Azgalor

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Exalt » Wed May 07, 2008 8:36 am

So, if I'm reading all this right, most people tank him where Thrall chills out, and the doomguard tanks, healers and pretty much all the raid's melee flake out with the taurens and talk about how to properly prepare steak.

The ranged guys stay at max range so as to not pull a RoF onto their heads, and that leaves uh... thrall and his boys within range of the boss.

So this would lead me to believe that RoF will pretty much always be on the MT.

Does everyone just heal through this, or do you have the tank reposition?
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Balsimar » Wed May 07, 2008 8:53 am

Exalt wrote:Does everyone just heal through this, or do you have the tank reposition?

You just heal through it. It isn't that bad when you've only got like 3 people taking damage, including the doomguard tanks.
Balsimar

Postby Worldie » Wed May 07, 2008 9:10 am

Usually i try to move out of it but if that would end in Thrall getting cleaved i don't :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Exalt » Wed May 07, 2008 10:15 am

coolz, thanks for the info. We just got Kaz'Rogal down last night, but wiped a couple times on trash before calling it. (MANY MANY MANY thanks for the info on the banish-trick for the sixth trash wave, that wave was bending us over pretty badly; having the taurens there should help massively.)

So we're hoping to get a solid shot at Azgalor tomorrow night.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby YoYoMa » Wed May 07, 2008 1:54 pm

we flip him around and tank Azgalor up by the Taurens and the Doomguards by Thrall. Both ways seem to work fine. We just started out with this setup and have thus, stuck with it since it worked for us.
YoYoMa

Postby Drak » Thu May 08, 2008 11:20 am

We originally tried tanking him at the warriors, failed for a full raid night. The next day we decided to flip it around and the first attempt we tanked him at thrall we killed him.
Drak

Postby Exalt » Thu May 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Drak wrote:We originally tried tanking him at the warriors, failed for a full raid night. The next day we decided to flip it around and the first attempt we tanked him at thrall we killed him.

Out of curiosity, what was happening on your wipes? Doomguards not being downed fast enough, or was azgalor himself staying up too long?
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Heironeous » Mon May 26, 2008 12:45 pm

Dirty Tricks for getting to and doing the boss:

On wave 6 if you didn't get the Taurens (or they died, which happens a few times while you learn trash) send in a prot warrior to blow spell reflect, use your holy wrath, disperse rogues/shamans on the human casters and let them go wild with interupts while your range focus fire (put a ranged on the tank boxes to target off of) You'll be buckling fast if the healers dont spam you from the spell damage, but you can hold the banshees long enough to finish off the casters and let the melee go to work.

On the boss if you possition even a holy pally on top of the oven at the Tauren camp if they tab-target a doomguard and hit exorcism the doomguard will teleport back to you, keeping you from chasing it into doom-range.

Rotate immunes near the boss to draw the reign of fire. Rogues, paladins, mages, whatever can go into "you cant touch me" mode. Then they can run clear and draw off the inferno of death.

Engineers should throw frost grenades on the doomguards in case they get too far progressed during a silence for the paladin to smack. Every raid-team has at least one.

Remember that while some guilds will 1 and 2 shot this guy, there are plenty who work on him for a few weeks. So dont worry. The first 3 BT bosses are WAY easier.

Oh. And remember to tell a joke on vent while you fight the trash and the boss. People might get too tight. So loosen em up a little. I prefer picking on the warrior tank and the warlocks.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Postby Seloei » Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Theres plenty of options to do wave 6. We have a suicidal shadowpriest run in, aoe fear and then everything which can be cc'd, is so and everyone who can silence picks up a random target and holds it. Tanks try to grab as many as they can. Melee on banshees casters on necromancers
Or if he doesnt feel like it, a hunter places an explosive trap on the ground and aspects the frack away into the tauren camp. Anything on the path is cc'd/picked up/nuked or anything, when the mobs reach him behind the tauren camp, the warriors who refused to help stunlock them. (5 tries in a row to keep a pet banished and it still dies, lazy locks spamming seed not banish :P)
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Tue May 27, 2008 2:37 am

I'm still a fan of AoEtanking wave 6, it's more fun.

Relatively easier if you are blood elf tho.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andover » Tue May 27, 2008 12:00 pm

Wave 6 is the fun one. Sometimes we have the Warriors, sometimes we dont. Most of the time I start the fun up front to get aggro on everything right by the front gate. I run back some to range the casts then instantly run back in to consecrate. At this time all Warriors, Bears, Rogues, Hunters will get the attention of one or two each. I'll hit wings, Wrath and soak em up. At that point I have about 5-6 on me while the rest are being DPS'd down/MC'd/Sheep'd.

However, it does make a big difference to have the Taurens in there.
Andover

Postby Strom » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 am

So we give this guy one try last week and we got him to 76% but didnt feel like revisitng the trash so late. Tonight we have all night just for him and plan to kill him. We will be usuing the usual setup:

Warrior is tanking Az by thrall and me, a druid (backup/chaser) and a pally healer will be back by the tauren for doomguard duty.

Some questions:

1) If all melee and NPCs are oriented behind Az he shouldnt cleave correct?
2) We will have 5 melee in there besides the tank, how survivable is that RoF? Can they get out fast enough now to over strain the healers?
3) Will Thrall die to the RoF?
4) Will me/druid and taurens be enough to kill the doomguards before another is cast?

Thanks!
Strom

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:49 am

1) He will cleave regardless of who's in front of him. Just, the cleave will hit only the tank.
2) I'd suggest sending melees on first 3-4 doomguards, then sending them on boss.
3) Thrall won't die to the RoF, he will die only if he is in Cleave range
4) No, check 2

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Strom » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:51 am

Worldie wrote:2) I'd suggest sending melees on first 3-4 doomguards, then sending them on boss.

What is the reasoning for this? To minimize the amount of doomguards?
Strom

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 am

Correct. And also because that will save them some rain of fires and thus some mana to the healers.

I've seen multiple attempts turned into wipes due to the doomguard tank being overrun by 6-7 doomguards.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal