Remove Advertisements

Heroic Arc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Arc

Postby Pillar » Tue May 13, 2008 8:38 am

Kinda wanting people's opinion on this one- is it supposed to be easy like the other 2 there? we had some major problems in there last night. am i geared for it? i don't think the healing was quite up to snuff, but it still makes me think there should have been more i could have done to make it go smoother.

after 3 wipes on the first boss, we moved on- the healers and dps kept getting taken out by knockback and black holes they said- i couldnt see since i was with my back to a wall and a massive void walker type dude in my face taking up the whole screen. we killed the 2nd boss, during which the healer kept telling me to interrupt her heals- which i cant do- and the rogue and mage finally started interrupting. the 3rd boss- we finally called it a night on. the healer would never move out of the way when he charged, leaving the fire trail in his wake.

so was it me, dumb healer, or a little of both? any advice welcome!
Pillar

Re: Heroic Arc

Postby Catriona » Tue May 13, 2008 8:43 am

Pillar wrote:Kinda wanting people's opinion on this one- is it supposed to be easy like the other 2 there? we had some major problems in there last night. am i geared for it? i don't think the healing was quite up to snuff, but it still makes me think there should have been more i could have done to make it go smoother.

after 3 wipes on the first boss, we moved on- the healers and dps kept getting taken out by knockback and black holes they said- i couldnt see since i was with my back to a wall and a massive void walker type dude in my face taking up the whole screen. we killed the 2nd boss, during which the healer kept telling me to interrupt her heals- which i cant do- and the rogue and mage finally started interrupting. the 3rd boss- we finally called it a night on. the healer would never move out of the way when he charged, leaving the fire trail in his wake.

so was it me, dumb healer, or a little of both? any advice welcome!

The first boss needs shadow resist to make it easy. A couple of greens will do it. His knockbacks hit pretty hard and because everyone's spread out it can be difficult to AOE heal.
On the second boss apparently your DPS were being idiots. Interrupting is necessary and they should've been on the ball.
Third boss, the healer should've moved. Everyone should move as soon as he yells "On guard" or whatever, because he charges where you were at that moment.

IMO heroic Arc isn't insanely difficult, but it's not exactly cake either. But then most of my groups tended to wipe on those stupid abyssals, not the bosses. ><
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 13, 2008 9:07 am

You had a bad group :/ Most pulls there are single, so there's no reason to lose focus. Just stick to a few guidelines

Zereketh is a SR fight, move out of the black holes
Robots randomly drop aggro, do wing+shield-judge to grab it back, stun if necessary
Dalliah is an interrupt fight, and attention check for healer(don't heal cursed people. She barely hurts even in heroic, going unhealed is not a risk)
Soccotrathes only requires people to move when he screams anything, and stay out of the fire.
The succubus demons put a debuff randomly that makes the target generate 3 or 5 times more threat. Even healers should just stop if they get it or they WILL pull.
Abyssals...hug the tank
Doomguards stun
fire/nature resist helps on the mini bosses, shadow resist makes last boss easymode.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Cearn » Tue May 13, 2008 11:15 am

don't walltank the first boss, it just makes no sense. position yourself between the boss and your healer (and your ranged dps between you and your healer) and there shall be no issues of oor...
a knockbacked tank means a walking boss and a walking boss doesn't hit you. i never understood why people would want to walltank that guy...
Cearn

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 13, 2008 11:19 am

I'm actually going to try that. I never looked at that PoV since the boss itself doesn't do any damage out of aoe and static holes.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

run out of range

Postby ldeboer » Tue May 13, 2008 5:30 pm

The other thing to know is if the casters and healer are at max range when the first boss starts the aoe cast they can run out of range.
ldeboer

Postby Balanor » Thu May 15, 2008 7:22 am

No, it definately isnt as easy as H Mech or H Bot. We did it with a guild group last night with a guildie pally tank, me on my priest, a shadowpriest, insanely geared warlock and a decently geared mage. We eventually gave up on the first boss as I couldn't get the heals off fast enough on the tank and keep the group up as well before the seed of corruption or his shadow blast hit again. It was quite frustrating especially since I've successfully tanked him a couple times on my own pally.

