Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Thu May 08, 2008 6:54 pm

M'uru isnt bad for paladin. It doesn't necessarily FAVOR us, but we have our own tricks here. Yeah the gauntlet sucks but that's the only real mana burn. The whirlwind muru trash can be rooted.

All of sunwell is pretty nice for us or even, really.
Elsie

Postby Monsti » Fri May 09, 2008 1:17 am

Pls take a look at the SK-video.

The sk-healpala tanked the sentinals + spawns. He had a 0/48/13 for this fight too.
The two defwarriors tanked the zerkers.

Exodus played another strat with two ferals (zerkers), one defwarrior (sentinels) and a protpala (spawns).
Monsti

Postby Eeva » Fri May 09, 2008 5:39 am

Figurine of the Colossus is so pro here.
Eeva

Postby Requital » Fri May 09, 2008 10:17 am

Still seem to get to DPS or sit on this fight not really a Ret Paladin style fight but it's doable if you lack a rogue you still have your hoj+repent. All in all we'll be back on it Sunday and I hope we get him down this week.
Requital

Postby Elsie » Fri May 09, 2008 3:10 pm

The fight's fine for ret paladin. You lose a bit of utility in p1, true, but p2 requires a huge amount of burst dps and/or survivability which avenging wrath and Divine Shield are made for. You could probably put out great numbers in p1 depending on your strategy (SK/Exo or other). There's more than one way to do this fight.
Elsie

Postby Ossuary » Fri May 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Sorry for the late response here on the forum. Thank you for the congrats on M'uru all.

As for tips for the fight: It allows for zero error at all in the fight. A single death means a wipe. You need massive dps, awesome tanks, and awesome healers.

As for my job, true a healer paladin could have taken the job but i filled the role as a prot paladin, i took two sents worth of voids and then they were aoe'd down immediately rinse and repeat.
I asked to tank the sentinels as well, however Kaywarrior is pretty classist versus paladins and only sees our worth in AoE tanking. While i push for him to give me more to chew he wants to wait till we have a world first under our belt to deal with chance resists on kalec and brut.

ANYHOO on to the fight, Our ferals capped hit and expertise stacking in order to make sure they hit thier targets are hit and threat is built. Rouges and warriors are sweeping and whirling to max damage on the adds. Our melee dps generally has 10 seconds of free time between add spawns.

Casters are on muru hardcore with the mages and warlocks switching to down Sents. Once 12 spawns are up warlocks seed them up and blow them away.

Phase 2 once you make it, is an all out dps race. Skulls are still spawning and need to be purged/dispelled ASAP. Gravity wells(tm) spawn and will play havoc with anyone nearby. If you watch SK's video they got extremely lucky with orb staying near the tank/entropious.

Sadly, the reason they won't really let me tank stuff is due to threat issues. Our dps is monster, so monster that my 1300~1400 tps can't keep up on some fights. Kaywarrior bases his ideal threat around his and druid tanks which is topping near 2k. That and he feels that having a single taunt is very weak especially since its on a 15 second timer(which i agree on that point)
Ossuary

Postby Ossuary » Fri May 09, 2008 5:16 pm

As an Edit, due to the lack of actual tank experience (KZ, ZA, mag, gruul, Archie, Supremus, Gurtogg and illidan fire tank) i may actually just be a noob :oops:
Ossuary

Postby FallMonkey » Fri May 09, 2008 9:04 pm

Ossuary wrote:As an Edit, due to the lack of actual tank experience (KZ, ZA, mag, gruul, Archie, Supremus, Gurtogg and illidan fire tank) i may actually just be a noob :oops:

Grats,Ossuary:)

What kind of gear would work best?

Sp?(To max your output to spawns)Mitigation?(To get avoidance)Or SR?(To minimize the Shadow dmg from spawns and sentinels)

Gonna tank it tonight, seems it's gonna be a hard week around.
FallMonkey

Postby Elsie » Fri May 09, 2008 9:47 pm

He stated he used 155 SR. They hit for about 400ish so a bit of BV and spell dmg handles the rest.

