Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Blodo » Thu May 08, 2008 3:48 am

Hm k. Well atm my gear ain't that good. But gonna be better, was like this week they asked me, but ye can well link it anyway: (Linking it from Warcrafter cus on Armory it may change before u check), http://balnazzar-eu.warcrafter.net/Blodo .

Ye not so used maybe to Tank, but im training on it :P Respeccing so often i can to Prot, i just love it ^^

But about the enrage face, no doubt im gonna be killed, But can't u do then that a Warrior tank comes and taunt it off me, or when i have died?
Blodo

Postby Ryu » Thu May 08, 2008 5:35 am

If he has Shield Wall and or Last Stand available, then yeah let him take the enrage, though that phase is just "wtfnuking" the dragon anyway
Ryu

Postby Splug » Thu May 08, 2008 9:42 am

Kalecgos cannot crush, so your combined avoidance + mitigation is not crucial. The more the better, but you can't put a +10 dodge rating and +15 stamina gem into the same socket. You'll want minimum 20k health, with 22k being advisable. Don't forget the violet badge - it's a decent trinket for the fight, tanking or not.

As Ryu mentioned, if a warrior has shield wall available it's probably worthwhile to let him taunt the dragon and easymode the enrage. Mine is usually gone long before we reach the enrage, but that's a function of incorporating warrior cooldowns into the healer-tank portal rotation. Kalecgos does not have much max HP, so the last 10% flies when you unload the whole raid on him. However, our paladin tank survived tanking through the full enrage this week, and obviously did not use shield wall to do it. ;)

I also do not think the "single dragon tank" methodology has many gains, but the drawbacks also seem fairly minor. Only real loss is the itemization that gets wasted on arcane resistance gear, which tends to be high-stamina anyway. So basically, you lose physical avoidance for magic avoidance. Looks like another "do what works for you" option.

EDIT: Oh, and yes. Kalecgos can't crush, but he probably can crit. I don't intend to test it. Ensure you have 490 defense flasked.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Rorshach » Thu May 08, 2008 11:02 am

Yeah, I've tanked the whole enrage as well with Shadowmoon and Seed. Because the demon is already down, all healing is on you as everyone unloads on the dragon. If your healers are on the job you'll be fine.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Barcode » Mon May 12, 2008 6:50 am

we are going to try the solo tank strat tonight for the first time. for those that have already used this method successfully, how many healers did you bring with you?
Barcode

Postby strydaris » Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 am

Has anyone found a confirmed answer or solution as to why the portals are NOT spawning in the proper 20-30 second intervals?

We seem to have this fight down fine but our tank rotations and group rotations are getting majorly screwed up because of portals not spawning for a good 50 seconds or so. This is effecting our DPS on the dragon and leaving him a good 10-20% higher then the demon side. For example our best attempt was the dragon at about 22% while the demon was sitting at 10%.

Any suggestions or comments on how you handle a 4 group rotation would be helpful.
strydaris

Postby Blodo » Tue May 13, 2008 10:21 am

strydaris wrote:Has anyone found a confirmed answer or solution as to why the portals are NOT spawning in the proper 20-30 second intervals?

Cu's someone are standing too close or like inside the bushes. So if the dragon have a target who's to much close/inside the bushes he can't somehow portal the target
Blodo

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 10:51 am

According to EJ, atm pets and totems can be targetted as well by portals and thus not spawn.

We solved with no pets (except imps which we don't have anyway since all locks are destru) and no totems in dragon side (except for enrage where we go all out)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rorshach » Tue May 13, 2008 11:18 pm

Did the Kalecgos fight get changed during the patch?

I had no problems keeping threat on Sathrovarr before the patch. I could hold him off Kalecgos' human form the whole time I was in the shadow realm.

So now, post-patch, I had to taunt Sathrovarr everytime my taunt CD was up because I couldn't hold threat to save my life. Now I'm at a loss as to why this was especially considering I just changed to a new threat spec that includes Sanctity Aura and does 13% more holy damage on demons.

Anyone else have this issue since the patch?
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Cakes » Tue May 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Didn't notice any problems on him tonight, no.
Cakes

Postby Vandril » Wed May 14, 2008 2:22 am

Due playing on an EU-Realm I didn't face the "2.4.2 Kalecgos". But I'm remembering about some line in the patch notes saying, that now all classes get benefit of a ability the human Kalecgos uses. I think it's Revitalise (or something like that), which is some sort of a healing ability. So more players profit from this ability = more threat for human Kalecgos.
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Neuron » Wed May 14, 2008 6:47 am

It looks like they fixed part of the bug with people being too close to the wall. I saw several portals happen almost inside the bushes (because people don't listen) but hey they still worked. So "don't stand against the bushes" no longer seems to be the reason a portal fails to spawn.

However, resetting him can be severely awkward.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Worldie » Wed May 14, 2008 7:04 am

Going there today, will tell if anything changed.

I wonder if they fixed the portals-on-totem issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ossuary » Wed May 14, 2008 8:17 am

Apparently as for any pet using class, they broke something in there because pets have a problem staying and attacking and must be continually ordered to attack. As well as some wierd pathing issues are now in game with boxes causeing it. We had a Brutallus wipe on pull because he walked around a box and it threw positioning off and some people weren't in meteor slash.
Ossuary

Postby Aplus » Thu May 15, 2008 11:55 am

Rorshach wrote:Did the Kalecgos fight get changed during the patch?

I had no problems keeping threat on Sathrovarr before the patch. I could hold him off Kalecgos' human form the whole time I was in the shadow realm.

So now, post-patch, I had to taunt Sathrovarr everytime my taunt CD was up because I couldn't hold threat to save my life. Now I'm at a loss as to why this was especially considering I just changed to a new threat spec that includes Sanctity Aura and does 13% more holy damage on demons.

Anyone else have this issue since the patch?

i pop wings, taunt, exorcism, judge, and still seem to lose him almost right away every time. just started serious attempts though so i don't have anything to compare it to.
Aplus

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau