Issues with Saber Lash on Lynx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Pley » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:05 pm

Morganim wrote:Quick queston

how much hp is your UD warrior friend running at

dont get me wrong it *could* be a hitbox problem.
but then again if your mt war is in sub-par gear or taking crushes he could be getting hit a few times dropped to 9k hp and then taking a saberlash and dying, thus leaving you open to an 18k lash + attacks

ive done this fight with tauren, trolls, orcs, belf and undead partners and never used deviates and been fine. Only time i didnt get it on first attempt was with a tauren OT i took the full lash he took 2 steps back and it was fine

His gear shouldn't be an issue. He has better gear than I do and more HP. From what everyone is saying it doesn't seem to make any sense that we weren't sharing the lashes. Oh well, hopefully it won't be an issue next time
Level 70 Tankadin - Lothar
Pley

Postby Jobah » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 am

I didnt wanna start a new thread even though my question, although it relates, is slightly different.

My group wiped countless times on this fight tonight. The first time i did it the warrior MT'd i just stood there and taunted the spirit lynx, flawless victory. We 1 shotted it, i thought the fight was ridiculously easy.

Then tonight, i tried to MT it with a different warrior off tanking. I dont know what the problem was... the spike damage was just too much for my healers. We had an unideal group, lacking fort as well as imp bonus, but i was still fighting this guy with 18.4k hp. We had 3 paladin healers and a balance druid throwing hots on me, so i dont really understand what was going wrong... Yeah the group make up wasnt perfect, but with 3 pallies healing is shouldve been a joke keeping me topped off, imo. Any feedback?
Jobah

Postby Jeada » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:20 pm

Jobah wrote:I didnt wanna start a new thread even though my question, although it relates, is slightly different.

My group wiped countless times on this fight tonight. The first time i did it the warrior MT'd i just stood there and taunted the spirit lynx, flawless victory. We 1 shotted it, i thought the fight was ridiculously easy.

Then tonight, i tried to MT it with a different warrior off tanking. I dont know what the problem was... the spike damage was just too much for my healers. We had an unideal group, lacking fort as well as imp bonus, but i was still fighting this guy with 18.4k hp. We had 3 paladin healers and a balance druid throwing hots on me, so i dont really understand what was going wrong... Yeah the group make up wasnt perfect, but with 3 pallies healing is shouldve been a joke keeping me topped off, imo. Any feedback?

My guess is the lack of Group healing, forcing the pallys to target others due to chainlighting totems/ flame shocks.

I've Died twice on this before, both times were just a combo of
eating half a saber lash + random damage from totem/shock +
getting hit with both weapons and not avoiding them.

It's not unsual to take over 12 - 15k damage in under 2 seconds

Then there's last night I was Mt on him and was a avoidance machine,
we checked and the ot took more overall damage. Just a lucky night
for me I guess, or maybe Lucky for my healers.
Jeada

Postby Garstone » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:14 am

Lynx boss doesnt crush either, so it could be a hit box issue like others have stated
Garstone

Postby Baldihar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:44 am

I have a dumb question, and since I have actually never used an Ironshield Potion, maybe I can be enlightened tonight...

Would chugging an Ironshield Potion throughout the fight with him in Lynx form be good for absorbing some of that physical dmg from the saber lashes? Obviously it wouldn't help my druid OT cuz popping out of form to pot up would be quite destructive to the raid.
Baldihar

Postby ohcurly » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:16 am

I had this same issue last night. Tanking with a tauren MT, after three wipes with different tank positioning, I read here to have the tauren eat a deviate fish. Next attempt was a kill with no issues. I find it irratating that the saber lash is so position sensitive that you have to force a big cow to look like a ninjar or pirate so a blood elf can help him eat the 18k cleaves.
ohcurly

Postby Bryne » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:29 am

Baldihar wrote:Would chugging an Ironshield Potion throughout the fight with him in Lynx form be good for absorbing some of that physical dmg from the saber lashes? Obviously it wouldn't help my druid OT cuz popping out of form to pot up would be quite destructive to the raid.