I'm really sorry your warrior is so ignorant. Particularly in regards to TPS and taunt.
Elsie

Postby Cleanse » Fri May 09, 2008 11:04 pm

Elsie wrote:He stated he used 155 SR. They hit for about 400ish so a bit of BV and spell dmg handles the rest.

I'm really sorry your warrior is so ignorant. Particularly in regards to TPS and taunt.

I don't think he is.

Prot paladins excel at 4+ mob tanking for aers.
Feral druids are insane threat.
Warriors are the best MT's.
Cleanse

Postby rozakk » Sat May 10, 2008 12:14 am

I'm pretty blown away that sk was able to keep a prot pally up through that void sent AND all those spawns - or was it really a holy pally in tank gear? They also must have had the hunters needed to bring over the other sides adds. Either way, i was taking huge spikes on those when i tried, but i suppose it is doable (clearly is) if you can finagle your way into having several dedicated healers
rozakk

Postby Elsie » Sat May 10, 2008 12:42 am

I'm pretty sure SK Gaming's prot paladin was using full SR. If Void Blast is resistable, then he would take no significant burst damage at all. ~20k buffed hp on him, too, I think. If the void sentinel hits ~10k, babies ~2k, aoe pulse 3k, void blast 2.5k.... 17.5k burst max.
Elsie

Postby rozakk » Sat May 10, 2008 12:46 am

i'd imagine a grounding totem was being used for the void blast. If you dont consider 10k melee hits with pulsing shadow auras that are not mitigatable with sr as burst, ur a better man than me. Especially since the sentinels hit quite fast without the voidblast being spellreflected back on them. The reason for sr is the sbolt volleys which so far is the only thing ive managed to mitigate with resist gear.

edit - saw ur update. Yea, I dont think ur gonna get insta-gibbed tanking a sentinel, atleast i didnt. But with the negative energy random nukes plus taking a few big hits in a row and i would go down in under 2 secs, which i atleast was considering burst dmg - i cant imagine it with voidspawns as well. It's certainly a multi healer commitment, which again is something that would have to be weighed against the massive dps requirement and therefore healer restraints the fight has. Obviously it worked for them. Personally i like exodus's strat more. SK's isnt even workable without multiple hunters unless you wanna pray on rng.
rozakk

Postby Elsie » Sat May 10, 2008 1:11 am

It's certainly a multi healer commitment, which again is something that would have to be weighed against the massive dps requirement and therefore healer restraints the fight has. Obviously it worked for them. Personally i like exodus's strat more. SK's isnt even workable without multiple hunters unless you wanna pray on rng.

1 druid putting hots with a keen eye and 1 dedicated paladin could do it. Considering any other strat you have a warrior + paladin tank taking two healers regardless it's about the same. Grounding totem... I didn't even think of.

Sadly a paladin tanking like SK isn't really feasible with our strategy =\
Elsie

Postby Katamai » Sat May 10, 2008 4:40 am

Elsie wrote:He stated he used 155 SR. They hit for about 400ish so a bit of BV and spell dmg handles the rest.

Unfortunately, his warrior is quite right and those are exactly the same reasons why i'm getting frustrated with my paladin.

I've tanked everything so far except for Brutallus and our threat on single targets is lowest of all tanks and buggy, single, long cd taunt is the reason why i never even asked to tank Brut.

These are not side-issues yet i don't see them resolved. On our last Illidan kill i did a perfect rotation and i was barely pushing stable 900 TPS with some 1.5-1.9K TPS bursts (i missed one HS and got sheer thanks to someone QQing on VT about blessings and distracting me mid fight >.<)
And he's a freaking demon. When i checked WWS i actually did more DPS than warrior when he was tanking him the week before and yet my TPS was significantly lower.

I don't know if it Omen or what but our threat suffers greatly in end game compared to warriors and druids and that certainly doesn't help on unforgiving DPS fights like those in SWP.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau