Add tanking for Dragonhawk

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri May 02, 2008 1:51 pm

Druid.

The killers of this fight are paladins, druids and hunters. All the rest is easily counteable. I don't recommend bringing a druid without a mage, nor being very melee heavy if you have too many paladins(consecration ticks for 2/3k, thorns kills a rogue in 5 seconds, lifebloom is bad as in it can't be purged without healing him further... mage > paladin and druid, as in they'll eb able to steal the big bad buffs he gets(thorns/AW/Lifebloom)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Bughead » Fri May 02, 2008 2:53 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Druid.

The killers of this fight are paladins, druids and hunters. All the rest is easily counteable. I don't recommend bringing a druid without a mage, nor being very melee heavy if you have too many paladins(consecration ticks for 2/3k, thorns kills a rogue in 5 seconds, lifebloom is bad as in it can't be purged without healing him further... mage > paladin and druid, as in they'll eb able to steal the big bad buffs he gets(thorns/AW/Lifebloom)

Are you talking about HLM ?

This thread is about the dragonhawk ... I think :roll:
Bughead

Postby Caliban » Tue May 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Give the healers salv!
Caliban

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Bughead wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Druid.

Are you talking about HLM ?

This thread is about the dragonhawk ... I think :roll:
Yeah I was high >.>

But druids buff thorns anyway :p
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ronor » Wed May 07, 2008 11:56 pm

After quite a few kills on this guy now I can only say the following:

Make sure all healers have salvation.

Stand just back from the entrance of the bride and ensure noone is stood behind or right next to you.

Nuke one hatcher down and assign one ranged dps to the other (one of your aoe).

JoR on the first hatchling, avengers shield on the second two hatchlings then concencrate seems to pick the rest up from there (or a taunt on the three hatchlings goes down a treat). Their threat is spread out between how many spawn so thats why its harder to pick up the first ones.

Once that side has been hatched, begin aoe and leave the hatcher alone. You will have a few seconds after the last eggs are spawned before bombs but its easier now you dont get teleported.

Nuke down the hatchlings and bubble (removes all stacks of the fire debuff) then run to the other side ready.

The hatcher that you hopefully didnt kill will spawn the next side very fast as he continues hatchling at the same rate he left at the other side. Can pick these up with consecration nps.

Nuke hatchlings again and the kill boss, never have to mess around with more than those 2 hatchers.
Fluke? Naw, I meant to do that...?

Ronor

Postby Seloei » Thu May 08, 2008 12:04 am

Thats a bit risky tac Ronor, since if you have low aoe damage the first batch might not be dead and the new ones that spawn might be too overwhelming for starting. Have done it "accidentaly" a few times.

If you feel confident, hatch a full side, if not, hatch half and half. Earthbind/frost trap are your friend on picking em up, only the first hatchling cant be picked up with consecrate that way.
Seloei

Postby Heironeous » Fri May 09, 2008 2:26 pm

I just use the frost-trap/earthbind totem method. I pack in some extra spell damage and if I need a spike I get a mage to frost-wave and my shield blocks finish the job. The warlock does seeds, frost mage blizzards: 1 side dead, bubble and wait for the next side.

If you have a spare hunter snake traps are a great way to help kill em before your front-load threat wears out. This is SOOOooo much easier after you dont get teleported anymore. Made life so much easier...

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Thanehand » Tue May 13, 2008 6:19 am

I actually like being teleported...

I stand down one end with the eggs (he doesn't flame breath me then)
When they start hatching they're immediately in the consecration (we use hunter slowing traps too though)
Judge, AS taunt etc as nessacary.

Just as the last eggs of the first batch all hatch, he teleports me, whisking me away from them all to allow some healing time. At this point I move behind the bone pile to continue to tank them all, and AOE them down.
Bubble and repeat.

Don't suppose its any better or worse than any other way though tbh
ImageImage
Thanehand

Postby Cearn » Tue May 13, 2008 11:21 am

i like the bonepile - that way all the mages know where to bomb, even after a teleport °_°
Cearn

Postby Boomtank » Tue May 13, 2008 3:39 pm

frost trap, frost grenade, frost nova, taunt a group off your healer.
all are good options =]
Boomtank

Postby Achtung » Tue May 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Last time I ran this, I was cranking about 300 FR and it was easy as cake. Grabbed one whole side, burnt it down, grabbed the other.

Even after an entire side of adds bashing on me, I only ended up with 12 stacks of the debuff once they'd been burnt down. Went and stood on an egg at the end of the fight and only took 3k damage.
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Halisstra » Wed May 14, 2008 11:05 am

The FR helps, and I'd recommend even a few pieces. It's pretty nice.

I wear 3-4 pieces of FR that I just randomly got, Onyxia Talisman, cape with 20 fr, a blue ring I got from ether keys and one other piece that eludes me at the moment. With FR aura I run about 150ish FR and that's usually enough to stop a lot of the damage, I also wear mostly SD gear as my lock likes to seed a lot.

I also use two click SD trinkets (Ruby Serpent and umm...maybe a ZA one? 18m/5 and a clicky) The first one I use AW, second wave I pop both trinkets, then DS after to clear the debuffs. In between waves if my stacks happened to get to high I'll drop a few cleanses on myself.
Halisstra

Postby ehly » Wed May 14, 2008 2:16 pm

I actually do it the same way as Ronor. Only difference is when the first side is done hatching I drag them all neaxt to the boss. The aoe damage nukes them and the boss. Often the 1st hatcher doesn't make it through the aoe to hatch the other side. If it does though its fine, I get to work on the second side early. Normally the soft enrage hits right about the second batch of hatchers so just grab them all up at once, back to the boss and nuke the boss.

We just started trying for bears recently. Doing it this way saves us a lot of time in this fight. We only missed the 4th chest by 1 min last week.
ehly

Postby Penicillan » Tue May 27, 2008 9:34 am

generally what i do is RD the first hawk, drop a consecrate and pop holy shield. Ill try to auto-attack swing on the first hawk from the second group, but after that i generally dont have any problems. If one does get through, ill let the raid know and a hunter usually kills it for me.

I also dont clear an entire side at once. I find that i have trouble keeping aggro against my locks for the new hawks that havent been in the consecrate for too long. It usually takes about 3 rounds of hatching to clear 1 side (we start with the left, let none hatch on the right). Once that side is down, ill clear off as much of the debuff as i can while i wait for 35% and drink a mana pot. Once 35% hits, the entire right side will come out. My healer (usually a shammy, and we are very vocal) and my warlock (sometimes 2) will be with me, healer keeping me alive and lock throwing seeds. Once they all die, pop my bubble to clear the debuff, then start helping with heals.

I do have some problems with the bombs, but what we do to combat that is ill mark my healer with a raid icon. If i cant see anything around me, ill tell him to find a spot, then once he does ill run to him, usually dragging a few hawks with me.

It does kinda make me feel good that they cant down that boss without me. :lol: Sure a warrior or druid could do it, but it sucks badly, and we dont even want to try it. If for some reason i cant make the raid, they wont even try it.
Penicillan

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue May 27, 2008 10:39 am

the aggro issue for me was solved this way: I stay on the egg platform that will be fully broken, and aggro everything. When they port us I place myself as close to the bridge as I can and consecrate there. The number of hawks is so big that the aoers are damage-capped.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman