Hex Lord, WTF?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dazhbog » Sun May 04, 2008 1:47 am

Sorry for the small ressurect, I wanted to put down the strat we used to (finally) down him. We've been in 25 mans and out of ZA for awhile, so our gear has improved significantly, and I liked our make-up/strat a lot better this time.

Strat: Kill all 4 adds, THEN keel HLM.

Make-up:

1 Tankadin (me)
1 Prot warrior

2 CoH Priests
1 Resto druid

1 rogue
1 ele shaman
1 hunter
1 mage
1 warlock (Destro)

We got lucky on the adds (easy CC) and slightly on the soul drains (he only drained me once), but it went extremely well. Sadly, we once again lost the third chest, this time due to instance server failure.
Dazhbog

Postby Rorshach » Mon May 05, 2008 11:46 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has said this already, but if you hit around 300 SR buffed on most everyone but the tank this fight is so easy-mode its criminal because almost all the dmg that everyone besides the tank gets is shadow.

You can almost 1-heal this fight with that much SR. I've done it with 1 main healer and me off-spec healing after tanking one of the adds in holy gear.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Ariashley » Tue May 06, 2008 12:08 pm

SR is not required. First time we downed him, no one was wearing any SR. No one even had any except the BT attunement neck.

Now that we do have SR gear, we have most of our raid wear it for this fight. We have pretty much everyone wear neck, bracers, cloak, boots and belt. Makes the fight ridiculously easy.

We do bring a CoH priest. However, he's CoH for Bloodboil (who we've only killed twice) and RoS (who we've killed only once).
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Once a priest has enough gear to not go OOM in a heroic as CoH spec, he can pretty much stay on the spec forever.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Heironeous » Fri May 09, 2008 2:33 pm

We worked on him for a while before we offed him. The warrior tanked, I did the adds. Ignore the boss, kill all adds, then kick Hex-lords's shins to 80%. Then pop it all. CDs, trinkets, heroism, whatever. Blow it all, cut loose and if you have a good team you'll burn his face to 50% or lower before the next bolts.

Since we run a prot pally, holy pally and a mage (sometimes 2) we call out "Immune rotation" where everyone who can ignore the bolts does so we have less HP bars to focus on. Keep a wisdom on the boss, druids are great for LB stacks in bolts, then just sit when the boss is hitting the tank.

If you have an issue with him it'll be the paladin/mage copies. Those are the most painful. Steal wings with a mage, let them unload, stop heals: profit.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Asterix » Sat May 10, 2008 4:16 am

On runs where I'm running with a warrior tank I'll just tank all the Hexlord adds in my healing gear. They don't hit hard at all and my +1900 healing gear helps out fairly well. Of course now that we're gearing up with shadow resist gear it'll be even easier.
Asterix

Postby Tekkel » Sat May 10, 2008 4:19 am

Aye key to the fight is to keep your adds controlled if u leave a few and avoid heals and raiddmg when he's not shadowbolting.
Tekkel

Postby superworm » Sat May 10, 2008 10:04 am

The most important thing is that everyone knows what to do. To avoid the concecration, to steal or purge the hot and big light wings, blah blah blah...
Tell your healers to pop mana pots every cd. And ask your shaman/rogue to interrupt every heal.
With T4/T5 mixed gear, we have one-shotted him for recent 3 cool downs.

If you still find it difficult, I suggest you take major shadow protection pots or cauldron. It will make the fight so sweet :)
superworm

Previous

Return to Zul'aman