Second boss is relative cake as long as you have someone who can interrupt her heals.

Third boss as has been stated isnt too bad either as long as people moves when he charges. Staying out of the firetrails is also a necessity. What makes the fight harder is his short range fire AoE which will damage all melee around him. With our group of caster DPS this was never really an issue.

The abyssals arent bad either as long as everyone stands on top of the tank. We had one wipe because someone wasn't paying attention when the group engaged and they got one shotted by the meteors. Bad timing on my heals resulted in the rest of the party going down like dominoes.

The last boss isnt as bad as the minibosses that come before him. I especially dislike the storm elemental one which has a nasty AoE lightning which he frequently casts. AoE heals get a workout on him.

The last boss is very easy as long as you initially mark him prior to him engaging so that when he splits, everyone attacks the unmarked one and burns it down. To be honest, the fight was over pretty quick.
Balanor

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 8:06 am

I want to get a hammer of righteous might crafted for tanking this guy (among others)

elemental = no block

and armor means nothing.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Arcand » Thu May 15, 2008 10:54 am

Balanor wrote:The last boss isnt as bad as the minibosses that come before him. I especially dislike the storm elemental one which has a nasty AoE lightning which he frequently casts. AoE heals get a workout on him.

I didn't realize this for a long time, but the storm elemental casts a self-buff which reduces incoming magic damage by half. Purge, dispel or arcane-shoot that, or the fight will drag on and your healer will be blowing cooldowns to keep everyone up.
Arcand

Postby UMIO » Fri May 16, 2008 4:18 am

most likely to be the healers fault since your gear seems fine for tanking
UMIO

Postby Cearn » Fri May 16, 2008 5:12 am

Arcand wrote:
Balanor wrote:The last boss isnt as bad as the minibosses that come before him. I especially dislike the storm elemental one which has a nasty AoE lightning which he frequently casts. AoE heals get a workout on him.

I didn't realize this for a long time, but the storm elemental casts a self-buff which reduces incoming magic damage by half. Purge, dispel or arcane-shoot that, or the fight will drag on and your healer will be blowing cooldowns to keep everyone up.

as a nature type elemental, he is immune to purge (or at least was when i still played my shaman). spellsteal does work. devour magic might work, not tested yet.
Cearn

Postby Whitehope » Mon May 19, 2008 3:30 am

The only part I remember being somewhat difficult were the mini-bosses before Harbinger, namely the air elemental. I forgot that the magnetic pull/teleport thingie it does drops aggro, and got the healer killed the first attempt. I could see where there might be trouble with Arc, though, due to so much of the damage not being physical in nature.

For the abyssals, it's actually better to have the group stand about 3 yards behind the tank. The aura they give off has a really small range, and it's still close enough where the meteor will split damage. Makes it easier for the healer to keep everyone up.
Whitehope

Postby mangos » Thu May 22, 2008 6:58 pm

I ran this last weekend, with well geared lock/mage and an ok geared hunter. First healer was a holy paladin with 2000+ healing, wiped once at trash, 3 times at first boss then he bailed. We find a priest with 1600+ healing, and start from 2nd boss, no wipe since except a few random death. Then we head back to the first boss and beat it in 1 try. The pally healer that bailed ran Bot with me where I aoe tanking everything and it was totally fine. My conclusion is pally healer really not efficient at healing multiples.

Here is what I learnt:
The 1st boss is melee's nightmare. Ranged dps better shoot from max range. Tanking him against wall or not is not that critical as I feel. Avoid blackhole is a must. He is the toughest boss in here.
The 2nd boss is trivial but better remind ur healer to stop healing when she put that debuff on tank or it'll be a terribly long fight. Interrupt her heal is useful but not a must as she doesn't heal herself that much.
The 3rd boss is a simple tank and spank type but ask everybody to keep moving from time to time helps to avoid fire trail.
The last boss is also easy, just mark him and kill the clone(unmarked) everytime he splits. The 3 mini boss b4 him, one of them the wind element is nasty due to his multi-target lightining. The dragon guy hit relatively hard as well. Eat/Drink fast in between each mini boss.
mangos

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics