Remove Advertisements

Heroic mana tombs

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic mana tombs

Postby Tumeric » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:51 pm

Ok i know i dont have the best gear ever but how is this isntance even possible prekara clearing? i have 105 buffed shadow resist but first boss mulches me. I skip him tonight and 2nd boss stuns us all then Arcing smashes me for 8-10k. I am just beside myself on this, H-MT seems to be nearly impossible for me to tank and i am not sure how to avoid this. our last attempt on 2nd boss was going good then a sting of 6 secs no heals or anythign followed by a 10,680 arcing smash.

i did find during that time our pally healer was in a Crystal tomb(stun) but not sure how to even begin to tackle this instance.

Any thoughts and strats would be greatly appreciated.
Tumeric

Postby Everlight » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:19 pm

1st boss:

I bought a whole bunch of green Shadow Protection gear, leather, mail, whatever I could find (armor doesn't matter on this guy), and used that. Worked fine.

2nd boss:

Yes, he hurts. A lot. However, his stun has a limited range, and if your healer heals at max range he won't be stunned.

3rd boss:

Can't really comment on him with Heroic, never got to him. But I hated him on Normal.
Everlight

Postby Tumeric » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:47 am

so forego all avoidance and defense for raw stam and resist? I mean i was dodging him pretty consistantly and parrying. But when he gets a string its 2500 a pop over and over it adds up with a slow healer.

The 2nd boss not a clue there he was well outside of the earthquake stun. But had a 2nd stun applied to him known as crystal prison.
Tumeric

Postby Alixander » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:48 am

Tumeric wrote:so forego all avoidance and defense for raw stam and resist? I mean i was dodging him pretty consistantly and parrying. But when he gets a string its 2500 a pop over and over it adds up with a slow healer.
Dodge and parry are the only way to physically negate damage from him. He attacks with shadow damage, so you can't block. Luckily he's a demon, so change your Holy Shield button for Exorcism. But since his normal melee attacks are shadow damage, having good shadow resists will mean you can negate large amounts of the damage directly by resisting his attacks.
Alixander

Postby Kvaern » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:59 pm

The first boss can quite easily be done with about 12k base life and 0 shadow resist but you need a good healer spamming _greater_ heals on you. FoL and Flash heals simply wont cut it.
Also when he does his shield thing hit your disengage key ASAP (default is T I believe) so you dont reflect damage back on yourself.

2nd. boss is again more about the healer than the tank, your healer should know to be at max distance and again use greater heals rather than flashes to keep you at max health.

The 3rd boss is all about DPS just like in normal mode.
Kvaern

Postby Brighid » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:58 pm

Shadow resist is definitely key on the first boss. Just imagine if you had to sacrifice half of your armor for a physical boss, would you knowingly do it just for some extra avoidance? It can be done without, but you're the tank, you owe it to the group to have the mitigation of one, no?

The third boss, seems the best strategy I've done was to kill only the first 3 beacons by having my group member warm up their long casts before I pulled, then just strictly dps the boss while poly/trap/fear/whatever the adds as they do elemental damage and are nearly impossible to aoe tank with all of the binding the boss does.
Brighid

Postby Tumeric » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:22 am

Yeah i plan to head in again this weekend with a real healer. SHoulda seen the shaman from last night .. trash mobs were raping me to the point of stunning and kiting.

As for first boss ive collected a full set of greens with high stam and SR so he shouldnt be a problem now.

And for 2nd i dont know what to do other than pray the Healer can keep me up, My mitigation is currently 103.7% with Holyshield active boosting another 30 when i proc a redoubt, which i pray for on this boss as these arcing smashes are almost impossible. 10,680 dmg last time.

I appreciate the advice though these forums, you people have kept my head up during the rough times and educated me to where people value me as a tank and ask for me by name. So i thank you all.
Tumeric

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics