threat generation

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

threat generation

Postby phaqueue » Thu May 08, 2008 12:30 pm

so, I've been playing around with my prot pally for a while, and I'm not doing to horribly for gear, but I'm having a huge issue I need to figure out how to resolve...

currently - it seems like no matter what rotation I"m using, I'm only able to generate around 400-500 TPS according to Omen.

Can someone hook me up with what my proper rotation should be? and/or a link to a good - very basic "Welcome to Prot Pally tanking" thread?

any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

also - my pally's name is Creezy, on US-Magtheridon - if anyone would like to comment on armory... ;)

thanks in advance for the help!
phaqueue

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 08, 2008 12:33 pm

According to Omen, the world is flat and carried by a giant turtle.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Loganb1104 » Thu May 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:According to Omen, the world is flat and carried by a giant turtle.

It's not?!

I guess that explains why I pull aggro on my lock when Omen says I'm at 90%. :-/

To the OP, don't be so much concerned with the little number under "TPS." Be more concerned with whether or not your DPS is riding your ass in threat all the time. If they aren't, you're probably ok.
Obnauticus/Warlock/Mannoroth (main)
Oldtuna/Paladin/Nordrassil (alt)
Loganb1104

Postby Lookit » Thu May 08, 2008 12:55 pm

Omen has been having issues with accuracy lately. Don't worry about your TPS unless people are pulling aggro.
Lookit

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Loganb1104 wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:According to Omen, the world is flat and carried by a giant turtle.

It's not?!

I guess that explains why I pull aggro on my lock when Omen says I'm at 90%. :-/

To the OP, don't be so much concerned with the little number under "TPS." Be more concerned with whether or not your DPS is riding your ass in threat all the time. If they aren't, you're probably ok.
It's very easy for me to pull aggro at 90% on my warlock in, like, 5 seconds. Welcome to 9k-sized crits 20 seconds into the fight :p
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re: threat generation

Postby Kitria » Thu May 08, 2008 2:01 pm

phaqueue wrote:Can someone hook me up with what my proper rotation should be? and/or a link to a good - very basic "Welcome to Prot Pally tanking" thread?

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=4750 Stickied in the Advanced Training forum.
Kitria

Return to Basic Training & Talents