Boss glitches this week?

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Boss glitches this week?

Postby Huon » Fri May 09, 2008 6:24 am

oooook. We have been doing SSC for a while now and never had any issues. But this week... There were TONS of bugs and weird things happening.

1. I would stand there marking the next static trash and out of the blue BAM I aggro. Neither I or the mob moved! (trash in front of tunnel leading to Leo).
2. Our warlock was tanking in demon phase of Leotheras and got an inner demon on him =/ First we thought it was him losing aggro and threat meter was wrong but it happened twice and in over 10 kills he's never lost aggro. (plus Omen is on his side <.<)
3. Our MT on Tidewalker got WATERY GRAVE. Yes!!! and he didnt lose aggro because tide went running strait for him in the grave. We recovered with no deaths but it was weird as heck.

You guys having issues too? =/
Huon

Postby Cearn » Fri May 09, 2008 6:51 am

except for multiple pet-recalls on karathress, no

on the other hand, all your bugs are thread based and i would indeed expect threat to be the issue. omen is buggy, we know that.

Huon wrote:1. I would stand there marking the next static trash and out of the blue BAM I aggro. Neither I or the mob moved! (trash in front of tunnel leading to Leo).

The mob might have turned or another mob of the group with a larger aggro range turned or moved. on the other hand the group I am thinking you're referring to doesn't move at all... maybe lagbased aggression °_°

Huon wrote:2. Our warlock was tanking in demon phase of Leotheras and got an inner demon on him =/ First we thought it was him losing aggro and threat meter was wrong but it happened twice and in over 10 kills he's never lost aggro. (plus Omen is on his side <.<)

the same thing happening twice actually makes it mor probable that he lost aggro due to an overenthusiastic dps. "LOLZ HE ALWAYZ GOT AGGROZ I PWN ALL OUTZ NOWZ!!"

Huon wrote:3. Our MT on Tidewalker got WATERY GRAVE. Yes!!! and he didnt lose aggro because tide went running strait for him in the grave. We recovered with no deaths but it was weird as heck.

I am pretty sure watery grave is not used on the one with the highest thread, but can be used on the one having aggro as long as they are not the same person. 100,1% aggro and really bad luck are enough.
Last edited by Cearn on Tue May 13, 2008 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cearn

Postby Huon » Fri May 09, 2008 9:37 am

So basically just a one in a million scenario that just happen to eff up our night ><
Huon

Postby Antharas » Fri May 09, 2008 2:56 pm

Cearn wrote:except for multiple pet-recalls on karathress, no

on the other hand, all your bugs are thread based and i would indeed expect thread to be the issue. omen is buggy, we know that.

is it really that hard to hit the 't' instead of the 'd'?
Antharas

Postby Arees » Fri May 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Antharas wrote:

on the other hand, all your bugs are thread based and i would indeed expect thread to be the issue. omen is buggy, we know that.

I didn't realize he was even talking about threat until the very last thing... I'm a programmer and was thinking that somehow he knew about some race condition that was occurring or something from different threads the game creates..
Arees

Postby Maihes » Sat May 10, 2008 1:02 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Antharas wrote:

I didn't realize he was even talking about threat until the very last thing... I'm a programmer and was thinking that somehow he knew about some race condition that was occurring or something from different threads the game creates..

I am not a programmer and i was thinking something similar.
Maihes

Postby Cearn » Tue May 13, 2008 11:24 am

woohoo, foreign language glitch ftw!
Cearn

Postby Thalani » Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 pm

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Antharas wrote:

*rofl* Same here! I'm not a programmer, but I read enough on the FreeBSD mailing list and BugTraq forums to see similar comments.
Glad to see I'm not alone.

And now...
Let us hope that our first trip into SSC (which will be occurring right after a patch - 2.4.2) doesn't end up hitting all these bugs! :(

-T.
Thalani

Postby Kellann » Thu May 15, 2008 7:39 am

From my experiences I would think that your only real bug was a buggy Omen or people being less than sufficiently careful with their threat.

For the 'surprise' pull: there are certain ranges to at least some mobs/bosses where you can stand and do nothing without agro - yet the 'nonzero' threat of buff gains/casts etc will get the attention of said mobs. Perhaps you may have noticed standing still for some bosses (Zul'jin comes to mind) where they don't agro, yet *casting* avengers shield is enough to begin the fight...they don't even wait for it to finish casting and smack them in the face and already they're running at you. Again at a guess you either rebuffed someone or someone rebuffed you in such a fashion that you got their attention.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern