (read: lol) of taking the various nubs through the tower once a week to help them catch up in gear for the 25 man team. We clear the entire tower in 3.5 hours (Note: I don't bother with the beast bosses or with Netherspite).
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Atreidies » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Usually hit up Moroes and Attumen the night before in about 20 minutes after BT. Then Friday night we start at 7pm with Maiden and end around 10-10:30pm with Nightbane. Usually I'm the only tank, and we rotate people in based on who's alt needs what or what main still doesn't have X drop per boss.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby elson » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 am

When people are paying attention and we have a good class make up we do a full clear in 3 1/2-4 hours. Granted we have some gear from 25 mans but we were able to do this before then. The keys are people focusing, the ability to chain pull trash safely, and having a decent amount of kara gear already. There just comes a point where you get to know the pulls so well people go on autopilot and you don't have to spend so much time preparing etc.

We tend to shackle or otherwise crowd controll as little as possible, and then if there is one mob left being tanked and one shackled the offtank will break and tank the shackle to speed things up. Little things like that to spend more time fighting and less time waiting. We tend to mark minimally as well too. Last run on the 4 pull spell shades we had the MT tank one, me on two and one shackled. I take a decent amount of damage so gear can be an issue there but it speeds things up rather nicely to only have to mark one target and just be able to go in and clear the pulls.

In short, anything that causes you to spend more time fighting and less time waiting while not overloading your healers.
Zeal without wisdom is folly

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ll&n=Elson
elson

Postby Garwin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:31 am

last night cleared morose, opera(BBW), curator, aran, maiden then attuman in a 4 hour stint, we're about 45% karazan geared as a guild and we were swapping people in and out on specific bosses so theres an increased chance that something that drops will be used by someone.

just wish we could clear the second half of the tower in that time .. need more experiance/practice on the others. but we feel like we're leagues ahead of where we were a few months ago struggling to get to aran after 3 4hour runs.

in the end it's practice and experiance that gives you the edge time wise, chain pulling, ct raid status so you know your healers and dps's manalevels and knowing just how tough that next pull is.

we clear with a prot pally and prot warrior combo, (saves time on skellys, I aoe while he waits for brittle bones to wear of)
Garwin

Postby Questioner » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:07 am

It is amazing what you can do with your better geared players who know what they need, aren't going to waste time swapping and who aren't going to take afk breaks. Last time we finished in just over 3 hours.

Once you get to the point where absolutely nothing needs explaining it helps tremendously as well.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Mortehl » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:39 am

elson wrote: The keys are people focusing, the ability to chain pull trash safely

We tend to shackle or otherwise crowd controll as little as possible, and then if there is one mob left being tanked and one shackled the offtank will break and tank the shackle to speed things up.

We call this "Pulling at the Speed of Entertainment" in our guild 8)

It usually involves one of the tanks saying, "Can I pull yet? Yes Okay, incoming!"

>D
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Next

Return to Karazhan