If you're undergeared, this is a great fight to use Ironshields on. You definitely won't need mana pots to keep up due to the decent incoming damage.
Bryne

Re: Issues with Saber Lash on Lynx

Postby Dynaheir » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:30 am

Pley wrote:I was in ZA for my first time last night and we were having some issues on the Saber Lashes. I was OTing for Lashes and the Spirit of the Lynx and a UD warrior was MTing the boss. As soon as a Saber Lash would hit, he'd go down. And then me on the next one. It seemed he was eating full lashes.

I have been told you need to be directly on top of the MT and my avatar of my character seemed to on top of his. Our corpes were almost overlapping when we were dead and only weren't because of how BE's die vs how UD die.

Is there something I'm missing? Our guild has done this before and I was positive (and so was the MT) that we were right on top of each other.

Looking for suggestions on anything I can do to improve to not have this happen again.
If you raid-mark yourselves and tilt the "camera" to a 45º angle you will have an easier time positioning yourselves. Just make the marks overlap themselves. Also, make sure not both tanks are trying to position themselves. MT has to be assigned to stay put, OT dances till he figures out the right spot.
Dynaheir

Postby Eliane » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 am

I've tanked him with bear, tauren warrior and us warrior as OT without problems. The one thing I can think of is if you both try to adjust your position relative to the other at the same time, that can cause problems.

I just stand still after the initial pull and leave it to the OT to position himself correctly. This is also the fastest way to do it if you're doing the timed imo.
Eliane

Postby Solarum » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:56 pm

I had an absolutely abysmal time with this last night.

Our MT is a tauren, and I thought I was 100% standing inside of him, etc etc. Our solution was to just stand shoulder-to-shoulder in front of him, and that worked like a charm (after a few wipes :\)

If you're having trouble with the hitboxes, it's worth trying, hopefully it'll work for you as well.
Solarum

Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Every now and then, you can get unlucky. I've had a couple times where he'll lash two times in a row so quickly that a heal single can't even be landed. Good bye OT!
Invisusira

Postby Warsadin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:35 pm

I've tanked this fight on my orc with both a feral druid and a prot pally as offtanks for this fight.

We have never seen the hitbox be this sensitive. You don't have to stand on top of each other, that might even be your problem, wonky game mechanics and all.

Just be fluid and stay close with your offtank. Once you get more tries in and get the flow, you will get it. Also, try to have around 17-20k for this guy, if you're not in badge/kara gear and still have a few blues driving your hp/mitigation/avoidance down you might be in some trouble.
Warsadin

Postby Wulfhere » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:18 am

Invisusira wrote:Every now and then, you can get unlucky. I've had a couple times where he'll lash two times in a row so quickly that a heal single can't even be landed. Good bye OT!

When I was looking at some logs, he seemed to fairly consistently do 2 lashes 5-6s apart. It's just enough time to get a heal in, but if the MT had a damage spike or a healer was trying to heal the raid, the OT may not get a heal. The OT needs to have >19K buffed(or be a druid) to survive 2 lashes without a heal.
Wulfhere

Postby Heironeous » Fri May 09, 2008 2:53 pm

A good tip here is to remember that this boss doesn't really rack in fast hard damage at the get go, probably because you have to settle. As you go in you'll stagger with the other tank, maybe a foot or so at a time, untill you heels hit the edge of the podium.

I dont have a hit problem because I usualy tank with a Nelf female warrior (we're the only successful combo in there it seems), but if you have a lucky pocket watch use it as you settle in. In case one of you is suppose to the take the whole thing because of an oops, you should have around 50% dodge.

I bought it from a lash I took once. While we were settling in. No druid, but the warrior is a pretty determined guy. He tanked the whole boss solo. Another time we were perfect, hip to hip, then for some reason the boss reangled himself and I was out of range: dead warrior. Just moved 1 foot, then lashed. Now we stand on each other so the neld now has a blond ponytail.

The bubble trick does work, but you and your other tank have to be a good team on this one. This isn't about glory, it's about knowing who you're standing with. On a side note: If you have a enhancement shaman and you have settle issues use them to run with the primary tank so they eat the first last (maybe live, most likely not) so your other, less experienced, tank can have a second extra to settle properly. It's getto: but it works.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Mordinm » Fri May 09, 2008 3:14 pm

A bit of a tip if you are having problem with sharing saber lash with cows or bears. Put a raid icon on both tanks and have the off tank rotate his camera so he is looking directly down on himself. Line up the raid icons so they are on top of each other and you will never again have a problem with saber lash missing you.
Mordinm

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman