Remove Advertisements

Hydross Vs Avoidance

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hydross Vs Avoidance

Postby angelflavor » Sat May 10, 2008 4:59 pm

This week I tanked Hydross for the 1st time. I normally tank the adds, but I was the only tank in the raid who had the Nature Resist set. I'm glad to say I tanked him successfully and even when at 8% they told me to use shield wall and keep him on that side, and the sudden realization that I don't have a shield wall. I had some pretty good heals then :P.

Before the fight I noticed if I put on lower HP gear with more avoidance I could be uncrushable and uncritable for the fight, but after the fight I look at the logs and seen even though his attacks where melee magic attacks and I was taking full damage alot. So my question is can Hydross attacks be blocked, parried or Dodged due to they are melee that hits for magic damage? Does this include Holy Shield? Even if does I think I would still keep it up, due to I still seem to pick up the adds.
Warning: Experimental Tank
"Warriors make you Sap. Paladins let you Sap"
angelflavor

Hello

Postby Sinnegorth » Mon May 12, 2008 3:26 pm

As far as I know Hydross cannot deliver a crushing blow. I tank him during the frost phase and in my gear fully buffed I have the frost resist cap and over 490 defense. I am far from uncrushable but my combat log indicates he does not do a crushing blow. In fact from what some pally tanks tell me you don' even need holy shield since it blocks melee and he does not do melee damage. I still need to confirm that latter however.
Sinnegorth

Postby Moby » Mon May 12, 2008 4:45 pm

His attackes can't be blocked, nor does he do crushing blows. Since you can't block his attacks, using Holy Shield is pointless. He can crit though so it's important to be at 490 defense.
Moby

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern