Mt. Hyjal - Anetheron

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:20 am

Get mana pots if you tank anatheron <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby YoYoMa » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:03 am

We've beaten Anetheron several times now but I am having a hell of a time pinning down how to keep people alive through infernals. I'd say about 75% of the time an infernal lands on somebody it kills them, obviously this hurts the raid when you've got 5 or 6 dead people by the end.

I'm the infernal tank on this and we've tried a few things. First, I have a macro setup to target the infernal and cast exo. I've played with timing on this and gotten it down where I pretty much hit him as soon as he's targetable so I think I'm doing all I can from that side.

On the flip side, we've had people stand where they are, we've also had them try running towards me. But regardless the infernal usually pops on their head, stuns, melees, and immolates and the person is dead within about 2 seconds.

We started having the druids hot up this person and it does help in a few cases. I'm also thinking of having pallies pre-bop the targeted person to prevent the melee attack.

Regardless, I can't help but think I'm missing some vital piece of this, a person dying on each infernal is not acceptable. Any tips on this part to keep people alive? Thanks
YoYoMa

Postby Right » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:57 am

YoYoMa wrote:Regardless, I can't help but think I'm missing some vital piece of this, a person dying on each infernal is not acceptable. Any tips on this part to keep people alive? Thanks

Me too. We started Hyjal on Tuesday, and Anetheron's infernals are nuts. They blow up the target nearly instantly. I've also tried dragging them to Jaena -- cooking 10 people on the way :-( -- and tanking them where they fall, no dice.

Also, is there a recommended FR for the infernals? I was at ~180 and felt like I was getting totally wrecked.
Right

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:24 am

well I dunno if maybe there was just really wierd lag last time we did him because this week we were back to no issues again. Not really sure what was up.

As far as FR, I think it's kindda been covered. I usually go with around 330 ish with my aura on and I have no problems holding aggro or issues with damage. I'm just using all the flamebane crafted goodies, the phoenix fire band, and I think some quest neck. I don't recall all the names off the top of my head.
YoYoMa

Postby bighammar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:20 pm

i've found that having the people move when they're targeted really helps. it will help them avoid the stun and death from the falling infernal. then i exo it and haul it back behind the raid, hopefully not hitting other people in the raid.

works out pretty well so long as i'm making sure i lock down aggro. now if we can just get better at not getting pwned by carrion swarm we'll stop having wipes at 10%
------
a sometimes genius
bighammar

Postby Averroes » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:19 pm

I tank this guy with out fire resist twice and kept almost dieing and im thinking of putting some on, just need an answer to the following questions.

1. How much fire resist should I have on?

2. Do I need to be uncrushable?

3. How much spell damage should I have?

My Illidan fire resist gear has no spell damage but from the mace I use so im just wondering if I switch it up a bit.
Averroes

Postby gwayne » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:09 am

Averroes wrote:1. How much fire resist should I have on?

1. 150 ish unbuffed works for me
2. No, the infernals are level 72
3. Whatever you can get. It's easy to generate threat on them because of exorcism so just get enough to hold aggro against your ranged dps :)
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Mortehl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 am

You might want to drop the 100 badges and get the epix. You'll need them later anyway.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby jere » Tue May 06, 2008 5:59 am

YoYoMa wrote:
I'm the infernal tank on this and we've tried a few things. First, I have a macro setup to target the infernal and cast exo. I've played with timing on this and gotten it down where I pretty much hit him as soon as he's targetable so I think I'm doing all I can from that side.

On the flip side, we've had people stand where they are, we've also had them try running towards me. But regardless the infernal usually pops on their head, stuns, melees, and immolates and the person is dead within about 2 seconds.

I have been doing this fight for a couple weeks now, and have found that I can target and hit the infernal slightly before it even materializes fully. When I do that on time, it never melees the target (though it still does the AoE fire damage). If I am slow on the hitting, then it melee's the person. It might be related to your latency/lag, but so far it has come down to how fast I target them. Luckily my macro is now pretty solid after a couple weeks of tweaking it.
jere

Postby Widdox » Tue May 06, 2008 6:14 am

bighammar wrote:i've found that having the people move when they're targeted really helps. it will help them avoid the stun and death from the falling infernal. then i exo it and haul it back behind the raid, hopefully not hitting other people in the raid.

THIS!!

I had the same trouble. Once people are targeted they start running toward me, and for some reason they live. Even though the infernal still spawns on top of them
Widdox

Postby Widdox » Tue May 06, 2008 6:16 am

gwayne wrote:
Averroes wrote:1. How much fire resist should I have on?

1. 150 ish unbuffed works for me
2. No, the infernals are level 72
3. Whatever you can get. It's easy to generate threat on them because of exorcism so just get enough to hold aggro against your ranged dps :)

I kept dieing at ~200 resist, so I went ahead and got 350 and I haven;t died sense. This is especially important if your ranged DPS slacks off and you end up with 2 infernals on you.
Widdox

Postby Byzant » Mon May 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Btw, do u guys tank multiple infernals at the same time? Im in a situation in which Im tanking 2 infernals and have to pick up more :S rly hard to concentrate on picking up new ones and trying to keep myself alive.
Byzant

Postby Worldie » Mon May 12, 2008 3:09 pm

I tank more than one only if we get to 30%. At that point i usually tell to either finish current infernal and ignore next ones, or directly ignore them and finish boss.

I never had to tank more than 2.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Byzant » Mon May 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Does the targeting macro work if you have live infernals around when pulling the new one? If not is there a solution to this?
Byzant

Postby Worldie » Mon May 12, 2008 3:17 pm

No, there's no solution to that.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal