Remove Advertisements

any paladins MT archimonde?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:58 am

fiorina wrote:So you outgear him but still plan to have 7 fears. Do you use some kiting tactics? :)

As a reference. Last week, scrub alt raid, 2fw
http://wowwebstats.com/ut3vz4kj4vt5g?s= ... a=58#buffs

lol nice point, i never really counted how many fears we had actually, never bothered

we usually get him to the 10% at 7-8 minutes so, i assumed fears at every cd
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Requital » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:56 am

Was pretty happy doing a full tanking run yesterday no Warrior sneaking in to replace me on boss fights. One great thing about a Paladin tank on Archimonde is the ability to dispel fears from all the melee.
Requital

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Oh finally did it, again another hyjal raid with 0 prot warriors and just 1 dps war. I actually had to tank without either imp or shout.

We had 5 FW so it was a bit overkill.

I must say that this guy hits relatively hard but very slow, even without thunder clap (ye dps war slacked) was like, 2.0 atk speed if not less.

I must say that overally i felt the lack of LS and SW for those panic moments where healers were feared and you got 3 hits in a row and are down to 2k hp.
God bless nightmare seeds.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:43 pm

I tanked him last night.

4 FW rotation, just in case, easy.

He hits so fucking slow. On our first attempt I put on more avoidance gear and I was going OOM around 70%...so I switched trinket/bracers.

It was great. Dispelling people during fears ftw as well.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Seloei » Wed May 07, 2008 4:14 pm

Might get a shot on tanking him tommorow if the prot war can't make it... Was wondering besides the fear ward rotation, should you be equiping the pvp trinket for an extra remover? Or with 3-4 priests it wont be needed?

Also... after they fixed the tremor totems wouldn't it be feasible to ask for a shaman to drop a totem at his feet? Is it feasible or too risky, seems like it works real fast based on heroics/nightbane.
Seloei

Postby nicolax » Thu May 08, 2008 2:38 am

Seloei wrote:Might get a shot on tanking him tommorow if the prot war can't make it... Was wondering besides the fear ward rotation, should you be equiping the pvp trinket for an extra remover? Or with 3-4 priests it wont be needed?

Also... after they fixed the tremor totems wouldn't it be feasible to ask for a shaman to drop a totem at his feet? Is it feasible or too risky, seems like it works real fast based on heroics/nightbane.

you shouldn't rely on a totem, it's nice to have one but it won't always break the fear when you need it. if you have 4 priests don't bother with equipping your pvp trinket, with 3 equip it, with 2 you will need trinket-bubble and some luck XD. i don't like using the bubble/debubble trick in that fight. since we have dps warriors that can get immune to fear, usually they get 1-shoot as soon as i bubble.
nicolax

Postby Worldie » Thu May 08, 2008 4:17 am

The bubble trick will 99% of the times end with one of your melees dead. Use it as last last LAST chance.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Janduin » Thu May 08, 2008 5:53 am

What's the issue with DPS warriors and bubble/unbubble trick? Granted I haven't done it on Archi but AFAIK I've never killed anyone using it.
Janduin

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 am

Janduin wrote:What's the issue with DPS warriors and bubble/unbubble trick? Granted I haven't done it on Archi but AFAIK I've never killed anyone using it.
Pure luck, I grant you. Bubble = he'll hit the next guy as soon as his attack is available. Specially on high latency grounds(stupid international backbones!) bubbling invariably ends in someone eating a melee swing from the boss.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Thu May 08, 2008 2:39 pm

Wipefest due to the same 2 people dieing in doomfires... we only had 2 priests but a single tremor totem was enough for all the fears + any wards that were up. Surprisingly the totem worked like a charm and was out of the fear before you even moved out of melee range.
Seloei

Postby enbee » Thu May 08, 2008 11:31 pm

You can attempt to time your bubble with the bosses swingtimer, a macro'd bubble key with /cancel aura after /use drops the bubble pretty damn quickly
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby MonkH » Fri May 30, 2008 3:51 pm

most tips in this thread so far seem to be healer orientated, didnt find this threat very helpful as MT.
any tips you can give to avoid doomfire trail and whats a good position to take to view raid. i know alot of bosses camera angles kinda fucked but this boss wide open space, but place my guild leader suggested to tank angle was but naff couldnt see around archi.
can recommend any tank videos?

tips i learned from this boss fight is
* dont move backwards out of doomfire trail he finger of deathed when i did this :p
* if u can stack more dodge parry stam gear less block gear since he cant crush
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
MonkH

Postby Escoger » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:17 am

I was planning on seeing if I can progression tank Archimonde because of our probable lack of healers with trinket and I was wondering, if there are 3 priests is it feasable for me to do the fight with only fear ward+bubble? Or will the cooldowns end up being too long for a progression kill?
Escoger

Postby Lucit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 am

Escoger wrote:I was planning on seeing if I can progression tank Archimonde because of our probable lack of healers with trinket and I was wondering, if there are 3 priests is it feasable for me to do the fight with only fear ward+bubble? Or will the cooldowns end up being too long for a progression kill?

3 priests + pvp trinket
Lucit

Postby Escoger » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Escoger wrote:
I was planning on seeing if I can progression tank Archimonde because of our probable lack of healers with trinket and I was wondering, if there are 3 priests is it feasable for me to do the fight with only fear ward+bubble? Or will the cooldowns end up being too long for a progression kill?

3 priests + pvp trinket

Not an option tonight, I haven't PvPed on my paladin at all and it will probably be a couple days before I can, so I need to know if its possible to do it assuming three priests and just bubble/debubble macro.

If it helps I was thinking something like this:

one minute before pull: Fear Ward 1 is put up
after first fear: Fear Ward 2 is put up
after second fear: Fear Ward 3 is put up
after third fear: FW1 again
after fourth fear: I divine shield and cancel
fifth fear: FW2 again
sixth fear: FW3 again
seventh fear: FW1 again
eighth fear: 2 or 3 healers pop trinket and dispell and heal me
ninth fear: FW2 again
tenth fear: FW3 again
eleventh fear: FW1 again
twelvth fear: DS and cancel again
thirteenth fear: FW2 again
fourteenth fear FW3 again
fifteenth fear FW1 again.

This is assuming he fears about five seconds after every cooldown. If that is incorrect please correct me.
Escoger

PreviousNext

Return to Mt. Hyjal