Avoiding abominations knockdowns ?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lore » Tue May 13, 2008 6:55 am

I let the other tanks handle the Aboms, there's only a couple waves where there's enough of them for it to be a problem anyway. Just time your Holy Wrath to go off after they get a swing or two in.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue May 13, 2008 7:28 am

I always tank them and let our Warriors deal with the Caster Adds.

Before the 4th Boss there is one wave with I think 6 of them. Then I usually call for a shackle, cause 6 is a lot if they keep knocking you down you drop fast.. really fast.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Heironeous » Tue May 13, 2008 8:09 am

Simple equation I use on 6 Abom pulls. It even lets the warlocks go nuts cause I want em killing the Abom I'm on within 30 seconds. So the single target non-melee have a field day and I get to live through it.

Frost trap. Wings. Holy wrath. Conecrate. Pocket watch. Nightmare seed. Free action pot. It's the ghetto shield wall for that pull. Slam down main target, aoe the rest. But I have a ton of dodge gear just for those waves. BR/BV is about as useful on those sized waves as a white wedding for Paris Hilton.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Lev » Tue May 13, 2008 11:43 pm

Besides free action potions and pocketwatch i also use Hammer of Judgement on the abominations... if you stun them, they can't stun you - for a few seconds at least. Seal of Justice might be an option here, too... i don't really need focus aggro here anyway.

edit: thx, had little brain lag during translation xD
Last edited by Lev on Wed May 14, 2008 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lev

Postby Seloei » Tue May 13, 2008 11:59 pm

Lev wrote:Besides free action potions and pocketwatch i also use Hammer of Judgement on the abominations... if you stun them, they can't stun you - for a few seconds at least. Seal of Justice might be an option here, too... i don't really need focus aggro here anyway.

fixed
Theres plenty of ways but there is only 1-2 waves where are too many of them for the other tanks to grab em. And they should always be grabing them off you not grabing a ghoul/spider/stalker.[/b]
Seloei

Postby Solessa » Wed May 14, 2008 9:41 am

Free Action Potions..to start.

BoF for oh shit...

And dont be afraid to tell a priest to shackle em so you have a max of two of them on you...
Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.
Solessa

Postby Kyrael » Thu May 15, 2008 6:00 am

I've actually been considering offering the healers a "prize" for the Abom waves...
Something like 50g to whoever overheals me the most... I don't much care about actual healing... overheals are what count.

If that doesn't keep me topped up even when I get stunned, nothing will.

In the long run, though... faps will be far cheaper :P
Kyrael

Postby superworm » Wed May 28, 2008 3:03 am

Solessa wrote:Free Action Potions..to start.

BoF for oh shit...

And dont be afraid to tell a priest to shackle em so you have a max of two of them on you...

Do you mean Blessing of Freedom? I don't recall it making you immune to stun effects.
superworm

Postby jere » Wed May 28, 2008 7:04 am

I have found that if I am still tanking some aboms after a FAP wears off, that popping a nightmare seed can be a nice extra buffer to finish of the wave with.
jere

Postby ehly » Wed May 28, 2008 1:58 pm

Same I usually have some seeds and ironshield potions ready for the abom waves. The other tanks use to think I was silly for using them there..but they have found out the hard way that my dying to those waves is usually a wipe. They are much more understanding these days :D
ehly

Postby Seloei » Wed May 28, 2008 3:03 pm

ironshield shares the cooldown with free action pots, and isn't the damage reduction quite minimal with the extra armor there?
Seloei

Postby ehly » Wed May 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Yes, but its more in case run out of fap :D It my second choice.
ehly

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal